Quickness and Alacrity to relics?

Anet removed many sources of quickness and alacrity from WvW/PvP in the recent months. 

At the same time, the current balance team wants to make as many diverse playing styles as possible for the professions accessible. 

Could it be that they will remove team support quickness and alacrity from traits and integrate them to relics so every elite spec can share these important boons? What do you think? 

The first signs are there. Most elite specs can do 2 roles from Power Damage, Condition Damage and/or Heal/Boons. But only one elite spec can share one of these important boons. That's a restriction anet could work on to remove.

• Confused 1

I don’t think so. Unless they can come up with 27+ different ways/Relics to trigger Quick/Alac share for each espec (which sounds redundant as heck), having 1-2 Relics that can share Quick/Alac means there will be specs that are incompatible with the Relic’s trigger method and become unused.

This will kill the current diversity. Thus I prefer much more the current balance we’re having: each profession has 1 spec for Alac and 1 spec for Quick, and they’re shared through each spec’s unique mechanics.

3 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

I don’t think so. Unless they can come up with 27+ different ways/Relics to trigger Quick/Alac share for each espec (which sounds redundant as heck), having 1-2 Relics that can share Quick/Alac means there will be specs that are incompatible with the Relic’s trigger method and become unused.

I'm not really defending this idea...but this is kinda just flat out wrong.

Everyone has a heal skill...an elite skill....and relics effects are often times designed to trigger on heal or elite skill usage. these are not incompatible, since those mechanics are universal across every class.

The only time where it's incompatible is when Anet gives designs artificial restrictions like "Does X when you use a Cantrip" It's barely used for this reason : not everyone has access to cantrips, and when you do, there's no guarantee those skills are in the builds that they use.

It comes down ultimately to how anet designs mechanics...and this is gonna be true for any mechanic you want to have in the game, not just Quickness or Alacrity.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

They could simply tie it to profession mechanics. For example, Elementalists would grant the boons on swapping attunements and or Overloads. And Warrior could grant the boons when activating Bursts, Full Counter or entering Berserk.

The naming could be as uninspired as "Relic of Ranger's Quickness."

7 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

This will kill the current diversity. Thus I prefer much more the current balance we’re having: each profession has 1 spec for Alac and 1 spec for Quick, and they’re shared through each spec’s unique mechanics.

Outsourcing the Alacrity and Quickness could open up design space within the elite specializations currently infested with these boons.

And in cases like Junksworn, the nerfs that accompanied the Quickness/Alacrity infestations could be reverted.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Iustitian.9176 said:

Could it be that they will remove team support quickness and alacrity from traits and integrate them to relics so every elite spec can share these important boons? What do you think? 

I think they removed alac for much simpler and straightforward reason, they just don't want it in wvw.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 5:58 AM, Aeolus.3615 said:

Less alac and quickness on all content it is a good thing.

Fix't.  I'll happily uninstall all my other games to focus on GW2 if those two buffs got removed from the game in their entirety.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

They've removed them, cause they were too accessible in PvP/WvW.
The impact of those two, when on 100% uptime is simply too huge power boost.

I also it seems to go against their vision of what relics are supposed to be.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

They've removed them, cause they were too accessible in PvP/WvW.
The impact of those two, when on 100% uptime is simply too huge power boost.

I also it seems to go against their vision of what relics are supposed to be.

So true.  Relic should be similar to what we had... What is Anet's vision?  

4 hours ago, Kal Durak.2830 said:

So true.  Relic should be similar to what we had... What is Anet's vision?  

Relics that adjust playstyle of a build, by increasing/adding value to certain aspect of a build, applying an additional mechanic or giving boons on an action.
They do not make a core of an entire build, like the quickness/alac idea.

On 3/21/2024 at 9:28 PM, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Is redundancy a bad thing?

If it is, can we start clipping some of these gear spreads? Or just get rid of minor/major runes and sigils? I mean, I don't want to get rid of stuff just because I personally don't use them, but at the same time, redundant alternatives with the new relic slot seems in line with the other stuff.

• Confused 3

On 3/24/2024 at 11:46 AM, Raarsi.6798 said:

Fix't.  I'll happily uninstall all my other games to focus on GW2 if those two buffs got removed from the game in their entirety.

Meanwhile herald trait that Anet changed to give quickness can bug and provide  perma afk quickness :D, it has not been fixed since  anet ruined that trait :P

Edited by Aeolus.3615

• 3 weeks later...

i think that alac/quick are extremely overpowered shared/party boons and I’m not surprised that anet wants to nerf them. A relic that generates alc and/or quick as a boon for yourself only is fine but not one that’s shared. 

Edited by Tinker.6924

I'm all for removing quickness and alacrity share from the various profession abilities. Relics are certainly a solution as long as those specifics relics can't be used in competitive modes.

To limit players even more, they could even tie those boons to runesets with the relic only increasing the base duration of either alacrity or quickness your character generate.

For example:

Superior runes of volubility:

• 25 concentration
  • 10% alacrity duration
  • 50 concentration
  • 20% alacrity duration
  • 100 concentration
  • Grant nearby allies Alacrity for 4 Seconds after entering combat. (Cooldown: 10 Seconds)

Relic of Sogolon: Increase base alacrity duration of your skills, traits and runes by 20%.

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm all for removing quickness and alacrity share from the various profession abilities. Relics are certainly a solution as long as those specifics relics can't be used in competitive modes.

To limit players even more, they could even tie those boons to runesets with the relic only increasing the base duration of either alacrity or quickness your character generate.

For example:

Superior runes of volubility:

• 25 concentration
  • 10% alacrity duration
  • 50 concentration
  • 20% alacrity duration
  • 100 concentration
  • Grant nearby allies Alacrity for 4 Seconds after entering combat. (Cooldown: 10 Seconds)

Relic of Sogolon: Increase base alacrity duration of your skills, traits and runes by 20%.

This feels like a backtrack though.

Like, it sounds interesting but, the devs removed these types of effects from runes and put them into relics....it doesn't sound like they'd ever put new effects back into runes but it would be cool if they did.

11 hours ago, Leo G.4501 said:

This feels like a backtrack though.

Like, it sounds interesting but, the devs removed these types of effects from runes and put them into relics....it doesn't sound like they'd ever put new effects back into runes but it would be cool if they did.

I don't think the devs limit themself with thought like "we won't ever do that again". On another hand, they like to tease the playerbase with the possibility that "they might do it again".