[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

11 hours ago, Chaos.2049 said:

I'm stingy enough to port to the Lily of the Elon to take the free teleport to the Black Citadel instead of porting directly just to save like 3 silver. And having to watch 2 loading screen kind of sucks, but players will optimize the fun out of your game if you let them 😉 (although this probably isn't even worth it gold/h wise...)

same same, and my loading screens take ages. 

I liked the idea someone had of making travel to certain cities be accessed like a mastery skill (e.g. fishing). That you had to earn through playing some story, getting a mastery (maybe a central tyria mastery so they would be useful even while beginning the story), with map currency, and/or a gem store purchase (like the world boss portal device). 

Making me buy a shared storage spot to keep my different port devices in, just means I don't want to buy many port devices.

7 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

As bank space is premium for some players, and myself, can we get the relics to stack if they are the same type? They should be like runes and sigils.

agreed that they should

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Really hoping you guys at ANET have something planned to make getting the Kryptus essences easier/faster.

I know many people are really looking forward to finally being able to get legendary armor without the (unbearable to many) grind in PvP/WvW/Raids, me included.

Looking though what we know thus far in the Wiki, each piece will require:

• 3,000 Essences of Despair
  • 1,200 Essences of Greed
  • 600 Essences of Triumph

There are 6 pieces of armor, so a full set would cost:

• 18,000 Essences of Despair
  • 7,200 Essences of Greed
  • 3,600 Essences of Triumph

Assuming a perfect run where you get the exact split of the three essence varieties you need, that is 28,800 total essences, and you get 13-20 essences per tier 1 rift (after the mastery) so best case scenario you have to do between 1,440 rifts and 2,216 rifts depending on your luck with the RNG gods

You might be able to get that down to between 578 and 1,309 rifts if every one you do is a tier 2 rift, and you have an Uncommon Kryptus Motivation in your inventory to spend for each one.... but at 3+ gold each, that is between 1,750 and 4,000 gold to decrease the grind by somewhere between 40% and 60%, again all depending on your luck with the RNG gods.

Even though there is no day/week cap on essences like there is on the PvP/WvW/Raid 'map currencies' needed for those other sets, that is still an insane grind.

LATE EDIT: 

I forgot to include the essences you need to get the Astral Ward armor, which is a prerequisite to even starting the Obsidian armor! These require a Purified Kryptis Essence, which in turn needs a Amalgamated Kryptis Essence, which is made with:

• 250 Essence of Despair
  • 100 Essence of Greed
  • 50 Essence of Triumph

Again, 6 pieces of armor, so a full set costs:

• 1,500 Essence of Despair
  • 600 Essence of Greed
  • 300 Essence of Triumph

That is an additional 2,400 total essences to unlock the legendary armor. This works out to between 120 and 185 rifts JUST to unlock the collections needed for the legendary armor.

Edited by DemonAtTheWheel.1804
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Would like to see a feature where we can ignore various griefing/trolling tactics like dropping birthday cakes and having turtle mounts in the way so you lose your preferred buffs (yes, cake over-rides ascended feasts, thanks), makes it really hard to rez people in a stack; things like this can be rather obnoxious.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A good QoL update will be the following:

When opening a chest with weapon or armor skins, let there be a visual reminder for which skin you already have unlocked. Right now you have to go all the way down to see, one by one, which skins you already have.

You can write "Unlocked" next to the skin name, or give the skin icon some green border or some other icon.

Here is a visual representation of my idea: https://i.postimg.cc/5NFThyXK/Screenshot-3.png

• Like 4

My husband suffered a massive stroke almost 2 years ago at the age of 42 and now struggles with severe aphasia.  He has difficulty speaking, understanding speech, and is no longer able to read and write.  He plays this game religiously (how idk) and it’s one of the few things he has left bc he can no longer work (he was a physical therapist).  There are a lot of times he needs my help reading what an item does, what a character is telling him to do, etc.  Would it be possible to create a handicap setting that reads everything that is in writing (in a clear voice that doesn’t speak too quickly) if it is clicked on or hovered over?  It would make his experience so much more enjoyable.  Thank you.  

• Like 3

Magic Find obviously does not do anything in this game.

It's fake/useless/a facade... or whatever you want to call it.

It does absolutely nothing; so why don't you remove this from the game entirely?

I've got 190% on the achievements tab + 20% on Amulet + 10% Guild Boost + 30% on food + 100% on boosters... and sometimes more.

I never once even got a precursor.

Not once.

Even ascended gear in wvw that used ro be frequent, now Its been months and got nothing.

It is obvious that it does NOT do anything, and it is all adjusted from your end as drop rates.

So why even bother having this in the game?

Please ANet remove magic find from the game.

It's not doing anything except give false hopes of ultra rare items that never come.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

It does absolutely nothing; so why don't you remove this from the game entirely?

I've got 190% on the achievements tab + 20% on Amulet + 10% Guild Boost + 30% on food + 100% on boosters... and sometimes more.

Not once.

Even ascended gear in wvw that used ro be frequent, now Its been months and got nothing.

It is obvious that it does NOT do anything, and it is all adjusted from your end as drop rates.

It's not doing anything except give false hopes of ultra rare items that never come.

Thanks.

yea going from 0.000001 to 0.000003 chance to drop a precursor might seem like a nothing change I agree.

But how many white weapons and armor drops for you that aint upgraded to blue or green unidentified gears?

• Like 1

Please give us a lot more choices for dailies and weeklies. Once the player completes 3 dailies or 6 weeklies, make it so that remaining dailies/weeklies give significantly less AA, but can still be completed. This way, casual players who don't play much can just aim for the completion chests, but players who play a lot and want more things to do can still have more dailies/weeklies to work on.

Also, always make 3 of the dailies (and 6 of the weeklies) general dailies that can be completed by anyone, regardless of expansion owned or story progress. Dailies like "Defeat 25 Enemies" are general enough that players won't miss out regardless of their place in story. The remaining dailies can have more specific requirements, such as "Fly for 100 meters on a flying mount." This would also give devs more freedom and creativity on dailies/weeklies they can create, whether it's owning a specific expansion, LWS, mount, mastery, or even gem store items.

Also, I think the following would make good dailies (and some weeklies):

General PVE dailies:
Cast boons on allies 3 times (does not have to be player allies).
Kill 5 underwater enemies.
Complete 1 group event.
Loot 3 chests/containers (any chests/containers at JP's, world bosses, metas, home instances, maps, etc.).

Specific PVE dailies:
Complete a hero challenge (core doesn't have repeatable HP's).
Obtain 25,000 EXP in (region).
Defeat 10 enemies while wearing an outfit.
Glide for 10 consecutive seconds.
Fly 100 meters on a flying mount without touching the ground.
Use 3 different mount engage skills.
Hit 3 enemies at once with a mount engage skill.
Cast barrier on allies with the Jackal's engage skill 3 times.
Be in the same party/squad as a guild member or a friend.
Obtain (certain amount of map specific) currencies.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2023 at 6:49 PM, Gwylen.3462 said:

I would love if the Skyscale's Fireball skill could be re-bound in options. I use the number 2 skill for Griffon Dive at the moment, so fireball isn't useable for me without either clicking it or remapping dive to something else. it'd be awesome to be able to bind it separately eventually, so I can find another comfortable key to use for it! 🙂

This!  Why wasn't a mount skill 3 added to the UI settings on launch of SOTO?  Big oversight there.

• Confused 1

Trading Post UI improvements

I suggest creating these features:

-A button to sell all items that have been tagged;

-A markup for choosing to sell by: [Current Buyers list] [Current Sellers list].

With these features we would greatly reduce the amount of clicks.

It would be one or two dozen clicks instead of the hundreds of clicks needed today.

How it works today:
You open a bag of materials or salvage some items and now you will have to sell a lot of things.

+1 click to enter the item page
+1 click to mark Sellers list
+1 mouse wheel click to adjust price
+1 click to sell
+1 click on OK if u wish to sell another stack
+1 click to sell the other stack
+1 click to close the item page
[repeat the process for each item]

Edited by retired.3790
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Not once.

Thanks.

Magic find definitely does work, just not how you think it oughta....

It takes 1000% luck to double your chances of getting better loot, so "190%" really boils down to about 19% increase in chance of better loot, and with all those boosts you are at about 36% chance of better loot. The cap is currently (as of 02/28/2022) at 750% Magic Find, which is about 75% chance at better loot. 

Note that is just "chance for better loot" not a guarantee of high value loot.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 4:40 AM, Aetryn.2876 said:

One of the things i would love to see. A gizmo that merges all the Portal scrolls/tomes into 1 gizmo instead of having 8 different items.
Cause you got:

Its a bit too much and who know how many more will come. I don't mind if it becomes a gemstore item but for the love of Tyria, please give me a shelf to stash all of this.

I would love to see a home instance unlock that allows us to load portal scrolls/tomes into an in-world device that would function like the portals in some of the lounges, allowing us to teleport to any of the locations unlocked with those scrolls/tomes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Alright Anet, it is long past due for this to happen: the meta event participation reward chests we get spammed with. I think we would all greatly appreciate it if those were made to be on par with the other event reward chests that we can just right click on and they get collected and go away without the annoying pop up.

• Thanks 2