Which Weapon next for Engineer?

EdwinLi.1284

Which weapon you want next for Engineer?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. So which weapon you want to see next?

• Axe
    • Dagger
    • Scepter
    • Focus
    • Torch
    • Warhorn
    • Greatsword
    • Staff
    • Longbow

Staff!

maybe a nanomancer using nanobots to cast "spells"?

or golemancer, with skills being either golem summoning skills or maybe skills to enhance/heal active golems, with skill 5 allowing you to pilot a golem and get all new skills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want daggers with a screwdriver achievement skin.  Make the main hand condi melee and offhand power.  Normal melee auto that inflicts bleeding, skill2 is unhinged rapid stabbing, skill3 electrifies the attack causing a stun/daze and heating the blade to cause it to inflict burning on attacks for the next 3s.  Offhand a cc skill and big damage skill. Something like that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I've been pushing for a lightning projector staff like Inquest golemancers for a while, so, well. That.

3 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Dont give them ideas for even more projectiles on engi, please!

Personally I hope Staff ends up like the Staff combat in Technomancer for Engineer. A combination of both Lightning melee and range attacks 

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1

Axe and torch ngl. I want a blowtorch hello!! Something like granting access to stealth, vigor, condi cleanse, and a mobile burning field. Axes with cleave that cause a lot of soft CC like slow, weakness, crippled, or something spicy like boon removal.

Edited by mirage.8046

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

So with Spear becoming a land weapon, anyone else think Harpoon Gun maybe our new weapon next expansion as our new land weapon?

What better way to fix rifle than make Harpoon Gun the new and improved rifle. 😛

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

So with Spear becoming a land weapon, anyone else think Harpoon Gun maybe our new weapon next expansion as our new land weapon?

What better way to fix rifle than make Harpoon Gun the new and improved rifle. 😛

Heh.

could see them slipping in harpoon gun, and then making more conventional crossbow skins as "harpoon guns". Mind you, engineer has plenty of other options, so water weapons coming onto land won't necessarily mean engineer will get one right away.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Heh.

could see them slipping in harpoon gun, and then making more conventional crossbow skins as "harpoon guns". Mind you, engineer has plenty of other options, so water weapons coming onto land won't necessarily mean engineer will get one right away.

While I am prepared that only spear will become avaliable for land use (which means only profession that use it will get a "new weapon" if they only plan to focus on aquatic weapon introduction to land), I doubt they will leave the other aquatic weapons out since the revamp they will obviously need to do with aquatic weapon gear will need to account for the other weapons not being able to be used on land. Unless they plan to give all Professions access to the Spear weapon.

We may see them tease the Harpoon Gun and Tridant later since for now this teaser is for the Spear.

However, the question will still remain if the Harpoon Gun will be condition based or power based since currently it feels to be a mix of both in aquatic combat.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

16 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

While I am prepared that only spear will become avaliable for land use (which means only profession that use it will get a "new weapon" if they only plan to focus on aquatic weapon introduction to land), I doubt they will leave the other aquatic weapons out since the revamp they will obviously need to do with aquatic weapon gear will need to account for the other weapons not being able to be used on land. Unless they plan to give all Professions access to the Spear weapon.

We may see them tease the Harpoon Gun and Tridant later since for now this teaser is for the Spear.

However, the question will still remain if the Harpoon Gun will be condition based or power based since currently it feels to be a mix of both in aquatic combat.

I think trident is probably fairly likely, simply because it means that magic-using professions can have another weapon that's a full spellcasting implement rather than repurposing a melee weapon as a spellcasting implement.

Harpoon gun I've seen a few people argue that it won't happen because it would be seen as silly on land. I think that's fairly easily resolved, though: just create a few full-on crossbow skins that are reasonably cheap and let people just treat it as a crossbow (with skills broadly themed around "firing quarrel-like projectiles from a weapon that's held similarly to a rifle"). And if they do use a harpoon gun skin on land... there are sillier skins in the game.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 2:34 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

I think trident is probably fairly likely, simply because it means that magic-using professions can have another weapon that's a full spellcasting implement rather than repurposing a melee weapon as a spellcasting implement.

Harpoon gun I've seen a few people argue that it won't happen because it would be seen as silly on land. I think that's fairly easily resolved, though: just create a few full-on crossbow skins that are reasonably cheap and let people just treat it as a crossbow (with skills broadly themed around "firing quarrel-like projectiles from a weapon that's held similarly to a rifle"). And if they do use a harpoon gun skin on land... there are sillier skins in the game.

I feel they may include all aquatic weapons as I said before.

Having spear and Trident being the only weapons become land weapons mean that they will have to make one of them a "new weapon" for the profession that do not use these two weapons if they do not plan to add any other weapons this expansion for Weapon Mastery. 

If they do not then that will mean they are excluding Engineer from getting any new weapons for this expansion just because their only aquatic weapon is Harpoon Gun if the only weapons they plan to introduce this expansion is aquatic weapons as land weapons.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284

11 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

I feel they may include all aquatic weapons as I said before.

Having spear and Trident being the only weapons become land weapons mean that they will have to make one of them a "new weapon" for the profession that do not use these two weapons if they do not plan to add any other weapons this expansion for Weapon Mastery. 

If they do not then that will mean they are excluding Engineer from getting any new weapons for this expansion just because their only aquatic weapon is Harpoon Gun if the only weapons they plan to introduce this expansion is aquatic weapons as land weapons.

I don't think that's necessarily a guarantee. Engineer in particular has a lot of terrestrial weapons still available - they might well decide to introduce land spears, possibly tridents in some cases, for some professions while others get a terrestrial weapon. We'll possibly find out in the upcoming week, though.

I'd like to see a long range weapon that actually does long range damage.  Rifle 2 and 5 are its best damage but they pretty much melee range.  offhand pistol's blowtorch is also pretty much melee range.  So a long range hybrid damage weapon would be great!

• Like 1

One way I could see spear on engi would be skills like throwing it to create explosions, burning, or coming with AOEs. Granted, ranged playstyle isn't everyone's style. It better not be a support weapon either.😅