Thoughts about GW3 [Merged]

9 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

Frankly, yes.
But the question is not only in this, but in the will to have nothing to fix. I honestly think it’s for most of the cases: voluntary (at least from the directors), and they just don’t care about the community as long as you take out the credit card. I think that’s the real philosophy of this game.

Prove it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Reeskel.5698 said:

Why should I? I am a paying customer. Are you telling me that I should just pay, shut up, and be excited for another product? Why can't I express my dissatisfaction with them?

No, since you said it was mismanaged I ask you if you could do a better job.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Nate Anabe.6091 said:

Prove it.

To prove to you what ? That I’m capable of having better ideas and intentions than these people ? That even fan fiction is much better written than what we have recently served over several years ? I don’t need it, the proof is already done, otherwise no one would complain, have not been where we are today and I would not have left Guild Wars 2.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

That’s all right.
But by need of information like any business, it is better than the adapted silence of a few official years ago. You should remember the release of End of Dragons, and massive and abusive censorship because the comments were I quote : "too negative" !  All they did was shoot themselves in the foot all along...

I didn't say I agreed with the premise.  I try to keep my expectations reasonable.  I don't think there's much to be gained asking questions about GW2's future beyond the release of a sequel that won't be released for years still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Reeskel.5698 said:

Why should I? I am a paying customer. Are you telling me that I should just pay, shut up, and be excited for another product? Why can't I express my dissatisfaction with them?

Thats exactly what I'm telling you right now. No one cares. Not them and not us. Vote with your wallet or your voice means nothing, I say this as someone who works for a tech company. You can squirm and struggle, whine and complain. At the end of the day if you're giving them any money at all everything will stay the same, and your disatisfaction has only one person you can blame. Which would be yourself.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

To prove to you what ? That I’m capable of having better ideas and intentions than these people ? That even fan fiction is much better written than what we have recently served over several years ? I don’t need it, the proof is already done, otherwise no one would complain, have not been where we are today and I would not have left Guild Wars 2.

So you actually have nothing to say since you already quit the game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Reeskel.5698 said:

Because you paid for GW2. You got the content you paid for.
What you're ACTUALLY upset about is the TIME you invested. However, the companies new product failing or succeeding has no bearing on how much time you invested in the old product.
Company has to keep producing to move forwards, and the best way to do that is with a new product in a new engine that more (and better) designers and programmers are trained in.

The fact that you're leaning on the "sunk cost fallacy" to determine whether something is good or not, is kinda bad.
Enjoy the time in GW2 you had, and hope for the best for the future. Because right now, it's looking really good! GW3 moving to a new standardized engine is a GOOD THING.

Seamless map transition, faster frames, better graphics, bigger world, better story, less clutter, fewer cheaters (better cheat detection), and honestly just overall a better game.
It's time to move forwards gamers. Move forwards or you may as well just retire and go to an old person home now can cut your losses. lol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I didn't say I agreed with the premise.  I try to keep my expectations reasonable.  I don't think there's much to be gained asking questions about GW2's future beyond the release of a sequel that won't be released for years still.

Oh ok, Unfortunately, I think we’re all just disappointed with the direction, and it’s just inevitable.
There is nothing more to say on the subject, we already know what it is, personally I think it is time to invest in games that really deserve it, engage and invest in what pleases only a minority today is a waste of time and money. ArenaNet does not deserve any reward today... they wanted to play, they lost. Within ten or twenty years this license will be forgotten by the greatest number as soon as it falls (what about MMOs of several years today...).

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Super well said, and very wise. 
That's a good take.

Being optimistic is always a good option, especially when there's a new development that's hit the news, but no deep resources to pull info from other than what's on the "front page of the newspaper" so to speak.

9 minutes ago, Nate Anabe.6091 said:

So you actually have nothing to say since you already quit the game?

What does that have to do with anything ? I left the game definitively since the release of the first part of SOTO, I never touched this extension (nor bought) because it was crap, and a big mess (just for its price). So yes, I played this game since 2014, and so I have the right as everyone to say what it is, whether others like it or not. So I say loud and clear, and I say again, yes, I would have done better. Just for principle.

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

What does that have to do with anything ? I left the game definitively since the release of the first part of SOTO, I never touched this extension (nor bought) because it was crap, and a big mess (just for its price). So yes, I played this game since 2014, and so I have the right as everyone to say what it is, whether others like it or not. So I say loud and clear, and I say again, yes, I would have done better. Just for principle.

play it. nayos is cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

I never touched this extension (nor bought) because it was crap, and a big mess

I never ate this dish because it's crap. How do I know? I just do, don't question me! 😠

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

I've played since 2005. So I have more of a right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

Oh ok, Unfortunately, I think we’re all just disappointed with the direction, and it’s just inevitable.
There is nothing more to say on the subject, we already know what it is, personally I think it is time to invest in games that really deserve it, engage and invest in what pleases only a minority today is a waste of time and money. ArenaNet does not deserve any reward today... they wanted to play, they lost. Within ten or twenty years this license will be forgotten by the greatest number as soon as it falls (what about MMOs of several years today...).

Maybe you are and you're welcome to your opinion.  I'm excited at the prospect of GW3 and it isn't changing anything for me right now in GW2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Like I said in another thread, I do not have much confidence in a new game made by the same people who are making the current lackluster content.

The only reason i think the game has lasted so long is because of the solid foundation created by the kick kitten devs from 11 years ago building off kick kitten lore from story tellers from 20 years ago. 

The current content with the cringy post 2020 story telling does not impress me.

They're never going to say it out loud but the reason the content is lackluster is because they took their best, most experienced people and put them on GW3. These people might also be somewhat involved in SOTO but have been told their main focus is on GW3.

I'm not in game development but I've been involved in major projects and we never staffed properly so I was involved in maintaining the old system while creating the new one.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

I don't like the idea of GW3 but I try to be positive and think about possible ways of making it successful.

Let's say GW2 isn't profitable enough anymore, barely meets the targets, and GW3 is a new MMORPG.

I think the only way to make GW3 significantly more profitable than GW2 now is to completely change the monetization.
It should have a monthly sub fee, about $15-20 / month, besides much more microtransactions than what we have now in Gem Store.
No possibility of converting gold to gems (or make the monthly sub fee even more expensive).
Also, probably a battle-pass like system with another layer of microtransactions.
They can't change GW2 monetization model anymore without losing the players, they need GW3 for that.

Selling the new game once to a few million players won't make a difference on the long run, they need continuous income on a monthly basis.

They can definitely cater to the existing playerbase by making their skyscales and outfits, weapon skins carry over. It's 100% possible, just a huge amount of busywork in 3D modeling software. Super easy to import external models into Unreal Engine. Animations don't even need programming knowledge.

The another way of doing GW3 is that it wouldn't be an MMO, just a simplified lobby game like Overwatch.

I seriously can't think of any other reason for why would they create a successor to GW2. But I might be wrong, it's an assumption.

• Confused 3

As long as GW2 can be kept 'alive' to the extent of the original GW, zero complaints from me. I play the vast majority of GW2 solo anyways, although I have to admit I'll miss giant meta events from time to time. As for whether or not I'd dive into GW3, at this point it would have to be pretty impressive to get my money.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

As long as GW2 can be kept 'alive' to the extent of the original GW, zero complaints from me. I play the vast majority of GW2 solo anyways, although I have to admit I'll miss giant meta events from time to time. As for whether or not I'd dive into GW3, at this point it would have to be pretty impressive to get my money.

They could downscale the difficulty of events and instances when less than optimal amount of players present.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

39 minutes ago, Azinoth.1902 said:

I don't like the idea of GW3 but I try to be positive and think about possible ways of making it successful.

Let's say GW2 isn't profitable enough anymore, barely meets the targets, and GW3 is a new MMORPG.

I think the only way to make GW3 significantly more profitable than GW2 now is to completely change the monetization.
It should have a monthly sub fee, about $15-20 / month, besides much more microtransactions than what we have now in Gem Store.
No possibility of converting gold to gems (or make the monthly sub fee even more expensive).
Also, probably a battle-pass like system with another layer of microtransactions.
They can't change GW2 monetization model anymore without losing the players, they need GW3 for that.

Selling the new game once to a few million players won't make a difference on the long run, they need continuous income on a monthly basis.

They can definitely cater to the existing playerbase by making their skyscales and outfits, weapon skins carry over. It's 100% possible, just a huge amount of busywork in 3D modeling software. Super easy to import external models into Unreal Engine. Animations don't even need programming knowledge.

The another way of doing GW3 is that it wouldn't be an MMO, just a simplified lobby game like Overwatch.

I seriously can't think of any other reason for why would they create a successor to GW2. But I might be wrong, it's an assumption.

That sounds horrible. No thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I'm kind of bored with GW2; GW3 might be a welcome change. Or not. Honestly, I'd love to see it with the quality and complexity of HoT, but that's a kitten-load of work.

4 minutes ago, rylien.3824 said:

I actually have my Forum window open (for now), so I am willing to answer when I have the opportunity for now, which will certainly not last. I have no desire to respond to your insidious verbiage, which only uses terms out of context and recycled them at leisure according to your own sauce. I answered once, I would not recommend, and as for the subject I created, I did, if you are not interested just go your way and do not bother the world or pollute the topic because you are frustrated. (I have already substantiated the why of the comment on the subject in question, no need to quote randomly my writings if you cannot understand them, I add just for the sake of detail: that I am not native English, and uses google translater to communicate, in principle I do not think that "Farm" is a word strange to the comprehension of all. And I always affirm the abusive, repetitive, uninteresting and lengthened content that they proposed in SOTO). There you go. Now I will ignore you, and you block in order to renew the stale air you have created. Good luck !) 

For what it is worth, Google is doing an absolutely awful job of translating your posts into English. The word choices and sentence structure render many of your intended statements and thought into, at best, not much more than gibberish and, at worst, into what I assume to be almost the opposite of your intent. This, of course, is no fault of your own and I applaud your attempts, but you should be aware of just how badly google is mangling your intended message(s). 

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2024 at 6:27 AM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

According to follow up statement after investor meetings "Guild Wars 3 project has not yet cleared review stage, and the start of development is not yet finalized".

Means someone is still writing the description.

• Like 2