Great Expansion!

This comes as no surprise, but the new maps for the expansion are so pretty and cool. With great events on them to boot! Love the new mount abilities. 

The character design for our demon friend is so cool. She's so cool. 

Thank you! A job well done. ^_^ Look forward to the future. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14

I don't think you are going to have many that agree with you.  When you compare the content/style of the new expansion with previous expansions, it doesn't quite hold the same level of quality.  For me, at least.  

I'm glad you like it though OP!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Meh, it's okay. Not great, not terrible. I appreciate that they are trying to build a whole new story that is not related to the dragon cycle, but I feel like they should instead reconcile other issues in Tyria that are not the Kryptis.  The inquest is still a thing if I'm not mistaken, and surviving Sons of Svanir come to mind. Plus, Taimi is still supposedly dying and we still haven't gone to the Domain of Winds.

This expansion has enough in it to enjoy some modest play time in the form of legendary equipment, achievements, strikes and associated rewards, and an alternative way to get a skyscale mount (especially for that price). It still feels a little hollow, though, but that is probably because we haven't gotten all of it yet. We can't justifiably give this expansion a verdict, but based on what we currently have and know, it's just okay. Here's to hoping the next (and final) major update hits it out of the park. I would keep my expectations low, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's the worst expansion so far. The only saving grace is that they added open world PVE legendary armor. In my opinion that was the last great "carrot" for open world players. The first two maps were OK, breaking the third map being into three releases spread it too thin.

Anyway, we'll see if the next expansion is as hollow.

Edited by Pifil.5193
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

The only saving grace is that they added open world PVE legendary armor. In my opinion that was the last great "carrot" for open world players.

They could always make on OW leg ring to collect. Mind you, I'm not say they should, but that could serve as a future "carrot".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, idpersona.3810 said:

They could always make on OW leg ring to collect. Mind you, I'm not say they should, but that could serve as a future "carrot".

That's what I'm waiting on: 2 legendary rings that are not tied to raids, pvp, or wvw.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I think it's the worst expansion so far. The only saving grace is that they added open world PVE legendary armor. In my opinion that was the last great "carrot" for open world players.

Not even a carrot for me.  I have no interest in chasing legendary armor, so this latest release really doesn't hold anything for me.  Yeah, I was disappointed and don't really spend any time in those maps.  What's the point for me to go there?

Edited by kharmin.7683
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

It was great for me. I really wanted the armor. Made all three sets. Had no legendary armor before. Only the 3 accessories many have, and a Bifrost I made like 10 years ago.

I made 1 legendary rune to get the relic, and am now working on the other 6 runes.

Was thinking about now working on other weapons and maybe some sigils, but am hesitant with everything else going on.

I enjoyed all the content I used to get there, and enjoyed the new content.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2024 at 4:27 AM, WillPaharu.4837 said:

This comes as no surprise, but the new maps for the expansion are so pretty and cool. With great events on them to boot! Love the new mount abilities. 

The character design for our demon friend is so cool. She's so cool. 

Thank you! A job well done. ^_^ Look forward to the future. 

This reads like you have not reached Inner Nayos yet. We'll talk again once you did. 😉 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Inner Nayos is actually a fun map, I like the events and the design of it. 
OP, I am glad you are enjoying the expansion. Don’t let people like the poster above me ruin this for you. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1