[POLL] Are You Ready For World Restructuring?

[POLL] Are You Ready For World Restructuring?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Ready For World Restructuring?

• Maybe - My Alliance of Guilds is ready to roll! We've been waiting patiently! Give us that 6th slot!
    • Maybe - I'm currently on the CB radio/phone/discord/fax/carrier pigeon/string paper cups/pager trying to get the band back together, we'll be ready in a month though!
    • Maybe - I'll have to try and convince people to leave other games... it's been six years ya'know... other stuff happened...
    • Maybe - Still trying to find an alliance guild to join! help!
    • Don't Care - I'm solo, WR doesn't matter to me.
    • Nope - It will be the end of the road for me and GW2. I bid you adieu wvw...
    • Don't Care - My guild isn't going to join an alliance.

Another poll that doesn't include me, I'm so special and unique : (

As a solo roamer who has played on a link server since links were introduced, I'm already accustomed to having a new team every X weeks, won't be any real change for me . . .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Gop.8713 said:

Another poll that doesn't include me, I'm so special and unique : (

As a solo roamer who has played on a link server since links were introduced, I'm already accustomed to having a new team every X weeks, won't be any real change for me . . .

"What the kitten is world restructuring? I don't care as long as the train is still going on when I log on!"

Is the catch all for people who are not in guilds or alliances or don't care about WR in general. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I think that for 2024 WvW lacks way too much stuff to be relevant and it also need way more active development of new content: ladders/rewards, new map and new stuff to do on it.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Well, I don't think it will change so many things but having oppurtunity to change WvW guild and play with other friends is nice. I want to see an Asura only raid from an Asura only guild ehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

You might want to edit that last option and add the word end

As for my response My Alliance of Guilds is ready to roll! We've been waiting patiently!

Being linked with the dead server that is Maguuma can't end soon enough!!

Edited by Ronin.4501
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Oh right, this means WR is actually/finally coming... that means I gotta keep up my promise to my guild and return? ... crap.

Hmm, I need some help to come up with some good reason to skip it so I can keep playing other games... Surgery on right shoulder?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

As for my response My Alliance of Guilds is ready to roll! We've been waiting patiently!

Thanks, usually proofread my stuff a couple times, even after the fact, but had a lot of stuff going on today. 🍦

• Like 1

There isn't an option which applied to me. If there was it would probably be "Sad to be losing the option to play with the various guilds and groups of people I have played with on my world for the last couple of years and apprehensive about what that means for my future enjoyment of WvW".

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

I think you mean hibernating.  Cause, them all just playing their alts to get open doesn't make their server "dead".

I haven't spoken to anyone in the WvW scene in a while and I'd feel super guilty to drag folks who quit back into it since it's likely just going to be more fruitless copium.

So I guess I'm looking for a new alliance >.>

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

I think you mean hibernating.  Cause, them all just playing their alts to get open doesn't make their server "dead".

Actually word on the "street" is a lot of them have transferred to AR. What I find most interesting is that they're still listed as a FULL server, despite the fact that outside of reset there have barely been any queues, even for EBG. But I thought being linked to NSP (only a handful of small guilds) and TC (no guilds whatsoever) was bad, and then along comes Mag to show them up!! And now we've got another 4 weeks of this misery until the WR betas begin.

But transfer or alts, either way in their current state Mag is dead. They can barely hold their third in EBG. Ebay has been doing all the carrying this link, and they only have coverage NA primetime outside of BACK and KUSH.

Betas can't come soon enough! (and then hopefully we get on a server...shard...whatever...that has one of the boonblob guilds or it'll just be more weeks of absolute misery. But since Anet isn't smart enough to control that I'm sure all the boonblobs guilds will try to stack the same 2-3 servers...and the rest of us will go on hating the current gamemode).

Edited by Ronin.4501

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

Betas can't come soon enough

What? If they really wanted to take an active attitude on the issue of ''balance'' of teams/servers, we would have noticed at least 1 or 2 initiatives in that direction in recent years. or not? This issue has only been addressed once since WVW has existed. You've gone from a single-team system to a double-team system. To finally land, after years, to a system that no longer has teams? And this never came soon enough? and to say that I would have expected the exact opposite. In a competitive team game, I would have expected continuous and constant work, even in a ''maintenance'' format but still focused on ensuring servers as similar as possible to each other.  I expected to see transfers updated by always different forms of control. I was expecting constant updates on how players are counted, on how the 4 thresholds that define a team are controlled. I was expecting regular 'periods' with a limit on the map purposely decreased to effectively encourage players and groups to redistribute themselves. I expected coefficients that correct the score in reference to the number of players/hours of play, a corrective precisely because equal server are impossible, mathematics in these cases helps you, always, and never makes mistakes. etc etc. 

And does anyone think it's never early enough to get such a deep rework? This is not constantly working for a better 'teams' competitive environment. This is eliminating teams, with the direct consequence of eliminating competition. And do me a favor, please, don't talk to me about Guild Of how much your beautiful guild is and how it has organized itself with other guilds of 500 men. Is this mode called World vs World for a reason? maybe?

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I admit, going to ride the whirlwind for a bit to see what the sorts look like to better provide feedback and push for Alliance logic which is not the same as a 6th Guild slot. Other reason, initial placements I think need a lot of work with bad initial placement it makes matches and resort feel bad since new servers are in the wrong tiers after being created versus creating better matchups. Now granted I may be mental and faced issues like this in the old tourneys and had to adapt when guilds jumped during tourneys in the past. But it is what it is.

I know it's been a long time coming but I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. Real life has been a lot to deal with lately so I've not had much time for GW2 and especially WvW (because the skirmish system makes it feel like it's not worth playing unless I can commit a lot of time in one week). Eventually I want to find a guild to join, but I'm not in a position to do that now, so most likely I'll end up as a solo player at first and hopefully find a guild to join sometime after the beta starts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I know it's been a long time coming but I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. Real life has been a lot to deal with lately so I've not had much time for GW2 and especially WvW (because the skirmish system makes it feel like it's not worth playing unless I can commit a lot of time in one week). Eventually I want to find a guild to join, but I'm not in a position to do that now, so most likely I'll end up as a solo player at first and hopefully find a guild to join sometime after the beta starts.

If you don't have too many pretensions because you just need to have some fun in company and if you want to be together with some faces you recognize, write me in the game. I don't have a clue how it's going to end, but I can't stand the idea of a teammate alone being used as filler.

1 minute ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

If you don't have too many pretensions because you just need to have some fun in company and if you want to be together with some faces you recognize, write me in the game. I don't have a clue how it's going to end, but I can't stand the idea of a teammate alone being used as filler.

lol, and you see why we are different regions and I will claim you as friend. Good hunting!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

What? If they really wanted to take an active attitude on the issue of ''balance'' of teams/servers, we would have noticed at least 1 or 2 initiatives in that direction in recent years. or not? This issue has only been addressed once since WVW has existed. You've gone from a single-team system to a double-team system. To finally land, after years, to a system that no longer has teams? And this never came soon enough? and to say that I would have expected the exact opposite. In a competitive team game, I would have expected continuous and constant work, even in a ''maintenance'' format but still focused on ensuring servers as similar as possible to each other.  I expected to see transfers updated by always different forms of control. I was expecting constant updates on how players are counted, on how the 4 thresholds that define a team are controlled. I was expecting regular 'periods' with a limit on the map purposely decreased to effectively encourage players and groups to redistribute themselves. I expected coefficients that correct the score in reference to the number of players/hours of play, a corrective precisely because equal server are impossible, mathematics in these cases helps you, always, and never makes mistakes. etc etc. 

And does anyone think it's never early enough to get such a deep rework? This is not constantly working for a better 'teams' competitive environment. This is eliminating teams, with the direct consequence of eliminating competition. And do me a favor, please, don't talk to me about Guild Of how much your beautiful guild is and how it has organized itself with other guilds of 500 men. Is this mode called World vs World for a reason? maybe?

Except you know, a 500 man group created by a community of players is still a significantly sized group of players. So teams by that definition still exist. They’re just smaller than before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Except you know, a 500 man group created by a community of players is still a significantly sized group of players. So teams by that definition still exist. They’re just smaller than before.

Except that there is no longer a guarantor, only that there will be groups of 500 in the same way and in the same competition of groups of 50. So good luck with your new scoring system and how someone can relate to any form of 'clearly and numerically different' team competition.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Except that there is no longer a guarantor, only that there will be groups of 500 in the same way and in the same competition of groups of 50. So good luck with your new scoring system and how someone can relate to any form of 'clearly and numerically different' team competition.

There is a guarantee everyone always show up to play on the current linked worlds?

… then why do populations even change?

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

There is a guarantee everyone always show up to play on the current linked worlds?

… then why do populations even change?

No, but there's a guarantee that you can choose any team/server of around 2000 players. There's a guarantee that the other teams/servers will also be built around that number of 2000 players. There's a guarantee that the comparison is based on those entire teams/servers. If we move on to a comparison of all the fragments that make up today's teams, I would like to understand how we do it. Your fragment is 500, mine is 50.

In addition to this we are guaranteed to always find our team/server available there no one kicks you after 1 month because you haven't played I have played ''not meta'' rather than going online after 2 weeks and finding out that your fragment has disbanded (goodbye to competition) because your leader has moved house or has a new girlfriend or any other reason you want to invent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

No, but there's a guarantee that you can choose any team/server of around 2000 players. There's a guarantee that the other teams/servers will also be built around that number of 2000 players. There's a guarantee that the comparison is based on those entire teams/servers. If we move on to a comparison of all the fragments that make up today's teams, I would like to understand how we do it. Your fragment is 500, mine is 50.

In addition to this we are guaranteed to always find our team/server available there no one kicks you after 1 month because you haven't played I have played ''not meta'' rather than going online after 2 weeks and finding out that your fragment has disbanded (goodbye to competition) because your leader has moved house or has a new girlfriend or any other reason you want to invent.

I have no idea what’re even trying to say. Links or WR it’s the same players. Yeah the distribution of them is more random but total population would still be similar.

For the second part, yes that how hardcore guilds work. How many “normal” guilds exist in addition to that? If they kick you out, you where in the wrong alliance guild to begin with. And if they disband? Lol. The amount of guilds that has been created, died or reformed can probably be counted in the thousands yet WvW remains.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5