[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

"I want the thing, but I don't want to work for the thing"
Also;
"Player versus environment or player versus enemy (PvE, also known as player versus monster (PvM)), is a term used for both single player and online games, particularly MMORPGs, CORPGs, MUDs, other online role-playing video games and survival games to refer to fighting computer-controlled enemies - in contrast to PvP (player versus player)." Directly from Wikipedia.
The Raid boss is not a player, so, it is PvE, glad to clear up the confusion!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

"I want the thing, but I don't want to work for the thing"
Also;
"Player versus environment or player versus enemy (PvE, also known as player versus monster (PvM)), is a term used for both single player and online games, particularly MMORPGs, CORPGs, MUDs, other online role-playing video games and survival games to refer to fighting computer-controlled enemies - in contrast to PvP (player versus player)." Directly from Wikipedia.
The Raid boss is not a player, so, it is PvE, glad to clear up the confusion!

And why do you get to define what others need to do to obtain said thing? And no Raids are not PvE in my opinion.

Lets get technical when you take a Keep in WvW is the Boss a live player? I think not

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

8 minutes ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

It doesn't just your tone comes across as an Elitist. I'll have to say I think map completion would also add more people to the maps and give folks that don't want the grind.

I know I don't need it never have never will but there should be a more viable options other than saying you have to do WvW or PvE.

At the end of the day does it make your pixels less shiny? I look at it as a convivence thing like the Armory. I have "ground" all but 4 Gen 1 Legendries so I know the routine.

What you're not seeing is everyone except yourself.

People sink hundreds if not thousands of gold into the pieces, do this content that actually requires some degree of dedication and skill weekly while also helping keep that particular game mode populated.
The grind is explicitly there for a reason, it's a long term endgame goal for something that is completely optional and only gives you QoL. That's why you have e.g. the timegates in all three modes.
This isn't about "shiny pixels" either, I purely use my legendary armor for stat swap too. The fact that you're comparing this to getting a free piece handed to you after merely doing map completion, without any costs or such associated to it, spits in the face of everyone who put in significant amounts of time and effort across all game modes, greatly devaluing their effort because you don't want to do the same.

Also PvE stands for Player vs. Environment. Raids are literally PvE, whether you think they are or not is irrelevant due to the definition being set in stone.

Edited by NovaanVerdiano.6174
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

There's PvE and PvP. If Raid is not PvE, then....

A solution: Just have Tequatl drop 1 token per day per account which are bound. And you need 180 tokens for a full set of armors. By doing daily farming, you can have one legendary armor piece per month ( 6 months for a full set and 1 1/2 year to equip all your alts).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NovaanVerdiano.6174 said:

What you're not seeing is everyone except yourself.

People sink hundreds if not thousands of gold into the pieces, do this content that actually requires some degree of dedication and skill weekly while also helping keep that particular game mode populated.
The grind is explicitly there for a reason, it's a long term endgame goal for something that is completely optional and only gives you QoL. That's why you have e.g. the timegates in all three modes.
This isn't about "shiny pixels" either, I purely use my legendary armor for stat swap too. The fact that you're comparing this to getting a free piece handed to you after merely doing map completion, without any costs or such associated to it, spits in the face of everyone who put in significant amounts of time and effort across all game modes, greatly devaluing their effort because you don't want to do the same.

Like I said earlier it does not take anything away from your choice of grind. And I did Map completion when it includes all 4 of the WvW maps, when they changed this it did not diminish what I did.

Why do some insist on making one achievement more important than another? How does it affect your quality of life if something changes? Does your armor not work as well?

I was happy when they made it easier on others for map completion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

This has already been discussed a lot of times. Why again? 
PvE means Player versus Environment, Raids are PvE and there already is a PvE legendary armor. 
You want legendary armor? The game gives you three ways to get it. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

And why do you get to define what others need to do to obtain said thing? And no Raids are not PvE in my opinion.

I'm not the one defining what others need to do to get Legendary armor, Anet already defined how to get it. It doesn't matter if Raids are PvE or not in your opinion, by their structure they are PvE. Players play together against enemies controller by the game. 

4 minutes ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

Lets get technical when you take a Keep in WvW is the Boss a live player? I think not

WvW has players fighting on top of fighting NPCs as well. I will repeat it, in Raids you only fight NPCs, you can't fight other players. That's why it's PvE.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

There's PvE and PvP. If Raid is not PvE, then....

A solution: Just have Tequatl drop 1 token per day per account which are bound. And you need 180 tokens for a full set of armors. By doing daily farming, you can have one legendary armor piece per month ( 6 months for a full set and 1 1/2 year to equip all your alts).

I guess we can agree to disagree my friend I don't see the reason behind a long sync. I'm just glad this decision would be made by ArenaNet but it would renew interest in mapping and allow others to enjoy stat swapping on armor. I know too many folks that get disillusioned when they make a build only to have the next update nerf it and they can't afford to change.

And the armor can be ugly I'm going to skin it anyway just like I do all my legendary weapons 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

Like I said earlier it does not take anything away from your choice of grind. And I did Map completion when it includes all 4 of the WvW maps, when they changed this it did not diminish what I did.

Why do some insist on making one achievement more important than another? How does it affect your quality of life if something changes? Does your armor not work as well?

I was happy when they made it easier on others for map completion.

Yes, I too did my first multiple 100% map completions when WvW was mandatory. There is a massive difference between not having to do WvW maps for world completion which at the time was potentially straight up impossible if your server was bad but would take an hour or two tops if your server was good and giving a means of acquiring legendary armor pieces that'll take the average player probably 15-20 hours while also completely cutting any and all material sinks associated to it. It HEAVILY takes away from the other methods and will result in everyone who wants legendary armor to do map exploration because you already have to do that for many other legendaries and it's *literally free.* It will also kitten everyone off who spent thousands of gold on multiple sets on Legendary Armor only to find they could acquire it much easier and for free now.

What for those who have already have Legendary Armor and Map Completion both? Is it going to be awarded retroactively and some people will simply get dozens of pieces of Armor, more than they can use? Is it not going to be retroactive and screw everyone who's done it on all their chars and is at max slots?

Legendary Armor is one of THE long term goals in the game, Anet handing it out for essentially free would be a shotgun blast to their own foot. You also need to realise the skin is literally the least important thing about the Legendary Armor.

Edited by NovaanVerdiano.6174
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

This has already been discussed a lot of times. Why again? 
PvE means Player versus Environment, Raids are PvE and there already is a PvE legendary armor. 
You want legendary armor? The game gives you three ways to get it. 

I have already disproved your Raid theory it is like WvW at the end you fight an NPC Boss.

Again what does it hurt your feelings? ANd if this has already been discussed multiple times I don't remember your participation being required?

Glad to have you but your comment would have meant more without the first line.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

I have already disproved your Raid theory it is like WvW at the end you fight an NPC Boss.

Again what does it hurt your feelings? ANd if this has already been discussed multiple times I don't remember your participation being required?

You haven't disproven anything; World vs. World is what's known as PvEvP, i.e. a mix of both PvE and PvP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, NovaanVerdiano.6174 said:

You haven't disproven anything; World vs. World is what's known as PvEvP, i.e. a mix of both PvE and PvP.

He must have seen a video where someone got killed as sacrifice on Matthias and uses that as a reasoning why it's WvW. 
"Oh, this content is literally just like any other PvE content, it's like WvW!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

Why does this hurt your feelings that someone attain something without your preferred methid of grind?

I don't raid.  Have never raided.  Will never raid.  Also, I have no legendary armor.  Have never had any legendary armor.  Will never get any legendary armor.

Why?

Because I don't do these things.  Why should I be rewarded the same as everyone else who does?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

It doesn’t  hurt my feelings, don’t worry. I got my three legendary armor sets. 
But I just don’t see the need to add a fourth way to get legendary armor, the existing three ways are enough. Everyone who wants a legendary armor has multiple options  to choose from. 
It’s just a lazy attempt to get a reward without doing the stuff that is required like the rest of us did. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NovaanVerdiano.6174 said:

Yes, I too did my first multiple 100% map completions when WvW was mandatory. There is a massive difference between not having to do WvW maps for world completion which at the time was potentially straight up impossible if your server was bad but would take an hour or two tops if your server was good and giving a means of acquiring legendary armor pieces that'll take the average player probably 15-20 hours while also completely cutting any and all material sinks associated to it. It HEAVILY takes away from the other methods and will result in everyone who wants legendary armor to do map exploration because you already have to do that for many other legendaries and it's *literally free.* It will also kitten everyone off who spent thousands of gold on multiple sets on Legendary Armor only to find they could acquire it much easier and for free now.

What for those who have already have Legendary Armor and Map Completion both? Is it going to be awarded retroactively and some people will simply get dozens of pieces of Armor, more than they can use? Is it not going to be retroactive and screw everyone who's done it on all their chars and is at max slots?

Legendary Armor is one of THE long term goals in the game, Anet handing it out for essentially free would be a shotgun blast to their own foot. You also need to realise the skin is literally the least important thing about the Legendary Armor.

Thank you for a reasonable conversation that goes a lot farther when having a dialogue.

Ok using that analogy I guess we should really be mad at ArenaNet I have purchased ever version from the first to the 3rd expansion and now folks buy the latest expansion and get the rest for free? 

This is what I mean what does it hurt? How much more interest will it generate?

I just watched a few videos from so long time streamers that after they have gotten their armor are leaving the game as they have nothing to play for, the folks that log in and play for the fun not the grind would like something they can achieve without giving up on the real world.

And since most (look at the numbers) folks refuse the grind they are the most likely to leave. I spend a lot of money as I know others spend much more than me on the skins and outfits and convivence items like harvesting tools, but I find it more enjoyable to play the map the way it was intended. Don't you remember Colin saying this game would never be about grinding, and now its only about grinding.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

5 minutes ago, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

While the OP is entitled to their opinion, they are factually wrong. Raids; along with dungeons, fractals, and strikes; are PvE. Opinion won't change that.

I am fine with there being a solo PvE option for legendary equipment.

Thank you, I didn't say my original idea was the only choice,  or even the correct way I was just looking for feedback from others that aren't zero'd in one one specific way to obtain the end result

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

13 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I don't raid.  Have never raided.  Will never raid.  Also, I have no legendary armor.  Have never had any legendary armor.  Will never get any legendary armor.

Why?

Because I don't do these things.  Why should I be rewarded the same as everyone else who does?

And that is fine for you, again my opinion is different we can agree to disagree.

Edited by Lite Ning Strike.5203
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Lite Ning Strike.5203 said:

Sorry you were doing fine with your response until you got Lazy and decided anyone that didn't want to do it or have time to do it your way was lazy. 🙄

It’s not my way. It’s the way the game sets. The game gives you three different ways to get legendary armor, why a fourth? 
I mean legendary armor just for map completion? Why not legendary armor as login reward? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

It’s not my way. It’s the way the game sets. The game gives you three different ways to get legendary armor, why a fourth? 
I mean legendary armor just for map completion? Why not legendary armor as login reward? 

And why not a 4th way? Is there a limit?

Again it's not about the look of the armor I like skins better, it is the convivence. Seems like I remember in the past you could only get a precursor for weapons as a drop. They Changed and allowed you to craft one now.

If nothing changes it gets stagnant pretty quick. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

"Raids are not PvE in my opinion," is similar to, "the earth is flat in my opinion." Calling a factually, objectivy, false statement an opinion does not make it any less false.

Then Why does WvW have NPC bosses to keeps and such? Then they are not truly players on servers against other players on servers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1