Rework mesmer dagger ambush already, it's freaking kitten.

2 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I've never understood this one, I get that the daze is the issue here, but at first glance, why is it loaded with conditions on a weapon that otherwise has no condition based skills?

Because it’s designed as an elite spec weapon. They are all made to be better in every regard over core which which had a heavy condition or power split.  This shouldn’t come as a surprise. It’s the reason balance is complete clusterkitten.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Because it’s designed as an elite spec weapon. They are all made to be better in every regard over core which which had a heavy condition or power split.  This shouldn’t come as a surprise. It’s the reason balance is complete clusterkitten.

Last time I checked Reapers didn't like their swords (they still got harbringer), warriror's staff sucks and didn't fix anything and revenant's scepter is just pure kittening trash.

And then we got thief axe, mace ranger and mesmer permadaze stuff as if mesmers didn't have enough spammable and instant CC already. So definitely not all of them.

• Confused 5

3 hours ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

Last time I checked Reapers didn't like their swords (they still got harbringer), warriror's staff sucks and didn't fix anything and revenant's scepter is just pure kittening trash.

And then we got thief axe, mace ranger and mesmer permadaze stuff as if mesmers didn't have enough spammable and instant CC already. So definitely not all of them.

But Mesmer got Rifle in the update, Dagger went with Virtuoso and the ambush subsequently added with weaponmaster training. I'm not sure what the point is here?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

But Mesmer got Rifle in the update, Dagger went with Virtuoso and the ambush subsequently added with weaponmaster training. I'm not sure what the point is here?

The issue is, it's been around EoD and nothing has been done about it, so they are probably okay with what it is. Since why "It's a mesmer".
Kinda forgot it was EoD and not SoTO, since it's such half-arsed expansion. My bad

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

Hu, i'm seeing way more sword necros and staff warriors than any other of the new weapons (and also not that many dagger mesmers) ...

17 hours ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

The issue is, it's been around EoD and nothing has been done about it, so they are probably okay with what it is. Since why "It's a mesmer".
Kinda forgot it was EoD and not SoTO, since it's such half-arsed expansion. My bad

Then my original confusion still stands, why did they later add a condition heavy ambush to a well established power weapon?

Mesmer is one of my least played classes so I would never profess to know the ins and outs of meta Mesmer gameplay, but I am assuming that it is taken on Power Mirage for the daze alone? Unless it also has strong power scaling, it would seem pointless to add the bleeding and torment, vulnerability or something would be more on theme? Or do people take dagger on condi Mirage as well, despite it having no conditions on the normal skills?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Then my original confusion still stands, why did they later add a condition heavy ambush to a well established power weapon?

Mesmer is one of my least played classes so I would never profess to know the ins and outs of meta Mesmer gameplay, but I am assuming that it is taken on Power Mirage for the daze alone? Unless it also has strong power scaling, it would seem pointless to add the bleeding and torment, vulnerability or something would be more on theme? Or do people take dagger on condi Mirage as well, despite it having no conditions on the normal skills?

for pve i dont think power mirage is a thing yet aside from clearing trash in openworld, here GS will be much better than dagger/sword, unless you are in PoF maps where enemies get protection when hit from range, then dagger ambush removes that protection right away with its daze and sword is inferior for being melee.

in wvw however the power scaling of the ambush skills are untouched from the latest adjustments. so its dagger 1.49 > gs 1.35 (before mirage mantle) > sword 1.0.
personally i still prefer 1h sword over dagger for power mirage, because of the clone generation for shatter, defensive/utility skills 2/3, boonrip, mobility.  + same daze spamm

now for condi in PvE its good for solo things again to break defiance bars, you also need a might source so its either staff or dagger with midnight king relic. dagger has better ramp up time and it has vulnerability, which staff would not have enough for solo play. in group play axe/staff will still be ahead.

in wvw for condi (or more like cele) dagger is pretty good as it can utilize all the offensive stats that overbloated  set is handing out. however it lacks defense and thus should be paired with a weapon that can help in that regard staff (but then you are all projectile) or sword for more daze spamm + boonrip.  
any mirage i ran into thus far that was using dagger in WvW, i would guess were running cele as their power damage was too low and toughness/health too high for a power build.

Edited by bq pd.2148

On 4/10/2024 at 1:11 AM, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

I've never understood this one, I get that the daze is the issue here, but at first glance, why is it loaded with conditions on a weapon that otherwise has no condition based skills?

the traits can grant bleeding and the ambush is one mirage which has been a condi class for a bit

• Confused 1

On 4/10/2024 at 1:11 PM, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

Warrior straff sucks? That's news to me. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1