Can you please do something about Winds of Disenchantment?

Kitty.4806

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

If the elite utilities were ever unlocked for all specs I would staple it onto my bar and never remove it.

If they actually do that in the future, I'd like them to remove the self-stun though, at least in PvE.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

There is usually so much stability flying around though that the self-stun rarely happens.

At which point... Why even have it?

I don't usually have a lot of stability in PvE, so getting stunned nearly every time I use it would annoy me.

21 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Brave Stride in PvE will work every time.

Having to spend a trait to make up for an unnecessary drawback that has no reason to exist in the first place feels bad.

Taking Brave Stride also means, people who like the damage boost from Peak Performance can't have it.

In my opinion, taking Peak Performance and Hounds of Balthazar on Spellbreaker feels better than taking Brave Stride and Headbutt would.

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Having to spend a trait to make up for an unnecessary drawback that has no reason to exist in the first place feels bad.

Taking Brave Stride also means, people who like the damage boost from Peak Performance can't have it.

In my opinion, taking Peak Performance and Hounds of Balthazar on Spellbreaker feels better than taking Brave Stride and Headbutt would.

Hounds are fun. Personally, the 5% boost from PP is /meh versus having a steady flow of stability. But to each their own. Headbutt certainly shouldn't have that awkward drawback anymore.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hounds are fun. Personally, the 5% boost from PP is /meh versus having a steady flow of stability. But to each their own. Headbutt certainly shouldn't have that awkward drawback anymore.

I usually don't need stability in general PvE. I have my dodges, which usually are enough. And if I get hit by a CC or two, I usually have two stun breaks on my bar to deal with that. Thus, I prefer the 5% bonus damage and the additional 10% from starting fights with Bull's Charge.

But I think we should return to the topic that is Winds of meh. I advocate for restoring it to its release version. Maybe it could even remove more boons (perhaps 5?) when first placing it.

Edited by Fueki.4753

10 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I usually don't need stability in general PvE. I have my dodges, which usually are enough. And if I get hit by a CC somewhere, I usually have two stun breaks on my bar to deal with that. Thus, I prefer the 5% bonus damage and the additional 10% from starting fights with Bull's Charge.

But I think we should return to the topic that is Winds of meh. I advocate for restoring it to its release version. May it could even remove more boons (maybe 5?) when first placing it.

I think at minimum they need to undo the WvW nerfs to WoD.

I also think that the disenchantment effect needs to be added onto a few more sources, like Break Enchantments and maybe one of the traits with an ICD attached to it.

29 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think at minimum they need to undo the WvW nerfs to WoD.

I also think that the disenchantment effect needs to be added onto a few more sources, like Break Enchantments and maybe one of the traits with an ICD attached to it.

I think they should make dispelling force remove boons regardless if a enemy has stability instead of just removing 1 stack off stacked stability ( example being a skill that gives 5 stacks of stability only removes one stack regardless if you use dispelling force and no other boon) when a cc hits with that passive ability. If your foe has stability the cc boon removal does not activate aside from shaving off 1 stack of stability like a regular cc skill. At least in wvw.

10 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

I think they should make dispelling force remove boons regardless if a enemy has stability instead of just removing 1 stack off stacked stability ( example being a skill that gives 5 stacks of stability only removes one stack regardless if you use dispelling force and no other boon) when a cc hits with that passive ability. If your foe has stability the cc boon removal does not activate aside from shaving off 1 stack of stability like a regular cc skill. At least in wvw.

Nah, that is the case in all modes. Stability stops Dispelling Force from activating, ditto Body Blow.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2024 at 7:38 PM, Kitty.4806 said:

After it got gutted forever ago it's 100% useless in all gamemodes.

Yeah it feels awful in PvP. Maybe decreasing the cd to 70 seconds and increasing the damage inside of it by a decent amount, so the opponents feel the pressure, and also making it follow the user instead of being stationary.

While we’re on the topic most of spb’s slot skills suck.

-Featherfoot Grace needs resolution and a cd reduction to 25 (to compete with shake it off),

-Natural Healing needs a cd reduction to 20 seconds and cast time of one second,

-Sight Beyond Sight needs buffs or a rework,

-Imminent Threat should get a radius increase and protection, and

-Break Enchantments needs a buff at least in PvP (could just be a damage buff). 

Just as a bonus:

-Bladestorm needs a damage increase and/or better range (like 350 as opposed to 300), 

-Hot take but Full Counter daze is quite annoying even as an spb main. Reducing that duration to 1 second would feel more fun and fair to me.

-Slow Counter should apply another condi like 1-2 stacks of torment.

-Sun and Moon should be buffed from 7% crit damage to healing to 9-10% and damage to boonless foes from 10% to 15% in pvp/wvw. This is because boons are given out like candy in these modes and actually having an opening is quite rare even with boon removal. If Winds got more love though this trait could see more play. 

-Revenge Counter should get another small pass also. Maybe something like “cleanse one of the conditions you copy to your opponent”.

Edited by Yerlock.4678

It's time to rework WoD into something like Magebane which does PbAoE unblockable around you and applies a different version of Magebane Tether that's shorter and removes boons every second they're tethered instead of gaining might. 

• Confused 1

Spellbreaker's utilities desperately need buffs or reworks.

Featherfoot Grace should make you temporarily immune to all soft CC applications in addition to resistance and superspeed.
Break Enchantments should rip 4-5 boons again in WvW. There is so much boon application in WvW that boonrips can't even compete anymore with zergs.
Imminent Threat is a troll skill because taunt does not even trigger the boon removal, but it does trigger attacker's insight. Similarly, "Fear me!" does not trigger boon removal either but triggers attacker's insight. Fixing these skills to strip boons would go a long way to justify taking them in the first place. Idk how to fix Imminent Threat other than giving it possible boon removal.
Winds of Disenchantment should be reverted to boons lost per second when foes are inside the winds. Also, this skill still reveals you while you're channeling it. It's a longtime bug. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would be kind of cool if SB utilities became upkeep skills. The resource? Entities losing boons around you adds to a 'latent magic' bar. So allies, yourself or foes losing boons fills it.

The utilities themselves act the same as now, clicking them gives you the effects they currently provide, but on top, they can provide an additional persisting added effect depending on if you keep them active or you run out of latent magic in the bar. And it kind of sounds more "meditate"y than what meditations currently are.

Stuff like Natural Healing could remove your boons and condis from the user then heal you and that would fuel the latent magic bar insuring you can use it's upkeep effect that will continue to remove conditions from you and heal nearby allies for each condi you remove from yourself.

Break Enchantment could apply the PBAoE damage/boon rip but the upkeep skill could charge your next Full Counter to use both adrenaline and all of your latent magic to super charge its effects. 

Winds of Disenchantment would stop you from gaining latent magic for its duration and constantly drain your latent magic while standing inside it. While not standing inside it, it has a muted effect. It still has a max duration for its upkeep but the upkeep part would basically be getting the max duration but muted effect by standing away from it but getting the strongest effect but shortest duration while standing in it.  How would you balance it that way? Dunno...maybe divide the effects so the muted version just does damage and removes 1 boon once you step inside but applies 100% boon duration debuff and the full powered version applies the boon rip per interval + missile deflection.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 6:05 AM, Leo G.4501 said:

Would be kind of cool if SB utilities became upkeep skills.

OR at the cost of adrenaline which makes more sense IMO, upkeep skills need to be tied to mana/resource for balance reasons tho, what ur saying is  SB would end with adrenaline and a energy bar, it would look SB  work  similar towards a gw1 warrior which had those 2 bars and the one u call latent magic would work like an energy bar tho.

I can imagine some skills on SB also use that e-bar to improve themselves tho, scaling some effects based on that e-bar working similar  but IMO would have to work and keep is within a KISS principle (keep it simple and s7up1d) to avoid ending being overengeneered and clunky, so at the end would be the same as we have now with a more punch based on the e-bar.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Agree, this skill used to be really important on the battlefield, but can now just be ignored. 

How it prevented new boons being applied to enemies was an interesting mechanic, so bringing that back just for a start would be good. Increasing the frequency of its pulse again would also help a lot.

It is just utterly worthless, in pve, and any wvw commander who sees someone use it on my server immediately tells them to just stop and switch to warbanner.

• Like 3

Winds of Disenchantment being dictated solely by GvG balance is the problem. The developers have completely butchered this skill - when I read the tooltip, it almost begs to be put out of its misery and deleted entirely.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 11:08 AM, Aeolus.3615 said:

OR at the cost of adrenaline which makes more sense IMO, upkeep skills need to be tied to mana/resource for balance reasons tho, what ur saying is  SB would end with adrenaline and a energy bar, it would look SB  work  similar towards a gw1 warrior which had those 2 bars and the one u call latent magic would work like an energy bar tho.

I can imagine some skills on SB also use that e-bar to improve themselves tho, scaling some effects based on that e-bar working similar  but IMO would have to work and keep is within a KISS principle (keep it simple and s7up1d) to avoid ending being overengeneered and clunky, so at the end would be the same as we have now with a more punch based on the e-bar.

Pretty much.

It was more just an idea. As is, some people complain about the adrenaline system being too straight forward which is kind of weird to mention since I feel only core war and SB even use adrenaline like normal.  But yeah, the idea would be SB having both adrenaline and latent magic energy bar with adrenaline acting as normal (still only using 1 bar at a time) and the energy bar being for the other attributes of the spec (doesn't decay out of combat). It would have to do something besides just being upkeep on those utilities or else it would just sit there full if you didn't take any meditations.

Personally speaking, I think SB as a spec should just have Magebane Tether by default, put it on the F3, make it a skill that applies the tether to your next burst/FC + a flip skill that will just throw it on a target as a projectile instead 900 range at the cost of latent magic + another flip skill if a target is tethered to pull them to you on command.  Then you can change around some of the traits to give different effects to the tether.

...but now we're talking about two avenues of messing around with SB and that's not very simple.

• Confused 1