Why do the largos not hunt the commander?

Vyggo.8367

I apologise if this question has already been asked on this forum, but still, is there any particular reason? The largos care for the hunt, and have proven to hunt our allies (wyld hunt valiants). The commanders head would likely be very honourable. It would also tie in wel with a more laid back, smaller scale story. Like maybe the commander goes to the largos outposts deep in the unending oceaan afterwards.

It might also just be the 1000th aspect of the world that is never explained because Arenanet has a dragon fetisj. Arenanet also doesn’t want to make an underwater map.

TLDR: why don’t the largos hunt the commander and/or friends, and how could Arenanet finally make a story that ties into the largos?

• Like 3

The Largos hunting the Wyld Hunt Valiants is much earlier in the PS timeframe then when the PC becomes "The commander" TBH, after that point level wise I don't think there is any hostile Largos until the Raid with the two serving the one Djinn.

The Largos hunters are not a unified army either. Just because one is out there grabbing Sylvari doesn't mean they all are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The simplest reason is that the game cannot tell every possible, conceivable story. Could a Largos hunt the Commander? Probably, but it doesn't really relate to anything in the story that's been told. The focus was on uniting people affected by the Dragons and fighting back.

I don't get the impression Largos team up and as proficient as they are as hunters, my money would still be on us and our guild Vs a Largos. There's not much depth to the story to make an arc out of it and it works best as a dynamic event, which they kinda did in the PS.

So could it be possible? I guess so in theory, but it's not really main story material based on the direction they chose for the game's first decade

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I don't get the impression Largos team up and as proficient as they are as hunters, my money would still be on us and our guild Vs a Largos. There's not much depth to the story to make an arc out of it and it works best as a dynamic event, which they kinda did in the PS.

So could it be possible? I guess so in theory, but it's not really main story material based on the direction they chose for the game's first decade

I could definitely see a largos hunting us for honor as a side/secondary villain (similar to Ankka in EoD) when we go to to the unending ocean (if we do) . Most likely plotline I could see taking us there is the Deep Sea Monster that everyone originally thought was Soon-Won and is still unaccounted for. Maybe (some) Largos could come into conflict with us if we go after it and they see it as their hunt, as we know they're already at conflict with it (since Soo-Won wasn't the one that drove them out of their homelands).

Edited by Poormany.4507

8 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

TBH, after that point level wise I don't think there is any hostile Largos until the Raid with the two serving the one Djinn.

There's one in Timberline Falls and another in Frostgorge Sound.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Veteran_Largos_Assassin

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_largos_assassin_(Timberline_Falls)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_largos_assassin_(Frostgorge_Sound)

And they technically do challenge the PC / Commander to a fight.

After the personal story, the Commander never really sticks around water / areas with Largos, so it's not surprising there's not many of them. The Unseen Hunter largos in Brisban is a major oddity in location, tbh.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Vyggo.8367 said:

I apologise if this question has already been asked on this forum, but still, is there any particular reason? The largos care for the hunt, and have proven to hunt our allies (wyld hunt valiants). The commanders head would likely be very honourable. It would also tie in wel with a more laid back, smaller scale story. Like maybe the commander goes to the largos outposts deep in the unending oceaan afterwards.

It might also just be the 1000th aspect of the world that is never explained because Arenanet has a dragon fetisj. Arenanet also doesn’t want to make an underwater map.

TLDR: why don’t the largos hunt the commander and/or friends, and how could Arenanet finally make a story that ties into the largos?

Because, what random mortal bounty hunter would be stupid enough to fight the commander.

Champion of THE elder dragon.

One of the strongest fighters in known Tyria.

The dude that fought 4 of the best fighters in Cantha, a giant kitten Mech and Minister Li. All at the same time while not even being out of breath.

God Slayer.

Dragon Slayer.

The dude that is breezing his way through a demon realm. Right now.

The dude that got send flying by an elder dragon, crashed with high speed into a rock wall and stood up again.

And much much more.

I guess, good luck bounty hunter.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

There's probably also a point at which the largos houses go "no, really, we want this person continuing to do what they're doing, anyone who thinks they can earn kudos by killing them had better understand that even if they do succeed, it won't end they way they think". While a lot of villain factions have been operating under the idea that they'll somehow survive even if the Elder Dragons destroy everyone else, I think it makes sense that at least some factions that might otherwise be a threat have realised it's in their best interest to let the person who seems to have a solution keep going.

Now that the dragon storyline is over, though, that might be something that is attempted in the future. Probably not going to happen while the PC is in Nayos, though. And it's possible, with the way largos society seems to be set up, that any largos powerful enough to think they have a shot at the PC already has a reputation secure enough that they don't feel the need to.

(It's also possible that the largos have a system whereby sufficiently impressive hunters of any race are viewed as honorary largos and stop being valid targets, and the PC has reached that point.)

Edited by draxynnic.3719
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 5/12/2024 at 7:32 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Because, what random mortal bounty hunter would be stupid enough to fight the commander.

Champion of THE elder dragon.

One of the strongest fighters in known Tyria.

The dude that fought 4 of the best fighters in Cantha, a giant kitten Mech and Minister Li. All at the same time while not even being out of breath.

God Slayer.

Dragon Slayer.

The dude that is breezing his way through a demon realm. Right now.

The dude that got send flying by an elder dragon, crashed with high speed into a rock wall and stood up again.

And much much more.

I guess, good luck bounty hunter.

Praise Joko!!!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Being fair, people ate mummies in our real life history.

Grave robbing is a hard job. Ofcourse you get hungry and having a dusty burrito just sitting there is very convenient. 

The ancient Egyptians were very thoughtful. 

• Haha 2