Wizard's vault PVE Legednary armor

I just wish to express my disappointment that those making the PVE Legendary armor are getting unfair Wizard vault currency. This is unfair to those that grinded out the WvW/PvP/Raid armors and thus get nothing unless they spend hundreds of mats and gold to merely get what amounts to skins. Personally i think Everyone who made legendary armor should receive the Wizard vault rewards for making Legendary armor or no one should.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 24
  • Sad 1

Which currency are you specifically concerned about?  

Players have to do dailies/weeklies/etc to earn the astral acclaim required, and then save and prioritize how they spend it.  Players are not getting all their mats from the WV lol.   

The other required materials are ground out by repetitive metas, rifts, map completion/lanterns, and the other usual means for crafting a legendary.  Oh and not to mention any materials and currencies obtained via raids or reward tracks.  

Unless you just love the look of the armor or you love achievements, why would you bother crafting them if you have the other sets?

• Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Which currency are you specifically concerned about? 

I think OP is whining that there's an astral acclaim award for crafting a piece of legendary armor. It's...uhhh, 300 AA if I recall correctly? Might be wrong.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

I think OP is whining that there's an astral acclaim award for crafting a piece of legendary armor. It's...uhhh, 300 AA if I recall correctly? Might be wrong.

Ahh!  Thank you for clarifying, I had not really looked at the quarterly achievements this week.  

With that in mind, I have already crafted my obsidian set.  Not planning on doing the other sets for now, and the tier 2 isn't really grabbing my interest.  So if I don't care to do those, for what would amount to a skin as well, then I miss out on 300 AA for the quarter.  Big deal.  *shrug*

• Like 1

This is one of the most ridiculous complaints I've seen from the GW2 playerbase in some time.
The whole point of the WV Specials tab is to get players to engage with the new content. Nothing more, nothing less.
Besides, 300AA is nothing to cry rivers about - you get way more than you need over the course of a season anyways.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 8:20 PM, Pagan Highlander.5948 said:

This is unfair to those that grinded out the WvW/PvP/Raid armors and thus get nothing unless they spend hundreds of mats and gold to merely get what amounts to skins.

How is that unfair? You got your legy armor with all it's advantages years earlier.

Having legy armor 7 years earlier vs. getting 8g worth of Astral Acclaim for crafting the soto one. Yeah, so unfair. 🤡

Another unfair fact for you: Crafting a piece of raid armor costs 450g. 500g for a PvP/WvW piece. A piece of open world armor costs 570-630g
Even with the 8g worth of AA, the open world piece still costs 70-180g more than the other ones.
Yes, this actually is unfair, but not the way you think.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

That reward is barely anything to notice when compared to the cost of acquisition. Also it's basically a repeat of this closed thread:

Special objectives promote newly released -or periodical- content. There's no special objective for other legendaries, because they're not a newly released content. Without change, I find this complaint weird -who crafts legendaries in order to get what amounts to 8 gold?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A ridiculous complaint. If we want to talk about wv inequities we must start with the fact that wvw and pvp players have been left out of the specials tab entirely . . .

Equally ridiculous are the posters pointing out that the OPEN WORLD LEGENDARY armor costs more than the more difficult to acquire versions. You're getting open world leggies. kitten and say thank you . . .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Pagan Highlander.5948 said:

Personally i think Everyone who made legendary armor should receive the Wizard vault rewards for making Legendary armor or no one should.

I feel that WvW and PvP legendary armor should also obtain a title and AP for full sets, just as both the PVE sets do.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Vavume.8065 said:

I feel that WvW and PvP legendary armor should also obtain a title and AP for full sets, just as both the PVE sets do.

It probably would have a title but no AP , since most of WVW/PVP does not give AP. The high AP people usually are PVE players that dabble in competitive modes.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1