Thank you for the invisible back item

Waited until April 2nd to post so nobody thinks this is an April Fools joke. I am serious.

I make individual looks for all my different builds and being able to 'turn off' my back item for one equipment template and keep it 'on' for another makes me genuinely so happy.

So thank you!

PS: Please give us shoulders next! ❤️

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I saw someone (possibly you) mention this in another thread and I thought it was a good idea.

A lot of my characters have a 'fun' build for the open-world and story and a 'sensible' one for groups and when it uses different equipment I try to make the sensible one look sensible too. Not that I think groups require that, but I want it to look different so I can tell them apart at a glance and it's a logical way to do that. I try to pick small/plain back items, but this gives me a way to hide them completely without having to change the check box each time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I do wish that there was something to see with the chatoyant lense equipped.  It could have been a cat clinging to our back, or a cape with a cat rampant silhouette.

This is still funny, and useful.

For all I know the cape may be visible inside the Super Adventure Box.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

Omg, I asked for invisible back pack, shoulders and gloves a few weeks back in the QoL thread, as a work around for being unable to check the show/hide boxes per equipment template. I'm so excited there's an invisible back item now!

Haha...I asked for the toggles to not be global a while back but since this works exactly the same, I don't care either way.

Here's to hoping we'll get the other slots eventually.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

How many people are still looking for the invisible cat.....

Haha that was me. Why would an invisible back be a cat? There must be a trick but I cant see it! Maybe the cat is not on the back, so there is an invisible back but WHERE IS THE CAT?!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Did...the default backstraps not already count as an invisible backpack skin? Or, are they only invisible on charr or something?

The straps are not in the wardrobe. So if you equip an actual backpack with stats and a skin, you cannot reskin it to backstraps. I prefer using a backpack with stats and infusion slots rather than a statless back item 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Flowersunshine.7385 said:

The straps are not in the wardrobe. So if you equip an actual backpack with stats and a skin, you cannot reskin it to backstraps. I prefer using a backpack with stats and infusion slots rather than a statless back item 😛

Whaaaaaat? That's really weird. ANET, why you do this?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/2/2024 at 10:33 AM, Farohna.6247 said:

How many people are still looking for the invisible cat.....

Well if you could find it, then it wouldn’t be invisible now would it. 

• Haha 3

On 4/2/2024 at 11:51 AM, Firefly.5982 said:

Waited until April 2nd to post so nobody thinks this is an April Fools joke. I am serious.

I make individual looks for all my different builds and being able to 'turn off' my back item for one equipment template and keep it 'on' for another makes me genuinely so happy.

So thank you!

PS: Please give us shoulders next! ❤️

Headpieces too.

On 4/2/2024 at 4:33 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

How many people are still looking for the invisible cat

It has such a sparkling and fluffy fur :3

• Haha 3