[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

10 hours ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

You don't need to 'get gud' for those HPs. You just need to not get attacked for five seconds to channel and collect the point. It's not HoT where slaying them is required.

You get interrupted while doing it unless someone else already killed the keeper and you can skip pass its lackies.

There is no absolute way of sneaking past the keepers because they are right there on the spot.

Not everyone can access stealth with every character.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So I know for a fact, although and rightfully so there are players that use 3rd person for combat simplicity and look back(view radius), that many players(including myself) would really love a more dynamic first person setup. So far, when you enter mounts it converts you to 3rd person, and when you dismount it leaves you that way until you have to zoom in again with the mouse wheel. I think many can agree, that an FPS style MMO has been very wanted over the many years, this would at least give it that feel, such as Skyrim or Oblivion but with masses of people in one area. Certain classes may have more fun with this camera angle than others, but people should have the option to fully stay in First person mode. You've seen this style with Planetside 2, it's still going on after over a decade, you can use your first person view to utilize as a system where you can fight in a first person view, many people would find this option fun to be more utilized. Allow people to use their skills, twist and turn in FP mode for world exploration and PVP, and somehow either allow them to do so on the mount after dismantling without bringing it back to third person view, or allow the mount itself to be in first person view. This is a vision of hardcore players who had high hopes for the games like Starcraft: Ghost. As I said, it's not for everyone, but a focus on this constant FP feature would be amazing, it's been something many MMO players have wished for over the years, and nobody has taken it serious, add more FP features, and allow us to stay in such a vision upon leaving a mount, it's one extra step that is completely ignored in any MMO game. Whether it be for this game, or Guild Wars 3 🙂 this is absolutely something many many people want within an MMO, we have yet to experience this in anything else on a more dynamic level. Thank you. 

Edited by Anathemad.9847
*typos

• Anathemad.9847 changed the title to Suggestion: What if you enhanced the "FPS" camera?

Finding Sibiha collection, the step where we need to talk to Aaminah before the Risen Krait event.

If we rescue her during the rescue event first, there's a long 5 to 10 minutes before Aaminah appears again to be spoken to again to trigger the next step of the collection. (The rescue event in itself wastes much time and is rather unpleasant with how fast the Quaggan rescuers die.)

This wait is very unfun. Newbies who do not even know how to search the wiki might get frustrated and quit the game. It's not clear to them they need to wait for her to respawn, and at what points to talk to her.

Please address this confusing and frustrating part of the collection.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Please stop with the Infusion drop fixes everything mentality 💣💥
I have been playing this game for 7 years and I have never gotten an infusion. 
If you want to make people play an activity more, please give us more raw materials or gold. Pretending that you've fixed something behind a 0.0003% chance to get an infusion is ludicrous 💩

Edited by corwin.3495
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Guild Roster.

Can you change the colour of "Not Representing" members to a Red square?

Easier to spot that way.

Also, please give us the option in rank editor to tick which ranks can get guild boosters.

Meaning new players can't get them, and if I demote a non representative, they lose guild booster.

I've been working my butt off for this guild and don't want free loaders in it.

Thanks guys.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 2

Pretty much the title.

Since even Black Lion skins get a custom bow string these days I think it'd be proper to also make one for Azureflame. The hennep string looks really odd on this otherwise epic 400g bow. 
400g Azureflame. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Azureflame#/media/File:Azureflame.jpg

20g War God's Bow. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/War_God's_Longbow#/media/File:War_God's_Longbow.jpg

Thanks in advance to any of the Anet artists!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dib.4612 said:

Pretty much the title.

Since even Black Lion skins get a custom bow string these days I think it'd be proper to also make one for Azureflame. The hennep string looks really odd on this otherwise epic 400g bow. 
400g Azureflame. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Azureflame#/media/File:Azureflame.jpg

20g War God's Bow. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/War_God's_Longbow#/media/File:War_God's_Longbow.jpg

Thanks in advance to any of the Anet artists!

Now that I've come to think of it, there are more bows like it, like the Chaos Bow. 
In the icon for the Azureflame as well as the Chaos Bow you can see a colored string. Obviously the tech came later. But would love to see it now that we have the tech.

Also! Important. Bow of Truth on Guardian also still uses the default bow string!

Azureflame Icon. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Azureflame#/media/File:Aether.png
Chaos Longbow Icon. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chaos_Longbow#/media/File:Chaos_Longbow.png

Chaos Longbow. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Chaos_Longbow.jpg

Edited by Dib.4612
Included the part about Bow of Truth.
  • Haha 1

ANet,

I have a really neat idea that I think you're going to like and really should implement. 

The Ice Cold resistance we can do in Bitterfrost Frontier should be able to keep its effect in Bjora Marches. 

So when the Blizzard Meta is on, we don't have to go back and fowards every minute to get Raven protection.

We could brew the elixir just 5 minutes or so before the Blizzard event, or keep it in vials in our inventory;  and when swapping maps, the effect would presist in Bjora Marches, or could carry it with us over to that map.

How about it?

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

When Mechanist will be nerfed , what will happen when people  ask for nerf forVirtuoso and then any ranged ranged spec in PvE?

Because it feel like all over again the  "GW1 - War Machine" - anti-meele game" scenario 😛

Also if people in PvE are worrying about the dps meters  and find a class 33k is unacceptable ... that means that the defensive spells can be oppened and balanced around WvW ?

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 1

Hi there! A bit of an odd request, but lately I've been going nuts from a very specific sound, and that's the chime that happens when you enter the range of a Task.

The sound really annoys me, as I'm on the spectrum and it triggers sensory overload for me.

I've been fishing a lot lately where unfortunately my preferred route dips in and out of a repeatable task quite often, so the sound is very prevalent.

I can of course turn down UI Volume, but the fishing sound effects are also tied to this, which makes it less than ideal.

So I'd very much like an option to disable the Task chime.

Thanks!

Any chance for implanting "monster hunter's wirebug" mechanic as next expansion's Mastery mechanic ?

Essentially it's a short grappling hook that latch on the air and allows you to do a massive attack as you come down .

In GW2 case , .the massive attack need 2 sec to cast(heavy downward attack for 2-handed weapons , or barrage of attack for ranged weapons) and the bosses in their back have the Playstation Controllers  patterns (X , triangle , square... or 4 Elements) and they keep rotating every 1 sec . If you study carefully each boss , you could learn his pattern's rotation and choose the appropriate 1-4 mid-air attack (but you must warry that each spell of yours has 2 sec cast time) .

Each spell has 20 sec cd . If you fail you get knocked back . Gem Store , offer better looking finishing animations (lvl-up LoL-card game animations)

Edit: the rotating  symbol-patterns , should not be always be on his back , but can be scattered-almost-hidden , to increase the complexity and they keep changing places .

Successfully completing them , "transform" a portion of toughness/vitality into power-ferocity and via versa to keep the 40k dps mark

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 1

I would like to suggest that the home portal stone be "selectable" to the home instance we wish to go to.   Even make it require a small charge per "retuning", something akin to the copper salvage kit.  Perhaps make it a brand new type of portal stone for sale in the BLTC and those of us that already have the old one be able to pay the difference in price to upgrade it to the new version.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Generally each expansion after a while , get merged with the others , right ?

And now that the "Dragon Saga " have ended , we could go with the Human Gods or Guild wars , right ?

What if the expanion-after-EoD- becomes the core-f2p introduction , when  the next expansion after that  have been released ?

Rather than meeting the old gang , we can push a new cast .

Or we meet each old cast under  pressured environments (meet Tribune , in a vs Snipper-hide scenario) and when we complete it  , the Tribune would  thinks that we are making joke of him that we cant remember (if we new account) .

He then would try to gives a tooth-neckless and if we activate it ,  the screen will get hazzy-fuzzy on the sides and a Core Personal  Journal will be unlocked in the Core maps (play only the 1st part of the instance..your memory is not good).

LvL ui is hidden(you are 80 with hidden cheesy traits) and the only thing unlocked are the weapons  skills (no utilities).

About the wake-up in starter area after the expanion-after-EoD boss hit you where your goal is to unlock the utilities (get stronger after the defeat) and do the hearts to unlock Armor ,  i havent thought about it

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1