let me "withdraw" a copy of my legendary from the armory

I like my weapons in my inventory, I hate that it has to be recustomized every time i unequip it. it reduces how often i switch weapons.

Just let me withdraw a copy of it into my inventory to mess with like a normal weapon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, yeah, having a gear loadout system but no gear templates can be an issue.

You can have templates and still be bothered by swapping out weapons. Having an extra template just for a single different weapon choice is quite a waste when most use them for entirely different builds with full sets of gear of another stat combo.

Let's say you play ele with staff in one weapon set, dagger + warhorn in the other. Sometimes you may want to swap out just the warhorn for focus cause it offers situational utility for a specific encounter. If you have legendaries, you have to select the legendary, right-click customize, select the correct stat combo, then slot in the sigil. Same if you swap back again if the other weapon is also a leggy. If it's ascended or below weapons, you can just have the extra weapon in inventory and switch them out with one double-click on the weapon.

The amount of hoops you have to go through just to swap out an equipped weapon with a legendary is really counter to the ultimate QoL upgrade that legendaries are supposed to be. So personally I fully support the suggestion that it should be possible to have 'physical' copies of your legendary that you can hold in inventory like a normal weapon (of course account bound and unsalvageable so it can't be abused in any way), in the same way legendaries existed before the armory update.

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

to at least swap back quickly, i would like templates to not update permanently when you swap an item.
so if you have a template and swap out a weapon, but don't save the 'new' template in the slot, you could just reapply the template to swap it back.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm also not happy that I have to setup a leg. weapon anew when switching to something else.

Sometimes I don't even know anymore what sigills I used there.

The vault could offer ready setup weapons and not only the empty thing.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

You can have templates and still be bothered by swapping out weapons. Having an extra template just for a single different weapon choice is quite a waste when most use them for entirely different builds with full sets of gear of another stat combo.

I think you misunderstood my point. There are no geart emplates in this game. There are only gear loadouts. With templates and legendary armory all you'd have needed to switch weapons would have been to click on a gear link code in chat box (or in gear template). But Anet preferred monetization potential of gear loadouts to this, so we legendary users have to suffer for this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I'm also not happy that I have to setup a leg. weapon anew when switching to something else.

Sometimes I don't even know anymore what sigills I used there.

The vault could offer ready setup weapons and not only the empty thing.

this is a good idea, it should remember my most recent used weapon on that character, stats and all

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Vilin.8056 said:

If you wish for equipments with static slots in the inventory for quickswap, can't you just get ascended weapons for that purpose?

that's quite a workaround for someone who has earned a superior weapon to just keep the lesser one. really defeats the purpose

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think getting the game to remember the most recent setup version of each weapon type for each character (or ideally each character's equipment template) would be a very good QoL improvement. Even if it only remembered within the same gaming session it would still be nice. That way when you swap back to your legendary staff it would automatically apply the same stats, sigils and infusions (assuming they were available still) as when that character last had a legendary staff equiped.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Confused 1

Here's a thought for a convenient solution (though not surre how much effort it would be for anet to implement that):

When you have a legendary equipped and you right-click it, they could add an option to 'Save Legendary Template to Armory' - which saves a copy of that legendary with its selected stats, sigil/runes and skin into the armory. So when you click on that gear slot to equip something or swap it out, the left side as usual shows you all options of gear in your inventory, armory or from other gear templates (so there's already some script framework there to show a 'copy' of an item - but from ones equipped in other gear templates) and any pre-saved legendary templates that you saved with the above option.

For example, you have a leggy greatsword equipped with zerker stats, a sigil of air + sigil of force and two +9 agony infusions and the lorekeeper skin. You could right-click the equipped greatsword and select 'Save Legendary Template to Armory'. Then you unequip it for some reason, maybe to use another weapon. Now when you click the weapon slot to equip your leggy greatsword again, it shows both your blank legendary in the options for what to equip, as well as the previously saved template of the leggy with zerker stats, air + force sigils and two +9 infusions and the lorekeeper skin (which also shows on the icon, but with the purple legendary border to recognize it). + a small marker on the gear icon that indicates it's a template copy, similar to when it shows you gear available from other gear templates.

If you made some leggy template that you don't use anymore, right-clicking it when it shows up as an option in armory or when its equipped would also have the option 'Delete Legendary Template'.

I know I explained it a bit longwinded, just wanted to make sure its understandable what I mean. In practice this would be very simple to use, and wouldn't require to have legendary copies in the inventory either. Though not sure if it would be okay for the game to save the sigils/runes/infusions into those leggy copy templates, as it would kinda allow you to store them without requiring any space or gear slot.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Legendaries no longer being items completely stopped me from being even slightly interested in Legendaries.

Because of this, I don't even use the one I have anymore.

Legendary Armory along with build/equipment templates is a big QoL though, for people who have a substantial or even full legendary gear and an adequate amount of templates it means they can switch to anything on the fly.

Plus you can have a template (or more) that the game will change automatically upon entering WvW, I have a copy template of the same build, with one having full mighty agony infusions and the other having full WvW attribute infusions just for that.

And it makes it so you can link all your legendaries easily anytime in chat, even if you got copies of each other, like if you have 2 conflux for example, you can link the [2 Conflux] from the armory.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Though not sure if it would be okay for the game to save the sigils/runes/infusions into those leggy copy templates, as it would kinda allow you to store them without requiring any space or gear slot.

i think it should be possible for a template to try to build that weapon as saved and leave upgrades empty that you do not have available. a bit similar to when you apply a build template for an elite spec that you didnt unlock on that character yet, its still all selected but greyed out and not in effect.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Let's say you play ele with staff in one weapon set, dagger + warhorn in the other. Sometimes you may want to swap out just the warhorn for focus cause it offers situational utility for a specific encounter. If you have legendaries, you have to select the legendary, right-click customize, select the correct stat combo, then slot in the sigil. Same if you swap back again if the other weapon is also a leggy. If it's ascended or below weapons, you can just have the extra weapon in inventory and switch them out with one double-click on the weapon.

The amount of hoops you have to go through just to swap out an equipped weapon with a legendary is really counter to the ultimate QoL upgrade that legendaries are supposed to be. So personally I fully support the suggestion that it should be possible to have 'physical' copies of your legendary that you can hold in inventory like a normal weapon (of course account bound and unsalvageable so it can't be abused in any way), in the same way legendaries existed before the armory update.

Everyone should look up on youtube how arcdps templates worked. On top of having infinite amount of free templates for you to make, it worked with legendary gear. Having an extra template for a single boss/fractal is what most dedicated template users want. 

Now if you wanted to swap a single weapon with arcdps templates system without using an extra template for that, you could do that. And biggest feature of actual, working template system is to LOAD that previous template without having to set everything every single (*insert kitten here*) time you swap a piece of gear. You simply load it and it's back to it's saved state of your choice. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

i think it should be possible for a template to try to build that weapon as saved and leave upgrades empty that you do not have available. a bit similar to when you apply a build template for an elite spec that you didnt unlock on that character yet, its still all selected but greyed out and not in effect.

GW1 templates worked exactly this way - they filled out the parts you had leaving those you didn't have empty.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

And biggest feature of actual, working template system is to LOAD that previous template without having to set everything every single (*insert kitten here*) time you swap a piece of gear. You simply load it and it's back to it's saved state of your choice. 

That's exactly why i mentioned before that GW2 does not have gear templates, but only gear loadouts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jason.1083 said:

Legendary Armory along with build/equipment templates is a big QoL though, for people who have a substantial or even full legendary gear and an adequate amount of templates it means they can switch to anything on the fly.

It also means legendaries turned into busywork that needs to be re-configured every time a legendary gets taken out of a loadout.

A portion of the playerbase likes this system, while other players are not in favour of it.

This could have been very well mitigated in quite a few ways, like making the system optional or at least letting us withdraw copies of our legendaries as items. Having the option to save configured legendaries as templates would have been another way for more people to like this feature.

But none these three happened. Instead, this half-baked system has been forcing onto everyone.

1 hour ago, jason.1083 said:

Plus you can have a template (or more) that the game will change automatically upon entering WvW, I have a copy template of the same build, with one having full mighty agony infusions and the other having full WvW attribute infusions just for that.

That may be doable for the people who have loadouts to spare. But there are people who have all their loadouts in use for different builds.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1