Scorched Earth for WvW

Since its  a skill mostly used  in WvW i feel its the good place to put this topic , the AOE capping in WvW is  getting quite extreme  especially in blob fight(since this meta is  all about that sadly) with all the pets , beasts  , clones etc...  Please revert back to 5  targets , the  warrior class suffered enough has it is.  there is  also a priority necessity to reduce super blobs 'invincibility' and this skill with more targeting  could be helpful... blobs vs blobs is an extremely BORING way ( and laggy) to fight in wvw . we need blob killing skills and not THE OPPOSITE . thx

• Like 7
  • Confused 5

49 minutes ago, LordTemujin.5498 said:

Since its  a skill mostly used  in WvW i feel its the good place to put this topic , the AOE capping in WvW is  getting quite extreme  especially in blob fight(since this meta is  all about that sadly) with all the pets , beasts  , clones etc...  Please revert back to 5  targets , the  warrior class suffered enough has it is.  there is  also a priority necessity to reduce super blobs 'invincibility' and this skill with more targeting  could be helpful... blobs vs blobs is an extremely BORING way ( and laggy) to fight in wvw . we need blob killing skills and not THE OPPOSITE . thx

WvW structure itself promotes blob fights. We can make a blob killing gun or two but people will still blob together or just not bother if they can't hang all of the sudden. There's no character or social building reason to take a region and hang around to make use of it. There is only take control point, lose control point, then back cap it later. The fighting at those points will largely be only map chat response and fight hunting. There's not going to be a lot of dynamic open world type combat and travel. 

That's not to say a skill shouldn't looked over though. If it's healthy for team play, then let's do it. 

9 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Three sides stuck in a corridor on SMC unable to get around each other due to player collision would be quite the sight. :classic_laugh:

Stay away from cliffs too. I'm down for my server but I guarantee they're taking a dive first if they get close me near one. 

49 minutes ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Reading the topic, I was expecting something about burning bridges, salting supply camps, and just demolishing objectives so hard the enemy couldn't re-capture them for a day or a week. I must say I'm rather disappointed. 😞

Or eating the yaks, poison the sentries, minefield the ruins and slaughter dredge, ogres and frogs to extinction.  

• Haha 1

If you want to shake up the group playstyle, you could keep the current limits of AOE skills but make their coefficient scalable. Do more damage to the 5 targets if they are on top of each other, do less damage to the 5 targets if they put more space between them. likewise the defense. It decreases the coefficient of defense of each other and increases on the contrary. I'm imagining small percentages. And I'm imagining weeks of event in WVW to check out What happens and how different groups react. 

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

If you want to shake up the group playstyle, you could keep the current limits of AOE skills but make their coefficient scalable. Do more damage to the 5 targets if they are on top of each other, do less damage to the 5 targets if they put more space between them. likewise the defense. It decreases the coefficient of defense of each other and increases on the contrary. I'm imagining small percentages. And I'm imagining weeks of event in WVW to check out What happens and how different groups react. 

Or do what I've suggested elsewhere; every player in WvW has an aura, and every friendly player in range of that aura gets a stacking debuff that lowers speed, damage and healing by 1%. Stacks up to 50 times. You want to run a blob? It's slow, does less damage and can take less damage. Suddenly 10 groups of 5 players can jump in and out damaging the blob. Suddenly positioning and tactics come into play. Suddenly there are genuine choices to be made.

We need to come up with ideas to make it so that a boonblob isn't the best choice in every circumstance and in every way. There needs to be downsides to it that others can exploit. There needs to be a rock to their scissors, otherwise everything stays paper (see what I did there?)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Reading the topic, I was expecting something about burning bridges, salting supply camps, and just demolishing objectives so hard the enemy couldn't re-capture them for a day or a week. I must say I'm rather disappointed. 😞

Wait, your not putting supply traps around supply dumps and sentries you took as well as target painters? You are missing out on some of the fun.

But I hear you lol. 

9 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Or eating the yaks, poison the sentries, minefield the ruins and slaughter dredge, ogres and frogs to extinction.  

You know I do wonder if we are missing out of a QoL change. Killing Yaks in a camp have higher odds of dropping Cut of Quality Red Meat. 

As a warrior main, I'm obviously biased. But you have to admit, it's a narrow aoe that you just have to move left or right to get out of.  It's by far not the most dangerous aoe out there. The only reason Scorched Earth was hampered, in my opinion, was zergs stay in one place a lot and its a zerg summer at Anet HQ.

• Confused 2