[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Make it more noticable please when the PVP que pops up. Often while one is waiting for SPVP, they are alt tabbed & have GW2 in the background with another window on top of it. Unless I make sure my top window is 1/4th the size of my screen, I often miss the que, because the only noticable difference (besides the horn) is the GW2 screen getting barely darker.

Make it possible please to hide the "Map Options" window after one accepts a pvp que, just like the accept/dismiss pvp que window; this way I can keep questing for a bit longer while waiting to spawn into PVP.

• Confused 2

Good Evening,

May I suggest taking a look into time-gated achievements? Specifically, Aurora, this legendary trinket was released 6 years ago and it still requires at minimum, 16 days to complete. Could this be re-evaluated as I see no purpose in continuing to time-gate content that is approaching a decade in age?

Thank you for your time. 🙂 

• Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Absurddd.5780 said:

Good Evening,

May I suggest taking a look into time-gated achievements? Specifically, Aurora, this legendary trinket was released 6 years ago and it still requires at minimum, 16 days to complete. Could this be re-evaluated as I see no purpose in continuing to time-gate content that is approaching a decade in age?

Thank you for your time. 🙂 

Why not it keep you playing for 16 days atleast.

• Like 2

I've been trying out Heal Specter and one thing that bothers me is the "target nearest ally" keeps targetting pets and mesmer clones. This isn't that much of a problem in instanced content where you can set personal target and always lock on to that, but in open world it becomes challenging.

It should work by first of all only targetting player characters, but preferably always prioritize people in the same sub-group.

Edited by Jmvars.4501
accidentally pressed submit too early

Wouldn't it be great if they had separate dye channels?

Some beards look weird on a character, because they are significantly darker than the scalp hair -- for whatever reason. Makes them look rather affixed than natural. 😄

If this was doable, it would make for a nice fashion QoL update😉, especially since we no longer seem to be getting new hairstyle and beards.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Could be interesting, but I'd imagine it would take a complete re-work of the character/toon to allow for a separate dye channel.

Probably, but who knows? We got the Favorites feature for minis, outfits and other stuff that I hadn't considered before, so I guess everything is possible. 😉

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Probably, but who knows? We got the Favorites feature for minis, outfits and other stuff that I hadn't considered before, so I guess everything is possible. 😉

Possible.  Perhaps.  Like I often tell my kid, there's a big difference between possible and probable.   I'm not sure that this idea is probable.  It might take too much effort from Anet for not enough gain.  /shrug

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Possible.  Perhaps.  Like I often tell my kid, there's a big difference between possible and probable.   I'm not sure that this idea is probable.  It might take too much effort from Anet for not enough gain.  /shrug

"Probably" was referring to your response that it would likely take reworking the engine to make it possible to separate the dye channels.

• Confused 3

On 12/15/2023 at 9:19 AM, hyper.3902 said:

Make it more noticable please when the PVP que pops up. Often while one is waiting for SPVP, they are alt tabbed & have GW2 in the background with another window on top of it. Unless I make sure my top window is 1/4th the size of my screen, I often miss the que, because the only noticable difference (besides the horn) is the GW2 screen getting barely darker.

Make it possible please to hide the "Map Options" window after one accepts a pvp que, just like the accept/dismiss pvp que window; this way I can keep questing for a bit longer while waiting to spawn into PVP.

There is a setting so that you can hear the game even when it is in the background so you will always here the que pop.

please consider adding a feature to let us preview cosmetic infusions like the mystic infusion, liquid aurillium, etc. there are youtube videos & pics, but pics don't do infusions justice, & youtube videos are hard to find & different according to what settings you have. since these infusions are so expensive, it'd be really nice to preview first

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't know that this is in the right topic, but for those of us who have been on for 11 years, our contacts could really use a "last online" like the guild panel does.  I have a lot of contacts that have built up over the years, and if someone hasn't played for 5+ years, it would be nice to know!

Can you please enable the word "beast" in character names?

Why is this word not allowed? 

Why is "shot" not allowed? 

Not all of us have a filthy mind, so why should the rest of us be punished over a very few sick individuals?

I'm finding it difficult to come up with a name for a new character, because the internet is also full of disgusting material that ruins character naming.

I tend to google every character name, just in case there's nothing vile that pops up in google; and this is one of those occasions which the name I picked does come up with disgusting things.

So my next best option is to use beast; but this isn't allowed.

I fail to see what's wrong with beast.

Also. Can you increase the total name characters to at least 20?

Just the one more character makes a world of difference. 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 3