[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

On 9/12/2022 at 7:01 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Please make professions account wide.

It does not justify having to start a profession all over again with another character from the beggining. 

I maxed all professions except Scribe, which is very difficult to level up.

I want to make various other characters into scribes, but going pass level 28 with one is a challenge in ot self, let alone a few more.

Please make this a reality. 

When we want to become a weaponsmith or otherwise, with another character, it should automatically be the max level we have achieved with others. 

Imagine certain people having 50+ characters, they would have to go through this painful and agonising process 100 times.

I don't find crafting particularly fun.

It's just a process that you really don't want to do but you have no choice.

We feel forced to do it, as many things are bound to it.

Thanks for your understanding .

---

In Guild. 

Influence is no longer earned. 

It has no purpose being on display if it doesn't exist.

Honestly, starting out, long time ago, when there was only an option for two crafting disciplines, I made each toon specialize in just two things because it was just easier to do that and log into that toon. You don't need to do it 100 times for each toon. There is plenty of ways to get exp.

If anything, scribe could use some serious QoL updates. You know, like an option to buy carpentry furniture and keep it into your personal inventory so you can use it without needing the permission of your guild leader. Then you can have a right-click option to auto deposit it to your guild that you are representing.

Edited by Zeivu.3615
Emphasis on QoL
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2022 at 7:32 PM, nobleboivin.4102 said:

Nerf the damage Elites guarding the EOD Hero points give out or get rid of them or replace those hero points with the Elites being the Hero point

You don't HAVE to kill them to get the Hero points you know.... Summon NPC distractions and stealth also work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

You don't HAVE to kill them to get the Hero points you know.... Summon NPC distractions and stealth also work.

I know the Hero Points that @nobleboivin.4102 is refering to, and I can understand why they would make this request.

There are a few where other npcs keep respawning at a much higher rate than usual and have a FoV higher than any other npc.

They are relentless and keep coming at you.

Now, this isn't a case of "get good" here.

I can solo quite a few champions, and can confirm these are almost as hard as fighting a chanp due to the sheer number of foes that come at you while trying to fight the HP spawn and/or Keeper.

I agree with OP in the aspect that it should not be that hard to get an HP.

There are 2 or 3 in Seitung alone, not to mention other maps.

Seitung is meant to be a starter area.

I reinforce the OPs petition to make those HPs easier.

I mean, you have a puzzle in Dragon End, for CoL. 

It's very time consuming, mind... if you haven't perfect photographic memory, but atleast your character wont die and having to respawn miles out to try again.

Point is that those soft puzzle HPs should be swapped for those tough ones in Shing Jea.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Aurene Legendary weapon set is gorgeous, made a Aurene's Voice sometime ago for my Druid (Ranger) and fit so well at the waist, sadly, noticed it had no any sound related to Aurene or when use "Call of the Wild" only show the wolf howling. Feel little disconnect from a Aurene Legendary Weapon, on my oppinion, surely. Its not a immersion breaking or anything bad, just a small detail who can leave a better feeling when use the weapon.

So, my suggestion, change the thumbnail and the wolf of "Call of the Wind" to Aurene image (or Glint, like on the Revenant using Legendary Dragon Stance, has the same shape of Aurene).

I'm main ranger, don't know how Aurene's Voice work on other classes and the limitations of doing it. Just my suggestion and oppinion, thank you for attention! 

English is not my main language, sorry for any wrong interpratation.

Would it be possible to search for rewards (including titles,  chests content, etc) in the achievement panel? I often don't remember the name of the achievements, and we all know the categories are a mess. So unless there is a rework of the achievement panel underway to make it user friendly, I think this would be a nice QoL.

Edited by Colin.4568
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

The Koda achievement in bjora marches is the most confusing mastery I've ever done came across in this game.

The wiki page is full of contradicting information. 

First it states to go to the yellow triangle markers in the map, but on the same statement it says it has nothing to do with it and the challenges spawn at random.

I've spent the last 3 days trying to ge this achievement, to no avail.

I only got one out of the six conditions on the list, and I don't even know how.

Please do something about this.

You could place more In-Game hints and tips once the achievement is active.

Usually we see a mustard yellow coloured Exagon symbol on achievements, so we know where to go and what to do.

Please do that with this mastery.

We're literally shooting in the dark here.

I am getting extremely frustrated, and seriously feel my anxiety levels rise uncontrollably everytime I'm attempting to do this.

You could also make this spawn every half an hour or so instead of complete randomness.

I found one single champion with the destabilise orbs but failed because there were only two of us, as time ran out, others were doing drakkar. 

I asked for help and was told by a couple people that they would not miss the opportunity to make gold so they would not waste time with champions and some useless achievement. 

I don't want to rattle on about this.

I think you got the point.

But I'm running out of options for mastery points.

I simply avoid jumping puzzles, and achievements that I know that I'll never be able to do.

So I really need this one.

Thanks for your time and consideration. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hello fellow music enthusiasts!

I wanted to bring up the idea of adding new instruments into the game, such as the Trumpet, Saxophone and especially Violin. I've been trying to find new masterpieces to learn when I realised how much better some of these would sound if they had the correct instrument.

e.g Careless Whisper/Sexy Saxophone, Carol of the bells and etc

It's been years since the last release of a new instrument so it would be great to have fun mastering more, not to mention how refreshing it would be to be able to play as a band and not having to leave out certain instruments because we don't have access to it.

Hope this get's considered 😄

Thanks.

Edited by ARC.8410
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

These are simply suggestions nothing more. 

Make explorable mode for dungeons account wide once you finish story mode on any character.

Join a friends squad from friends list.

Make Memories of Battle drop from PvP reward tracks.

Have crafting level be account wide for a fee, so if x character has Jewler crafting maxed you can pay the standard fee of 50 silver to also have Jewler maxed on character y.

Standardize available max number of character slots and shared inventory slots for all players in BLTC regardless of bonuses from deluxe upgrades.

A system similar to jade lanterns for Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire maps.

Legendary jade bot cores that is included in the Legendary Armory, via mastery.

Combine eater gizmo's and have them pull from material storage. (E.g. Princess, Empyreal Star, Herta, Mawdrey, Sentient Anomaly, etc.)

Crystal Desert and Cantha world portals for meta events (Like the Maguuma Pact Operation Portal from HoT) + a recipe to combine all four world portals into one (3 expansions plus World Boss Portal)

Home instance library for all the books and papers player accumulate during story and achivements.

Sunken treasure home instance node.

Add map currencies to the HoT home chests.

With so many currencies, more ways to farm are welcome and this would also reward those who farm their home consistently

As mentioned in other posts, upgrades to existing home instance nodes via achievements, like the progression for the candy corn node.

Material storage slots for jade runestones and ancient summoning stones.

Another use for transmutation charges since legendary items don't use them.

Another use for legendary insights please.

Give Eyes of Kormir and Prismaticite Crystals a small 20 copper value, this would add consistency as most crafting materials have some value, either coin, karma, etc.

Guild hall decorations vendor: allow player to buy more then 1 decoration at a time

Have the option for engineer mechs to dance and emote when the player does, like asking another player to dance via dance emote volume.

Add mount chairs with skins using unlocked mount skins.

Allow players to trade in Frostmaw of Chilling along with a stack of Prismaticite Crystals for a Gift of Aurene box

Have a way for players to buy the very rare boss meta skins, via existing currencies or after x amount of boss clears have it as a guaranteed drop.

Some players have done world bosses for years (since launch) with no drops. (I.e. Tequatl's Horde)

Fishing: Bait and lures should be account wide something like Legendary Armory for fishing supplies as a trainable mastery.

Please increase the amount of catches from fishing holes, or have deep fishing holes like the one in Arborstone spawn in the world. Needing to move after catching three fish is a hassle and drastically reduces the pleasure of fishing. It's also extremely annoying when your skiff is destroyed mid-cast or destroyed by invulnerable mobs; please look into this.

Cycle in the mini raptor, skyscale, griffon, springer, shiba, skimmer, jackal, and tigris back into black lion chests every so often, like the black lion weapons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Commendations Vendor in Guild Hall that offers you litter for one commendation. 

Why would I want to waste commendations that are so hard to come by in exchange for something you get often for free from thousands of sources? 

I feel this vendor was a waste of time and resources to get.

Please improve the quality and rarity of items in this vendor for one commendation.

Sandy bag of gear for instance, or something else worthwhile. 

Thanks.

I also would like to stress, Guild Ranks Icon's variety and colours.

Please give us more of it, and be editable. 

I would like to make a specific rank a specific color.

Cheers guys.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2022 at 2:15 AM, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I know the Hero Points that @nobleboivin.4102 is refering to, and I can understand why they would make this request.

There are a few where other npcs keep respawning at a much higher rate than usual and have a FoV higher than any other npc.

They are relentless and keep coming at you.

Now, this isn't a case of "get good" here.

I can solo quite a few champions, and can confirm these are almost as hard as fighting a chanp due to the sheer number of foes that come at you while trying to fight the HP spawn and/or Keeper.

I agree with OP in the aspect that it should not be that hard to get an HP.

There are 2 or 3 in Seitung alone, not to mention other maps.

Seitung is meant to be a starter area.

I reinforce the OPs petition to make those HPs easier.

I mean, you have a puzzle in Dragon End, for CoL. 

It's very time consuming, mind... if you haven't perfect photographic memory, but atleast your character wont die and having to respawn miles out to try again.

Point is that those soft puzzle HPs should be swapped for those tough ones in Shing Jea.

You don't need to 'get gud' for those HPs. You just need to not get attacked for five seconds to channel and collect the point. It's not HoT where slaying them is required.

Edited by Zeivu.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Allow us to have more than one Guild Booster at the time.

Why just one?

We work our butts off to upgrade guild and have to constantly go back and forwards with every character to change booster accordingly. 

I must have already spent over 1,000 gold on my part alone; not to mention my guild mates, to be restricted to one single boost at the time.

If I knew this, I would have never got the guild hall and just invest the gold on things that would give me more joy, such as more character slots, shared inventory slots, or mount skins.

It's just a shame that I'm broke ingame, otherwise I'd give back in gold the resources my guild mates spent and shut this Guild down.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Canthan Crafting Material Coffers - can we get the option to consume more than just 1 at a time.

Moving my inventory interface to make all the clicking easier when I have to click 5 times per block of tofu is very frustrating. Times this by 150, and there's 750 clicks that could be greatly reduced to 5 or 6 clicks. I really don't want to get RSI from playing GW2.

10 hours ago, Zeivu.3615 said:

You don't need to 'get gud' for those HPs. You just need to not get attacked for five seconds to channel and collect the point. It's not HoT where slaying them is required.

You get interrupted while doing it unless someone else already killed the keeper and you can skip pass its lackies.

There is no absolute way of sneaking past the keepers because they are right there on the spot.

Not everyone can access stealth with every character.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So I know for a fact, although and rightfully so there are players that use 3rd person for combat simplicity and look back(view radius), that many players(including myself) would really love a more dynamic first person setup. So far, when you enter mounts it converts you to 3rd person, and when you dismount it leaves you that way until you have to zoom in again with the mouse wheel. I think many can agree, that an FPS style MMO has been very wanted over the many years, this would at least give it that feel, such as Skyrim or Oblivion but with masses of people in one area. Certain classes may have more fun with this camera angle than others, but people should have the option to fully stay in First person mode. You've seen this style with Planetside 2, it's still going on after over a decade, you can use your first person view to utilize as a system where you can fight in a first person view, many people would find this option fun to be more utilized. Allow people to use their skills, twist and turn in FP mode for world exploration and PVP, and somehow either allow them to do so on the mount after dismantling without bringing it back to third person view, or allow the mount itself to be in first person view. This is a vision of hardcore players who had high hopes for the games like Starcraft: Ghost. As I said, it's not for everyone, but a focus on this constant FP feature would be amazing, it's been something many MMO players have wished for over the years, and nobody has taken it serious, add more FP features, and allow us to stay in such a vision upon leaving a mount, it's one extra step that is completely ignored in any MMO game. Whether it be for this game, or Guild Wars 3 🙂 this is absolutely something many many people want within an MMO, we have yet to experience this in anything else on a more dynamic level. Thank you. 

Edited by Anathemad.9847
*typos

• Anathemad.9847 changed the title to Suggestion: What if you enhanced the "FPS" camera?

Finding Sibiha collection, the step where we need to talk to Aaminah before the Risen Krait event.

If we rescue her during the rescue event first, there's a long 5 to 10 minutes before Aaminah appears again to be spoken to again to trigger the next step of the collection. (The rescue event in itself wastes much time and is rather unpleasant with how fast the Quaggan rescuers die.)

This wait is very unfun. Newbies who do not even know how to search the wiki might get frustrated and quit the game. It's not clear to them they need to wait for her to respawn, and at what points to talk to her.

Please address this confusing and frustrating part of the collection.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Please stop with the Infusion drop fixes everything mentality 💣💥
I have been playing this game for 7 years and I have never gotten an infusion. 
If you want to make people play an activity more, please give us more raw materials or gold. Pretending that you've fixed something behind a 0.0003% chance to get an infusion is ludicrous 💩

Edited by corwin.3495
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Guild Roster.

Can you change the colour of "Not Representing" members to a Red square?

Easier to spot that way.

Also, please give us the option in rank editor to tick which ranks can get guild boosters.

Meaning new players can't get them, and if I demote a non representative, they lose guild booster.

I've been working my butt off for this guild and don't want free loaders in it.

Thanks guys.

• Confused 2