WvW World Restructuring Beta Feedback and Future

1 hour ago, Seer.7906 said:

Frustration is overwhelmingly common in guilds when you realize significant portions of a large guild are now missing just because they didn't login and actively select the specific alliance guild in the span of time allotted, and this issue will repeat until the end of time.

Is it that common? Forums is relatively quiet on reshuffle now. Yeah like 3-4 threads pop up from people that confused themselves with how WvW guild selection works or come back to WvW after 10 years or something and can’t play with their guild today so now they’re quitting forever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 9/26/2024 at 12:10 PM, Mabi black.1824 said:

Because you are always present in WVW. So you are well informed, you know what to choose, when to choose, how to choose. Players who come to play 1 week at WVW sometimes have a different perspective. Imagine even just 2 friends who meet up for a week of play together for any reason. They enter and select a server at random, then they are convinced that they can move to be together, with the result of not being able to play together, for a series of specific mechanics that they did not know.

Yep, we cannot say that this system it's bad, it depends on the context, maybe it's good for some hard core guild or GvG guild, roamers do not care at all because well, they are roamers, but for everyone else this system it's a mess, I have a friend that never (never) selected a guild for WvW and he's randomly scattered in a different server every time with no reason, another did the same but have all the server locked so he could choose when he would like to play WvW at some point, btw the population of the "servers" are mainly demanded to the DRAMA factor i.e. the alliances that well, we know, are a worst (in my opinion obviously) implementation of a static server with the plus that if you do not play in a guild following all their stupid or good rules (but you have to be lucky) you can't play in their server, maybe a guild is toxic but some of their commander are really good, well you can't play with them unless you join their "temporary" alliance (you know, the drama always arrive, sooner or later), so in the past you had static server, the drama, but you could choose the server, now you have "drama server" but you can't choose where to play unless you join "the drama bandwagon" so you can't even play with other people in your situation because you don't know where they are or if they will be with you next time even if they do not join an alliance, this system in my opinion it's just a boring beta that they try to smash every time to let it work 🙂
Btw this is what we have until the next wonderful idea comes out, let's try to survive at best 😄

• Like 4
  • Confused 6

• 2 weeks later...

So when are we moving back to Servers,  so tired of this mess,  never been this unbalanced either.

Prime time day and teams having 200+. potential capture points,  multiple weeks, sometimes it's been us, other times us getting spawn camp farmed during prime time.

When it was Servers,  it wasn't always balanced, but better then this!   only time you really saw spawn camping was Long past midnight.

Not to mention there is almost never any open Tag commanders.

When it was server based there was a community, you had open tag commanders that did it daily and you got to know, even though you weren't in the same guild.

Now it resets monthly who you see,  it's bad and killing the community vibe.

Also the learning curve of 4 weeks can easily turn into 8 weeks if something goes wrong,  like it did for my friends.

And if you wanna swap guild,  find another guild you play with and wanna do WvW with,  you have to wait 4 weeks.

Or when my guild decided to connect with another social casual guild for WvW (Made a new one both joined just for setting as WvW rep).
But then some people fought in that other guild and that guild got disbanded together the new guild they made,  everyone got kicked a few days prior to new team forming.
So some re set old guild as WvW,  but others didn't logg in for a few days and missed.

There are tons of other drawbacks.

And I mean,  Guilds could easily play together prior too, just be on the same server, not hard,  it only mattered for WvW any way.

And if you wanted to play with other peeps suddenly, you could swap server on a dime, just limiting the rewards for a week, but you could still PLAY together.

Add something like that atleast,  so you can play with who you want, just have to deny some reward or something.

Edited by Ramjam.4507
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Ramjam.4507 said:

When it was server based there was a community, you had open tag commanders that did it daily and you got to know, even though you weren't in the same guild.

This whole thing is simply absurd. at least I think so. Even when we have a perfect balance I would like to understand what you will do with it when no one gives a kitten about the server. they don't even know the name of the server where they are playing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ramjam.4507 said:

And if you wanted to play with other peeps suddenly, you could swap server on a dime, just limiting the rewards for a week, but you could still PLAY together.

Except it cost a lot leaving guild members behind that didn’t want to move, or you couldn’t move at all because the server you intended to move to was full. 

Half of your complaints have little to do with WR (what’s Anet gonna do, join teams and force random people to open tag?) and much of it is worst case scenario instead of the average, such as joining a new guild and waiting to be sorted to their team. It can be as low as 3 days and as high as 4 weeks. 

• Confused 3

Day 69:

We've begun to call ourselves "The Outnumbered" as we almost always are.

Whichever map the single com squad is on is the only place we aren't.

Our discord overlords either choose to play in off hours for an hour or two a day,

Or else they declare the week null and void and wish to drop a tier.

Never has the Daily and Weekly been as hard to achieve.

We are losing hope for anything better than this.

Send actual help.

-Mimi

P.S. Somehow each one of us is worth 50 bags to the enemy zergs that effortlessly run us over,

Where on earth do we have room to carry them all?

Edited by Mimizu.7340
postscript
  • Like 6

On 10/14/2024 at 10:10 PM, Ramjam.4507 said:

So when are we moving back to Servers,  so tired of this mess,  never been this unbalanced either.

Prime time day and teams having 200+. potential capture points,  multiple weeks, sometimes it's been us, other times us getting spawn camp farmed during prime time.

When it was Servers,  it wasn't always balanced, but better then this!   only time you really saw spawn camping was Long past midnight.

Not to mention there is almost never any open Tag commanders.

They had 8 years to improve how World Linkings, should of balanced out player populations better, but even that failed.

Alot of the time, server communities imploded, it was worse in the EU in some ways because, you would have solo servers with no link for two months staying locked or expensive to transfer to and links, where communities didn't get along that well, whether it's due to transfers or not.

So even if this system isn't great, technically it's still in beta, although you still see Alliances split and so the algorithm gets a workout, but we only see 4 week 'Alliances', which is prolly not long enough, yet it's probably better to have monthly team creations, for testing purposes.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Except it cost a lot leaving guild members behind that didn’t want to move, or you couldn’t move at all because the server you intended to move to was full. 

Half of your complaints have little to do with WR (what’s Anet gonna do, join teams and force random people to open tag?) and much of it is worst case scenario instead of the average, such as joining a new guild and waiting to be sorted to their team. It can be as low as 3 days and as high as 4 weeks. 

In NA a particular guild doing repeated server hopping caused tier problems. The abandoned server would find itself still in the top tier, having lost its main active guild. I have zero tears for guilds unable to server hop.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

In NA a particular guild doing repeated server hopping caused tier problems. The abandoned server would find itself still in the top tier, having lost its main active guild. I have zero tears for guilds unable to server hop.

Someone will sooner or later explain to me what is interesting to avoid a game of cards with the cards you have in your hand, rather than choosing to escape and play the game with someone else's cards. 🤔

• Like 1

So I am in a tiny guild, and I told others while we don't have alliances we will will float so I can see what this looks like. Since Forum Wars 2 player. 

9 hours ago, Mimizu.7340 said:

Day 69:

We've begun to call ourselves "The Outnumbered" as we almost always are.

Whichever map the single com squad is on is the only place we aren't.

Our discord overlords either choose to play in off hours for an hour or two a day,

Or else they declare the week null and void and wish to drop a tier.

Never has the Daily and Weekly been as hard to achieve.

We are losing hope for anything better than this.

Send actual help.

-Mimi

P.S. Somehow each one of us is worth 50 bags to the enemy zergs that effortlessly run us over,

Where on earth do we have room to carry them all?

Isn't this an issue in choosing a bad community guild? Its not WR but choosing to group versus float or choose a different group. Have now floated in 4 sorts and found options to move forward. Ours up, them down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

22 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So I am in a tiny guild, and I told others while we don't have alliances we will will float so I can see what this looks like. Since Forum Wars 2 player. 

Isn't this an issue in choosing a bad community guild? Its not WR but choosing to group versus float or choose a different group. Have now floated in 4 sorts and found options to move forward. Ours up, them down.

Sorry confused poster. So when 1 player can rally a group while solo and not in a Comm/Alliance guild to fight back is it the other side or the side getting jumped?

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I am in a guild of 1.

I am also a "floater".

• Like 2

On 10/15/2024 at 7:24 AM, Mabi black.1824 said:

This whole thing is simply absurd. at least I think so. Even when we have a perfect balance I would like to understand what you will do with it when no one gives a kitten about the server. they don't even know the name of the server where they are playing.

I don't know your experience, but mine was deffinetly that there was a server community!

We had Discord servers & Teamspeak servers for the Gw2 WvW server, and they were active.

There were about 10 people who ran open tag every week,  you even got to know there style, some required you to join the server voice chats to join.

I sometimes play with my guild in wvw,  but thats like 20% of the time in WvW,   same now,  rest of the time in WvW,  was with others from the server you got to know, or those commanding open tag.

If guilds were server hopping and it caused problem with not all following, thats another problem they caused them selves, my 2 guilds I were in had been on same server for 7 years.

It's kinda like the server were a sports team you rooted for,  and wanted to succeed, and now it's just random team comp every 4 weeks,  don't know anyone there except when with guildies,  like I said,  20% of the time spent in WvW or so, and you can't even join multiple WvW guilds to have more uptime with friends you get to know EITHER.

Since 4 weeks later those 2 guilds will be split anyway.

Not everything is bad with the new system, but overall I find it worse.

And my biggest problem is balance,   right now as I answer this our team is sitting at 30 total points, during prime time gaming,   Another team at 260 and last at 148

Last week our team sat at 250 ish points while the others suffered drastically,   I know it's early stage balancing or something, but like Servers were never this bad.

You saw 1 team get above 250 during LATE night long past midnight at most, never saw it that unbalance between 17-21.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 10/16/2024 at 11:47 AM, Mimizu.7340 said:

I am in a guild of 1.

I am also a "floater".

So how did you influence that? Each sort I see what I can impact solo. After that I seek to havoc. After that I seek Warband. After that I seek to tag if there are resources. Floaters can impact sorts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So how did you influence that? Each sort I see what I can impact solo. After that I seek to havoc. After that I seek Warband. After that I seek to tag if there are resources. Floaters can impact sorts.

Whilst I admire your "one man can change the world" attitude, that isn't why I play wvw and it's not what I want from a game. I would rather anet sort their mess out. I framed my original post as a pastiche diary entry to avoid this sort of reply and yet here you are.

Edited by Mimizu.7340
speeling
  • Like 5

On 10/18/2024 at 11:04 AM, Mimizu.7340 said:

Whilst I admire your "one man can change the world" attitude, that isn't why I play wvw and it's not what I want from a game. I would rather anet sort their mess out. I framed my original post as a pastiche diary entry to avoid this sort of reply and yet here you are.

Yes here I am. A server pride player. I liked my pub style server where I could log in, do things, get things done. Defend friends, fight together and move forward. All the time being chill. Anet said nope to that. So we now play the new game as they say it should be. Don't see that as an offset, use that. Find like minded peeps to group with or see it as options in an  new environment. Yes, WR now requires more commitment or players to accept chill more. There are still middle grounds though. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 10/20/2024 at 12:17 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Yes here I am. A server pride player. I liked my pub style server where I could log in, do things, get things done. Defend friends, fight together and move forward. All the time being chill. Anet said nope to that. So we now play the new game as they say it should be. Don't see that as an offset, use that. Find like minded peeps to group with or see it as options in an  new environment. Yes, WR now requires more commitment or players to accept chill more. There are still middle grounds though. 

That doesn't really change much, again: I've done the precise steps you mention, in fact found my old community which I joined and gladly am part of again but things do not feel better overall in WvW, in fact they feel worse. The absence of players is increasing and aside from prime time when guilds are running about, WvW is pretty much dead now (And I'm once again playing in T1, I can't imagine how things are in the lower tiers) because it's all heavily relied on the presence of guilds and boonballs now.

Removing servers and pretty much the core thing that was greater than the individual and your group of friends is gone now. While WR fixes a number of things, I still wonder if it truly was worth the price in removing the core reasons why WvW mattered in the first place.

Edited by Erathiel.9318
typos
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

On 9/28/2024 at 4:50 PM, ChrisWhitey.9076 said:

This is a very bad idea as you would have guilds that would now know how to abuse the formula to stack teams. Best that is hidden from everyone forever.

"security by obscurity" is almost always a bad idea. Because experienced players/guilds will figure out how to manipulate the system for their own benefit anyway. A much better option would be a transparent system that cannot be manipulated so easily that you have to hide its inner workings. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2024 at 6:17 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Sorry confused and sad posters. So I tried my best to defend servers. I failed. 

Once they were gone, I now look to try and see options for like minded players to group. I float to watch that. Its been kind of funny. I have been told I need to Roam more, Havoc more., and Zerg more. orly?

• Confused 3