Legendary Weapon Starter Kits feel samey

On 5/21/2024 at 12:28 PM, ShroomOneUp.6913 said:

the point is to give people an easy start to get a legendary weapon. if you farmed enough to have all gen 1 legendary weapons then go ahead. make more and sell them...makes them also cheaper on the TP. which makes them EVEN MORE accessible.

I dont recall anyone ever asking for legendary gen 1 weapons to be more accessible, and the flip side is that it makes it less exclusive to have them.  SO there is a negative there that you're ignoring.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I dont recall anyone ever asking for legendary gen 1 weapons to be more accessible, and the flip side is that it makes it less exclusive to have them.  SO there is a negative there that you're ignoring.

I don't see a negative here.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

The sample size of 4 is really small, so unfortunately it seems the results are just anecdotal without any compilation of drop results.

There don't seem to be any drop research pages for the boxes on the wiki, which would at least illustrate truly random drop rates vs. a bias in one direction or the other.

Oh well, in terms of cost::reward they're objectively still a stupidly good deal.

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
typo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I wouldn't consider anything in this game to be exclusive, and am glad it is that way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/21/2024 at 12:19 PM, Player.2475 said:

Half of the new legendaries in every new kit so far have been also in the previous one. Should we just craft legendary weapons to sell for profit, or what's the plan?

I did that. So far have crafted 3 Quips (kept 1), 1 Juggernaught, and 1 Predator. All to sell 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/21/2024 at 2:55 PM, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Yeah, the gift of exploration was fun the first time....

Yeah. Just did Map Completion on 4 of my other characters just to get more Gifts of Exploration. Sooo tedious.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What? I have never given 2 craps if someone does or doesn't have a Legendary weapon of any generation. Do you feel this is some sort of status symbol? That it makes someone with a Leg Gen 1 special or something? Who cares about "exclusivity"?

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I wouldn't consider anything in this game to be exclusive, and am glad it is that way.

well if its not exclusive to some extent, then why dont they just give legendaries out for free, and make them drop from trash mobs in queensdale? or just send us ones in the mail Your logic works both ways.  There is some degree of exclusivity to these weapons and they lowered the bar on that exclusivity by making them easier to acquire from daily rewards

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Well, if you consider hundreds of thousands (pulled # out of my...hat) of Gen1 Legendaries in-game already exclusive, then OK. I have 26 Gen1 Legendary weapons, so I must be some sort of deity in your eyes, I guess?

Is there any way to search for legendary per account on gw2efficiency or somesuch?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

i made my first gen1 before kits were a thing, second with a kit, third without. i have a gen2 as well. its weird and reeks of insecurity that you see them as some sort of status symbol. i hope they make gen2s easier to get next just to mine more salt

Edited by agnlaa.7594
typo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I get the feeling that the ability to salvage Gift of Fortune was taken away because of these Legendary Starter Kits.

If Anet is paying attention to this thread:  PLEASE PLEASE bring back the ability to salvage Gift of Fortune and possibly consider allowing the salvage of other Prosperity gifts too (i.e. Gift of War Prosperity, Mystic Tribute, etc.).  I would be very happy even if you decided to make this possible without the guarantee of receiving all the components back.  A single gift of might/magic or a handful of Mystic Clovers would be better than a gift I don't intend to use.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 5/24/2024 at 10:43 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

well if its not exclusive to some extent, then why dont they just give legendaries out for free, and make them drop from trash mobs in queensdale? or just send us ones in the mail Your logic works both ways.  There is some degree of exclusivity to these weapons and they lowered the bar on that exclusivity by making them easier to acquire from daily rewards

Love this "logic". If it can't be some expensive thing many people won't want to go working on it should be given away for free instead of having a few at half price!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Love this "logic". If it can't be some expensive thing many people won't want to go working on it should be given away for free instead of having a few at half price!

I also like how everyone on here doesnt seem to understand the concept of exclusivity in items, which is part of the desire to obtain these items along with the cosmetic apperance and convenience aspects.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Eh, with the possible exception of some gen 2s (you know the ones), legendary weapons haven't been 'exclusive' for a while. It's really just a question of throwing gold at it, and even before the vault opened, the prices of the necessary components have been trending down while the availability of gold has gone up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I also like how everyone on here doesnt seem to understand the concept of exclusivity in items, which is part of the desire to obtain these items along with the cosmetic apperance and convenience aspects.

Legendaries are not exclusive beyond requiring certain expansions, you can just make a new account, buy HoT and then craft Gen 1 Legendaries. If people were not allowed to craft any of the Legendaries, because each generation was available during certain times then they'd be exclusive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Legendaries are not exclusive beyond requiring certain expansions, you can just make a new account, buy HoT and then craft Gen 1 Legendaries. If people were not allowed to craft any of the Legendaries, because each generation was available during certain times then they'd be exclusive.

so you don't know what i mean by item exclusivity.  When i say exclusive i mean that there is some degree of difficulty in obtaining them (money, difficulty, hours played etc) so it makes it so that the number of people who have the item are limited because it is exclusive in some way.  I never said anything about what you're saying with not being able to craft it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

so you don't know what i mean by item exclusivity.  When i say exclusive i mean that there is some degree of difficulty in obtaining them (money, difficulty, hours played etc) so it makes it so that the number of people who have the item are limited because it is exclusive in some way.  I never said anything about what you're saying with not being able to craft it.

Exclusivity:
1. the practice of excluding or not admitting other things.
2. restriction to a particular person, group, or area.

Use the term correctly or use the correct term. I could say you're a parallelepiped and then go on about how "you don't know what I mean by parallelepiped, I mean a person unnecessearily complainig about Legendaries being obtainable by people"

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Exclusivity:
1. the practice of excluding or not admitting other things.
2. restriction to a particular person, group, or area.

Use the term correctly or use the correct term. I could say you're a parallelepiped and then go on about how "you don't know what I mean by parallelepiped, I mean a person unnecessearily complainig about Legendaries being obtainable by people"

right restriction, that doesnt mean its absolute, you might want to read the definition, it is the correct term. if it was absolute i would have used the word prohibition

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

id say a legendary is more exclusive then a trash drop from queensdale.  See i used the word exclusive correctly in that sentence while making my point.

My friend had a precursor drop from a moa in queensdale and he made it a legendary so I say it is not more exclusive then?

It is alot harder to get tho.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

id say a legendary is more exclusive then a trash drop from queensdale.  See i used the word exclusive correctly in that sentence while making my point.

That is a description of rarity not exclusivity.

Oddly enough though GW2 legendary weapons are in fact exclusive...to players of GW2. So yes there is some exclusivity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, quake.9023 said:

whats the point of repeating some when the rest hasnt been released in vault

Because you can only pick one from each box. What if you wanted two of the choices from the first box?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, costepj.5120 said:

Because you can only pick one from each box. What if you wanted two of the choices from the first box?

I did. The one i did not pick was the one that did not repeat.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 4