[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I gave up on the idea class changes will ever happen so I just remade my characters into identicle appearance humans with same/similar name. Sucks having to clear map and stories again and buying bag slots though but it's the only option. Anet probably loves it being that way cuz it ends up being far more expensive and time consuming than just buying a class change for 800-1000. 

• Sad 2

57 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Anet probably loves it being that way cuz it ends up being far more expensive and time consuming than just buying a class change for 800-1000. 

And for what reason would it cost 800-1000 gems instead of 8000-10000 gems? 

Where do you pull the numbers for what it is "worth"? What is "too much"? What is "too cheap"?

Do you get to define it so that your class change have the perfect price?

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

And for what reason would it cost 800-1000 gems instead of 8000-10000 gems? 

Where do you pull the numbers for what it is "worth"? What is "too much"? What is "too cheap"?

Do you get to define it so that your class change have the perfect price?

Based on current pricing scheme obviously as well as other games' pricing when it comes to class/race changes, but honestly who cares? Not sure why you sound so offended by it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Please use the forums search feature.  There are many threads requesting profession changes and reasons why Anet will not do them.

Good luck.

First, person stated he/she has troubles with english. 

Second, forum search input searches all words in title and I suppose beginning of the posts not just titles for the word that you inserted. You need to change filters to optimise your search.  At least I got confused by that search. 

Third, try to start have little bit more respect to other players. This person didnt demand anything, person just ask nicely. You spend so much time on this forum whic obviously making you very negative about forum posters. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Once again, reigniting the request for the two tonics mentioned in the title to work with mounts (and resize them too).

Back in the day, due to buggy interactions between the newly released mounts and already existing transformation tonics, the combination of the two was disabled. This made sense, since there was a lot of tonics that would have needed tweaks, and it was an overall hassle to deal with.

About a year ago, there was a time where a bug was discovered involving holosmith and necros, which would allow players to use mounts while the game still considered them unmounted. This, admittedly, came with its problems, like players being able to literally use some combat abilities while still on their mounts, but it also allowed for the usage of both the Miniature and Embiggening tonics, which made for hilariously over/undersized mounts. The bug was found and patched extremely quickly (because people, instead of just enjoying the miniature or giant mounts, decided to abuse the combat part of it), but during the time when it was reproducible, there was no instance where the mounts themselves looked strange or janky, merely because of the size change. The models looked perfectly fine. So why not just let people mount while under the effects of these two tonics specifically?

You could have argued that "it's just not feasible to allow only some tonics to work", and I would have agreed, up until now. The thing is that, not long ago, some COMPLETELY ad hoc tweaks were added to certain tonics; namely the fact that mounting while using them now, instead of prompting a message telling the player that they can't mount, it just transforms the player back and mount them.

This really does make me wonder: if completely arbitrary behaviors like this can be decided for different tonics, why disable all of them while mounting? It makes sense for some tonics (like the Kodan or watchknight ones), since they don't have animations for mounting, but what about the ones that either turn you into an already playable race, or straight up just alter your size?

The final argument that has been made in the past against this idea, is that "if it were added, wouldn't that make performance worse?". Put it simply: no, it shouldn't. At least not significatively. Not all players have these two tonics, and amongst the ones who do, I rarely ever see them outside of roleplaying hotspots. Even then, the size of a character has little to nothing to do with how lag inducing they are, since character size doesn't affect particles at all. Moreover, if models that emit a lot of particles make a player's FPS tank, chances are that they have already lowered their graphics settings, so this would make no difference whatsoever.

So please, ArenaNet. Let us have cute little birbs and giant stompy bunnies.  

TL;DR: Miniature and Embiggening tonics should work while mounted, since this was a thing in the past and was removed due to an unrelated bug.

Edited by Petrikillos.9417
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hello,

I started to play gw2 6 months ago, came from GW1. I can say I almost never use LFG in GW2, it is kind of useless and not correctly designed.

I suggest to make it like GW1 to fix it:

1- When someone opens the LFG window, it should automatically open with the current map unfolded, so one can read the groups in the current map. Opening each time the window and searching in which expansion/map I am is horrible !

2- Every time someone creates a LFG for your map, it should be automatically be posted as MAP comment with a link to join the group, and there should be an option to disable this if we don't want to read them.

Best regards,

GEO

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Flasterko.4087 said:

First, person stated he/she has troubles with english. 

Second, forum search input searches all words in title and I suppose beginning of the posts not just titles for the word that you inserted. You need to change filters to optimise your search.  At least I got confused by that search. 

Third, try to start have little bit more respect to other players. This person didnt demand anything, person just ask nicely. You spend so much time on this forum whic obviously making you very negative about forum posters. 

There is nothing disrespectful in advising a forum poster to use the forums search feature to find the answers to the questions that they are asking.  Setting up a search isn't that hard: I just selected "this forum", "all of my search terms" "titles only" and input "class change" and got this result

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/search/?q=class change&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=11&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles

• Confused 2

I can not see this happening. Yes the main problematic stuff from the core personal story ... is tied to the race. (Different first story steps based on race.) Class though has one item though - in the description. Char story/description would need to get changed. A lot of work to implement this when most players probably are just making one char for each profession.

Which also brings the possibility to give each of those a different/own story. (I selected different orders when doing the core personal story.)

If you mainly care about having the same story as your main ... just play the other chars (boost to level 80 if necessary) for the profession/game play and develop the story and looks only for your main while neglecting that on the other characters. That would be my suggestion.

Can't see why anyone would want to change their characters profession because recent story steps have other NPC chars with the same/simlar profession in your group. That probably would only be a super small minority of the playerbase - not enough to make implement such a thing. (It would need development work. Stuff that seems easy too us ... is often hard cause the code is considered "spagheti code".)

Edited by Luthan.5236

15 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Based on current pricing scheme obviously as well as other games' pricing when it comes to class/race changes, but honestly who cares? Not sure why you sound so offended by it.

Ok, maybe $99,999 to be in line with Diablo Immortal then, if thats better.

Rytlock got a class change in the story.

I can't see myself using a class change feature, but I don't see it interfering with the story that much. I take it they are only asking for class, not race change. Not wanting a Charr to change to a Sylvari, now we have a Sylvari who is part of the Blood Legion and has a father who is a Charr Flame Legion shaman. Just class change.

Story is pretty similar, in fact other than the rewards I don't think there is any difference based on class. And you don't need to follow any path based on your class.

If we take Charr for example, a Warrior/Blood Legion/Vigil or Thief/Ash Legion/Order of Whispers may seem logical but you can just as easily be Warrior/Ash Legion/Priory or Thief/Iron Legion/Vigil.

I suppose there is the armour piece you choose at the very beginning unique to your class. I'd just go with not letting you choose again if you change.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

while i doubt this would ever become a thing, i really would want it. while picking the profession for my first character, i really had no idea what i was doing, and i ended up with a profession i absolutely hate even with all the elite specs available as an option (like.. hes an elementalist. i picked it ONLY because i thought that it was funny that a plant dude is using fire magic. like thats the level of "i have no idea what i am doing" i was on)

i have had him for over 7 years now, so at this point just deleting him and remaking him as profession i actually like is no longer really an option because i deeply love and cherish this talking pixel vegetable living inside my computer.

Some General Unrelated Ideas to Add Spice to the Game

1) Random World Bosses or Meta Events that take place in towns. I.E. a Random Giant Boss that appears inside of Queens Dale or a different City where they are scaled down. Vet players hanging out in towns and new players will randomly get things that are unexpected to do together. This is just an idea to add fun and randomness to the cities as they can feel stagnant at times. The NPCs are always going on about centaurs "In this very spot." Lets actually have an event pop off once in awhile. Have the NPC's and Guards assist as well. Make a war for the town. Something more elaborate than the bandit invasion on the bridge. It will also provide a bit of a wow (the reaction not the game) factor once in awhile for the new players I see starting out. It also creates a chance for new players to interact with veteran players, possibly get connected to a guild etc. 

2) Guild Tabards / Cloaks ETC. Guild Wars 2 is a game based on Guilds. However the guild armor / guild related pieces are lacking severely imo. Can we please have guild tabards, guild cloaks? Customized add on pieces that allow us to represent our guilds? The "all in one" chest pieces are kinda lame. Also - I think GW2 could do tabards in a  unquie and cool way. Like Logan Thackery's armor - So clipping shouldn't be an issues; they gave him a tabard and it was masterfully done. 

3) Hoods with Hair - The hoods making everyone bald or the hats having large pieces in the back that cover up the baldness are also kinda lame. 

Thanks for reading. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mutisija.5017 said:

while i doubt this would ever become a thing, i really would want it. while picking the profession for my first character, i really had no idea what i was doing, and i ended up with a profession i absolutely hate even with all the elite specs available as an option (like.. hes an elementalist. i picked it ONLY because i thought that it was funny that a plant dude is using fire magic. like thats the level of "i have no idea what i am doing" i was on)

i have had him for over 7 years now, so at this point just deleting him and remaking him as profession i actually like is no longer really an option because i deeply love and cherish this talking pixel vegetable living inside my computer.

Another option is to make another char identical in appearance to the old one, using tomes to level and use a name change contract to give it the old char’s name. The old char with a new name can be stashed somewhere if you ever want to play it. 

• Like 1

Tonics should basically turn the player into whatever they are permanently until the player decides to change back, that includes mounts fighting and everything..

They would then be effectively new races which is what people asked for since release.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Petrikillos.9417 said:

It was doable in the past. Even if that weren't the case, I don't understand why they'd not be able to consider them different sorts of transformations, or program an ad hoc workaround for the specific interaction.

I don't recall them doing this is the past either.  Can you cite an example?  As for different sorts of transformations ... um, yeah, I'm sure that would be very simple to code and/or go back and re-code all of the current transformations? 🙄

• Haha 1

I would like to see something that would greatly improve the gameplay with Elementalist. Can we please have the summons respawning when we take off from a mount? We all know how important the Elementalist elementals are since they do keep us alive or take away damage or provide extra damage. So I would greatly like it if we can have them respawn as soon as we take off from the mount or attack with the mount... I keep running into this issue where when I mount with my guy and get with the mount on the other side and even though it hasn't been a minute or two (the time duration per elemental)  they all are gone. 

If you can do that for the Gliding options then you should definitely do that for the mounts and any future movements, not sure if it is happening in the EoD edition too with the boat and all, but yeah... if it does it shouldn't.

• Like 3

Free teleports (Waypoints cost 0) anywhere in the current map you're in if you get 100% completion for that map. It would be a nice reward, that could be account bound or character only. (Waypointing out to a different map would still cost money)

It makes map-wide meta events (lane changing) and HP trains more convenient if you need to waypoint a lot.

Edited by Tsaweeos.4072
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't see why transformation stacking would be a problem. One instance of transformation stacking is already possible.

You can use a traveling toy and then use an embiggining, or miniature tonic.  You will be on your broom, or ascender, then you will become huge or tiny.

However:
If you use the tonic first and then try the toy, the "you can't use this item while transformed," error message pops up.
clearly transformation stacking is possible, though it may become an  order of operations problem if Anet enables it for mounts.
If the traveling-toy and tonic feature is patched out I will be disappointed. A mini tonic with sylph wings, and an ascender, is the best way to cosplay as a fairy!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1