New Fractal Dungeon "The Lonely Tower" Coming May 21.

34 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Yet my party took about 7 minutes to get Eparch to around half health, before people left due to the Fissure Walker achievement failing.

The HP pool objectively is overtuned for T1.

The only objective thing I see here is you complaining lol

It sounds like you just aren't good at the fight yet, which is fine as it's only day 2. The fight is well-telegraphed so if you actually put some effort in it can become the nice and easy brainless daily you want it to be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mic.1897 said:

My fractal group (regular T4s + CMs for years, most are part of my raid static as well) spent around 3-4 minutes on the boss in T1 I think? Granted we were trying to go for the "don't get hit by fissures" achievement (which is certified kitten btw because you lose your participation even before any crack becomes vaguely visible, with video evidence - and resetting the fight doesn't reset the achievement, gotta do the whole fractal again. I hope they change it like they did with that one Silent Surf achievement)... but it still took us that long with around 80k - 90k total dps (3xDps, 1xQdps and 1xAheal). I can't even imagine how long your normal T1 newbies would need for this.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mic.1897 said:

It sounds like you just aren't good at the fight yet, which is fine as it's only day 2.

It's sounds more like you are trying to defend the decision of purposely over-tuning the boss HP, making the fractal repulsive for the people who frequent T1, because they do not want to have the tedium they feel from higher tiers.

And yet here we are, said tedium is shoved into their tier again, in form of another needlessly bloated HP pool.

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You are right. For average t1 puggers it takes longer than that.

I do not want to know how needlessly long it'd take for actual beginners.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

No need to explain it to me. Explain it to the person who was complaining. 😉 

I mean... you replied to me... Ofcourse I will reply to you as well. That's how conversations work. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kiroho.4738 said:

That's how conversations work. 😉 

AHH! 😁

Back on topic: I will try out the new Fractal tomorrow and hope it will be worth my while. Feedback has not been very positive thus far. 🤔

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Mic.1897 said:

It sounds like you just aren't good at the fight yet, which is fine as it's only day 2. The fight is well-telegraphed so if you actually put some effort in it can become the nice and easy brainless daily you want it to be.

boss have like 3 mechanics,thats not the problem, problem is that t1 pepooo will spend half eternity trying to remove 25 milion hp boss which pukes  5000 condies. most of them dont have single asc/exo gear and have no clue about meta builds or comps and you wana from them to kill WORLD BOSS in 5 ppl.  *slow clap*

in current form this fractal will be avoided by majority of t4 players like aquatic/siren/sanqua/surf.

why players should waste their time in fractal where they must kill boss with 31 000 000 hp for SAME REWARDS as fractal where you blink to end in 30 sec and kill 4 moew robots?

your whole take is one big L dunno why you even posted it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, daw.4923 said:

boss have like 3 mechanics,thats not the problem, problem is that t1 pepooo will spend half eternity trying to remove 25 milion hp boss which pukes  5000 condies. most of them dont have single asc/exo gear and have no clue about meta builds or comps and you wana from them to kill WORLD BOSS in 5 ppl.  *slow clap*

in current form this fractal will be avoided by majority of t4 players like aquatic/siren/sanqua/surf.

why players should waste their time in fractal where they must kill boss with 31 000 000 hp for SAME REWARDS as fractal where you blink to end in 30 sec and kill 4 moew robots?

your whole take is one big L dunno why you even posted it.

Not everyone sees fractals as a chore they want done quickly for rewards lol

Some people actually enjoy the content. You can enjoy skipping and having less daily rewards if you want - no one cares

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I do not want to know how needlessly long it'd take for actual beginners.

With myself and 4 beginners it's a 5-10min fight. Feels fine

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

48 minutes ago, Mic.1897 said:

With myself and 4 beginners it's a 5-10min fight. Feels fine

Joined a first-timer group in T4 in the fractal, after they noticed they have to collect all orbs, the boss died in not even 5mins on the 4th try. I didn't want to spoil all the mechanics to them, but confirmed when they noticed something correctly.

If you have one average DPS player who knows what he does, and all the other 4 just collect orbs, the boss dies in 3-5min. 

• Confused 4

Posted (edited)

I see conflicting numbers being thrown around here. Does anyone know how many HP the final boss actually has in T1?

I think your average T1 only group (not a T4 group doing their T1 rec, I mean a group of people who only occasionally do T1 fractals) probably does 20-30k dps total when able to focus on damage (ie not dodging/running all the time). I speak as someone who plays with friends who have probably done 40-50ish total fractals each, mostly T1 and some T2 (I've done T4 myself but not CM).

Someone said Eparch had 31 million HP. If that's correct for the T1 version then that average T1 group would take 20 mins at 25k dps to kill him. If they spend half their time dodging and not doing their full DPS then it goes up to 40 minutes.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I see conflicting numbers being thrown around here. Does anyone know how many HP the final boss actually has in T1?

I think your average T1 only group (not a T4 group doing their T1 rec, I mean a group of people who only occasionally do T1 fractals) probably does 20-30k dps total when able to focus on damage (ie not dodging/running all the time). I speak as someone who plays with friends who have probably done 40-50ish total fractals each, mostly T1 and some T2 (I've done T4 myself but not CM).

Someone said Eparch had 31 million HP. If that's correct for the T1 version then that average T1 group would take 20 mins at 25k dps to kill him. If they spend half their time dodging and not doing their full DPS then it goes up to 40 minutes.

Its 21mio on T1, 32mio on T4

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

Its 21mio on T1, 32mio on T4

OK. So that would be 14 minutes at full DPS or 28 minutes at half DPS for a T1 only group.

I haven't tried the fractal myself but it sounds like there are quite a few mechanics to avoid (particularly for a T1 group who would probably only do the Fractal once every month or two) so the 28 minutes is by far the more likely time.

Sounds excessive to me and the T1 groups will likely just skip it. Note that Silent Surf is the same, I don't do it with this group either because it takes way too long to kill the final boss.

BTW, it's quite odd that the T4 boss only has 50% more hit points. There is no way that a T1 group can do 2/3rds the DPS of a T4 group, not even close.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

OK. So that would be 14 minutes at full DPS or 28 minutes at half DPS for a T1 only group.

I haven't tried the fractal myself but it sounds like there are quite a few mechanics to avoid (particularly for a T1 group who would probably only do the Fractal once every month or two) so the 28 minutes is by far the more likely time.

Sounds excessive to me and the T1 groups will likely just skip it. Note that Silent Surf is the same, I don't do it with this group either because it takes way too long to kill the final boss.

BTW, it's quite odd that the T4 boss only has 50% more hit points. There is no way that a T1 group can do 2/3rds the DPS of a T4 group, not even close.

Since you have not tried it yourself... the fractal has mechanics that boost your dps insane if used properly, easily tripled dps for 1 (maybe even 2) dps players.

So the hp is justified, but needs the group to figure out how to use the mechanics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

Since you have not tried it yourself... the fractal has mechanics that boost your dps insane if used properly, easily tripled dps for 1 (maybe even 2) dps players.

So the hp is justified, but needs the group to figure out how to use the mechanics.

Useful to know. But will learning T1 players be able to make use of the boost? I guess we will see.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I haven't tried the fractal myself 

Bad math and lack of personal experience and you're trying to tell is how long it takes lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Useful to know. But will learning T1 players be able to make use of the boost? I guess we will see.

Why would they not be able to?

It is there to teach them so learning should be possible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why would they not be able to?

It is there to teach them so learning should be possible.

If the idea is that the mechanics are simple so that players with lower experience can learn them, then the mechanics need to work properly

It's not fair to expect a new player to pick up a stacking buff that makes them deal and take more damage, but then have the wave attack that now one-shots them due to said buff not have a reliable hit box

I've literally watched people in a T1 pug dodge the wave but still go down, because the actual damage tick is right BEFORE the wave, not when the visual itself collides with your hitbox - if they fixed the hitboxes of some of the boss's abilities, it wouldn't be as bad

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

I've literally watched people in a T1 pug dodge the wave but still go down, because the actual damage tick is right BEFORE the wave, not when the visual itself collides with your hitbox - if they fixed the hitboxes of some of the boss's abilities, it wouldn't be as bad

I was wondering about this, wasn't in T1 but I kept getting absolutely wrecked by the shockwave and could not wrap my head around why. I started to think that I was losing my mind or that my lag was spiking only during that wave attack or something. Resorted to literally running away from it or just invulnerability'ing through it when I could.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

If the idea is that the mechanics are simple so that players with lower experience can learn them, then the mechanics need to work properly

It's not fair to expect a new player to pick up a stacking buff that makes them deal and take more damage, but then have the wave attack that now one-shots them due to said buff not have a reliable hit box

Sounds like a cope tbh, haven't had any issues with the wave

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Definitely a few issues with this fractal at T4. The orbs we collect are out of sync with the bosses attack rotation so sometimes he will cast out rage or envy and instantly absorb it. 

Second the successful Cc isn't removing the correct number is stacks off the boss. 

T1 and 2 relatively easy T3 the same but the boss feels more like a sponge. My T3 run I dropped the supply create 3 times and I didn't cancel the skill between drops. 

T4 my pb was 36% HP left the boss is just too spongy to be an enjoyable experience.

There is obviously some form of tank mechanic as the bosses wonder range is insane and I had noticed the boss would follow a particular member of the party.  Issue is all members need to gather a separate emotion. 

Lastly the pre mini boss phase where you play DDR with the purifier. 10 is too many just feels unnecessarily long I'd definitely drop it back to 5 or 7 tops. As you have to repeat it several times. 

• Like 2