Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

11 minutes ago, AViegarien.3625 said:

I think I posted this on the last one, but I'll suggest it again in this new thread.

Can we have an option between showing names or not, I was thinking something like what WvW has where hostile forces have a colored triangle above their heads. When there are tightly packed group of enemies it can be it hurts the games' readability to show names cause they all just get stacked on top of each other. I'd like the accessibility of names to determine hostile/docile mobs with out the visual clutter of all the names stacked.

To go with this you could maybe use some colored boarders around the icons to signify if the mob is vet/elite/champ/leg

Don't we already have this?  Or are you wanting something different?

• Show All Enemy Names — Always display enemy names.
  • Show All NPC Names — Always display NPC names.
  • Show All Player Names — Always display player names.
    • When these options are not checked, names are shown on your selected target, on the object under the mouse, on the object to which the camera is facing, and when holding the left Ctrl key (for enemies and objects) and the left Alt key (for players and NPCs).

It exists in WvW but not in PvE, what I'm asking for is 3 options; Show Name, Indicator*, None (*call it whatever)

Let's say you come up on a patrol of inquest, it would be useful information if one or more of them are elite or above. But if the mobs are all clustered together and you have names on all the text will just interfere with each other making almost none of it readable (unless the elites are physically larger and the view angle is such that that mob's name stands out. If you set names to off then you have no idea what you are getting into. Both of these options would require you to select each mob to get the relevant info.

What I'm proposing is a less visually cluttered way to convey important information about the mobs at a glance. It would be easier to judge the number of mobs, if they are hostile, and their ranks** (**assuming they did use the border suggestion)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I don't know if this really fits in QOL but it's something I and I suppose multiple people would like to see:
So there has already been a roadmap for game content released which is great.

What I think a lot of people would like to see is a bug roadmap so it is known which bugs are recognized and are being worked on. This because there are a lot of really old bugs and bugs introduced with the expansions which well negatively impact gameplay in some way. If we report these in the current bug report we only get a message like thanks for reporting but half a year later and it still exists and every 2 weeks it pops up in the bug forum without anything being done about it. (The timeframe here is just an example I know there are bugs that still exist that have existed since the start of GW2).

For me it wouldn't even have to be a bug roadmap but could instead be added in the patch notes or whatever under a known issues section so it's at least known that the bugs are known by the devs. Ideally a planned fix time should be included as example let's take the AMD drivers that do this in the release notes of every driver version:

Known Issues

• Black corruption may be observed while playing Alien Isolation on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition or Alan Wake 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 may fail to launch on RDNA 3 series graphics products when Anti-Aliasing is enabled.
  • Texture flicking may be observed while playing Hitman: Contracts.[Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Intermittent stutter immediately after alt-tab with Performance Metrics Overlay enabled. [Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

Is something like this possible? I mean right now my feeling on the communication of bugs is:
"There is no communication on bugs asides from the occasional reply on some forum topics in the bug forum"
But instead of this <5% of communication on what bugs are being worked on this should ideally be as close to 100% as possible like 90-97,5%. This does not mean all communication should be about bugs but at least commune to the players what is being fixed.

Edited by Ashnod.4365
adding example
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashnod.4365 said:

I don't know if this really fits in QOL but it's something I and I suppose multiple people would like to see:
So there has already been a roadmap for game content released which is great.

What I think a lot of people would like to see is a bug roadmap so it is known which bugs are recognized and are being worked on. This because there are a lot of really old bugs and bugs introduced with the expansions which well negatively impact gameplay in some way. If we report these in the current bug report we only get a message like thanks for reporting but half a year later and it still exists and every 2 weeks it pops up in the bug forum without anything being done about it. (The timeframe here is just an example I know there are bugs that still exist that have existed since the start of GW2).

For me it wouldn't even have to be a bug roadmap but could instead be added in the patch notes or whatever under a known issues section so it's at least known that the bugs are known by the devs. Ideally a planned fix time should be included as example let's take the AMD drivers that do this in the release notes of every driver version:

Known Issues

• Black corruption may be observed while playing Alien Isolation on Radeon™ 7000 series graphics products.
  • Corruption may be observed while playing Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition or Alan Wake 2 with Radeon™ Boost enabled. Users experiencing this issue are recommended to disable Radeon™ Boost as a temporary workaround.
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 may fail to launch on RDNA 3 series graphics products when Anti-Aliasing is enabled.
  • Texture flicking may be observed while playing Hitman: Contracts.[Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Intermittent stutter immediately after alt-tab with Performance Metrics Overlay enabled. [Resolution targeted for 24.5.1]
  • Audio and video may intermittently become out of sync while recording using the AV1 codec in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition. [Resolution targeted for Q3]

Is something like this possible? I mean right now my feeling on the communication of bugs is:
"There is no communication on bugs asides from the occasional reply on some forum topics in the bug forum"
But instead of this <5% of communication on what bugs are being worked on this should ideally be as close to 100% as possible like 90-97,5%. This does not mean all communication should be about bugs but at least commune to the players what is being fixed.

There's this:  https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/sections/360008290973-Known-Issues

6 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Yeah and how much of the current issues is on there exactly:

But instead of this <5% of communication on what bugs are being worked on this should ideally be as close to 100% as possible like 90-97,5%. 

There is no use in a known issues thing if it isn't updated constantly or only contains a fraction of the issues that actually exists. If that list were actually all the issues in game the bug forum would be 95% less topics 🤣.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

They have changed it several times actually. At one time you could buy a GOB with badges of honor, few enough that the badges from  AP reward chests were enough.

They changed it once right forgot about that thanks for the reminder.

Some of these have been said in other posts and threads but I'll double down on them.

UI

• A preview window that is resizable and has a zoom function so we can both see an entire character and zoom in on details
  • A more customizable cursor 
  • Customizable UI (for buffs especially)
    • A dedicated row in the UI for standard buffs
      • Set positions for each so you can tell at a quick glance what you do/don't have
    • A second row that is limited to showing 10 other enchantments at a time (food, banners, etc.) with an option to click for the full list - This would just take up less real estate and be cleaner to read
  • Tags / colors that could be applied to player icons in the squad list that squad leaders could use to identify players based on roles

COSMETICS

• Cosmetic templates
    • An option to save an entire look for future reference
  • Mounts / armor toggles / etc. saved to individual equipment templates

MISC

• Some way in game of finding the location of an item on your account / checking a toon's inventory while playing as another
  • The Jade Bot would be great for implementing a screenshot mode
  • Markers being usable by parties
  • Some love for dungeons, whether it be dailies/weeklies, a "Return to" event for story dungeons, a Rush event, or anything
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I mean, you come up with the idea to "upgrade it", so maybe you could use your imagination to make an actual proposal in line with what you're describing in this post. As it is now, I don't think it needs a buff. If it has a way to go vertically by itself, it becomes better -faster- skycale.

Griffon can already fly basically infinitely.

One idea could be the ability to shoot straight up when on the ground. A 20s or 30s cooldown. Think of this as an opposite ability to how the Griffon can shoot downward while in the air. This will give us a chance to scale up and meet zerg standards in meta events.

Many times I've been stuck having to switch between Springer, Raptor & Griffon just to meet everyone else's Skyscale and sometimes mess up so that I'm late to the Zerg lol (Springer missing a jump or something, for example). I especially run into this issue with HOM, Drizzlewood, other Living World maps. Any map that has those huge disparities between land masses is always a pain to navigate. It doesn't help when you're hit and stuck in combat between trying to switch up mounts.

Would be even cooler if this 'unique ability' required specific foods you have to feed your Griffon (toss it into it's mouth while mounted). 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I have a few requests, so I'll break them down into sections.

Feature request: Arithmetic operations in number input fields.

As a QoL update, I'd like to be able to do addition and subtraction in number input fields, like in the vendor, crafting and especially Trading Post windows.

In the scenario where I'm crafting expensive items, like Gift of Dust, and I'm short of lots of materials, let's say 32/250 Incandescent, 41/50 Luminous, and 38/50 Radiant Dust, it would be much simpler to get the required amount from the Trading Post if I could write [250-32] as the amount, and it would give me 218.

Of course, computers and phones do have calculators, but I wish I could do this operation directly inside the game. Especially when I need to calculate the amounts for 32 different materials for the Gift of Condensed Might/Magic.

Feature request: Skin and mount preview with selectable dyes

I wish the game had a skin preview window where I could freely choose to color the channels with all possible dyes, like in the Hero panel.

Sure, it is possible to enter dyes into the preview window by going to the Trading Post and previewing the dye, but it's clunky and annoying. And currently there's no way of previewing custom dyes on mounts, so you never know what a mount skin will actually look like with the dyes you want to use before you buy the skin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

They changed it once right forgot about that thanks for the reminder.

At least twice actually. There was also a time when you needed a certain WvW rank. I can't remember the details and the wiki talk page on the subject seems to be truncated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nelg.3795 said:

Feature request: Skin and mount preview with selectable dyes

I wish the game had a skin preview window where I could freely choose to color the channels with all possible dyes, like in the Hero panel.

Sure, it is possible to enter dyes into the preview window by going to the Trading Post and previewing the dye, but it's clunky and annoying. And currently there's no way of previewing custom dyes on mounts, so you never know what a mount skin will actually look like with the dyes you want to use before you buy the skin.

Speaking of mount preview, it would be nice to have an option to see what the mount looks like with your character riding it, rather than only the mount by itself.

Fishing:

• let us store baits and lures somewhere else than in inventory
  • remove dusk/dawn req. for specific fishes or make dusk/dawn last at least 20 mins
  • legendary bait/lure would be nice – good material sink
  • fishing stacks are last longer 10 or 20 mins and they persist trough map change

Jade bot:

• jade bot core is account bound or add legendary jade bot core which is account bound
  • rework modules – some will never be used since they are trash compared to others
    • let us change modules out of combat without need to go to workbench

Dungeons:

• replace all armor and weapons on NPC for chests from PvP reward tracks which give same items
    • make all items from the chects as stats select able or change them to skins and add new stat select able items same as we have in WvW

Currencies:

• streamline currencies such as "Testemonis of ..." in WvW and others since it is getting out of hand
  • do not introduce several new currencies every expansion without some additional sink as WvW Dugan NPC
    • great addition to game would be "WvW's Dugan" for SOTO so ppl can use essences for something useful and same NPC for each new expansion with new currencies

Party/Squad update:

• Add option to "mark" ppl in group/squad for example option to change HP bar or name color from preset option so we can sort out groups faster and easier
    • dragging ppl around to different groups based on their roles is not fun, after someone leave squad in middle of run without writting anything in chat and asking for roles in chat is not fun
  • Lieutenant in squad get their own predefined "tag" similar to commander and it is visible same way as commander tag
    • it will improve some meta runs
  • Mentor tag rework
    • Mentor tag work same as commander tag for 5 man and 10 man groups with vote kick feature from fractals

SOTO leggy armor:

• Gift of Mighty Prosperity/Gift of Magical Prosperity please rework it so it is one item and not one or another based on what you want to craft
  • remove last step of creating leggy item being crafting and make it same as all other leggy items being it mystic forge

"return to ..." events

• events are great add more of them for each LW, expansion and core game
  • add map currencies as rewards to "return to ..." achievements 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Can you make invisible walls less intrusive... Or is there a way to see where they are from the skies so don't keep smacking into them in the middle of the zone?  They're often over caves and things that one should be able to fly over 

I want to be able to fly everywhere and if it's a necessary price to pay to fly everywhere  pay it (mounts every zone yes) but it's very immersion breaking to smack into an invisible wall into a middle of a zone or be unable to land on a high place for no apparent reason. (I'd rather see unpolished stuff than smack into things lol)

Also forcible dismount zones are kill zones and really need to be done away with.

Ex jahai bluffs, dredegaunt cliffs, brisban wildlands, gendarran fields, metrica province

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I will take a toggleable magic goggle ability where in universe invisible walls  are remnants of something (aether blade waste? Edge of dangerous leyline energy or magic invisible to the naked eye? Wizard shenanigans?) lorewise as long as I can see the invisible walls that encroach onto typically flyable airspace as a toggleable thing on the map (with the goggles, it could be a thing only once  flying mounts are unlocked) so can stop running into them, knowing that there is a wall at this elevation or something.  Just something less immersion breaking and less of a pain to navigate, if you must invisible wall everything. 

I define typically flyable airspace as anything not at the border of a zone that a player can reasonably expect should be able to fly over. Stuff like surfaces that you can't land on, to be marked. 

The view is pretty from up high. 

(Or you could just adjust the invisible walls to not as interfering or set up a thread we can reply about the most intrusive areas and fix those. It's probably not Most walls that are bad just like a few really intrusive ones in areas that one visits quite a lot. )

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ollie B.8597 said:

You put Veteran Awakened at their full strength to visit the starting areas of GW2...
You want new players to get owned? Why? 

It's so that experienced players have a reason to visit starting zones and mix with newbies. Gw2 is designed so that it's not level by level zone, all zones are visited by all players. Even as an experienced player I am often hanging out in starting zones.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok maybe goggles isn't the best suggestion. 

- Invisible walls over random rocks should be done away with - instead of walls give us a landable ceiling or something.  It doesn't have to be perfect but it's a lot more polished an immersive than invisible walls.  There is no reason I shouldn't be able to fly over skrittsburgh or the thing in the middle of dredgehaunt or caves and random rocks in the middle of the map

- instead of kill zones (forcible dismount) over jumping puzzles (like the gendarran fields SE one) that kill anyone flying at speed over it, make a status/buff applied only in the entrance of the JP that is required to open the JP chest (it could be called the key for all I care) that will clear on mount. A more elegant solution that doesn't kill players or interrupt flight path and break immersion 🙂

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Give us a non RNG way to get our hands on those cool ascended skins that rarely drop from Metas. The Ascended weapons from Dragonfall (and Dragonstorm), Tequatl, Drakkar, the armor from Triple Trouble, and the ascended Soto Meta stuff. (and anything else I missed).  Have successful events drop some currency and make us pay like 300-600 for a weapon or armor piece. Its not like ascended gear is that hard to get that we should be worried about flooding things.

And hey, maybe we can use all the useless T3 essences for the Soto ones. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2023 at 3:42 PM, Deegi.8459 said:

So far, the only way to get gift of battle is the wvw dedicated reward track. With the changes on daily reward system a pve or pvp player cannot easily get it anymore.

I suggest to have a gift of battle reward track for each game mode: wvw (already exist), pvp and pve (can be implemented in addition to other reward track on Drizzlewood coast). 

Another option to allow pvp and pve players getting gift of battle without having to give up their favourite game mode is to allow wvw players to sell it. 

Sure but then can i opt out on doing heart quests as i hate doing so many of them?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

My #1 QOL request: 

I hate that channelled abilities are interrupted if I activate another skill too early.

Provide us with a toggle option in the options menu which allows us to choose whether channelled abilities are interrupted by other skill activations.

A similar issue occurs with various movement skills. I hate that they interrupt all other skills. Give us the option to turn skill interruption off.

(You could also provide a similar toggle option for the heal skill. Allow players the choice as to whether their heal skill will interrupt their other abilities.)

Edited by Barnesy.5839
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Change strafe left and strafe right to aim you in the direction you face.

Example: mesmer dagger 2 has very strict line-of-sight issues. If you're running around cerus for example you will not be able to cast it when strafing since you're not actively facing the correct direction. Togging into actioncam temporarily will fix this for example.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2