Janthir Wilds

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Is there any context for this?

Is it just a random phrase, or was this supposed to be a reply to something else?

There’s a theory we are going to Janthir next. Partly it’s based on the preview pic from a delta and partly the reference in the op which you can discover as a note to Livia that Anise has urgent need of her in the Shining Blade and partly due to the reappearance of the Eye of Janthir in the latest update 

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

There’s a theory we are going to Janthir next. Partly it’s based on the preview pic from a delta and partly the reference in the op which you can discover as a note to Livia that Anise has urgent need of her in the Shining Blade and partly due to the reappearance of the Eye of Janthir in the latest update 

I've only seen the picture (I haven't had time to play the new update yet), which is definitely somewhere in northern Tyria (the continent) but I thought the popular theory was that it's Ascalon. But I'd be happy with Janthir, since it's somewhere we've never been and know relatively little about.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I've only seen the picture (I haven't had time to play the new update yet), which is definitely somewhere in northern Tyria (the continent) but I thought the popular theory was that it's Ascalon. But I'd be happy with Janthir, since it's somewhere we've never been and know relatively little about.

Ascalon and Elona were all initial favourites, but Janthir has been prevailing for a while

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, KindredPhoenyx.8976 said:

Janthir or Woodland Cascades is my bet (relation: Bastion of the Penitent). I really just want something foresty man.

Woodland Cascades has bothered me forever lol, I want to see it.  Forests would be great, especially after the more muted colors of most of SoTO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Futa.4375 said:

It's probably because of a registered trademark that someone shared on Reddit, supposedly the name of the next expansion. Bad name, sadly.

Its possible someone bought the name to try and sell it back to Anet, and I agree, terrible name for an expansion, it is just a map name, nothing interesting about it.

Edited by Vavume.8065
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Personally I would love them to finally connect the portal in north Brisban wildlands to somewhere. I hate that there are at least 3 portal locations that have existed in the game since launch that are not connected to anything. 

Can they spend one update connecting mount maelstrom and field of ruins to elona.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Besides the location and possibke lore and story what do you think the expansion will be about in terms of features? Do you think it will have more strikes than SotO? Will it add new legendary items? I heard it will add more new weapons for each class, which do you think each class will get? Will it also have a hub cuz I hope not. I doubt it will add a new kind of mount so what do you think its masteries will be about?

2 hours ago, Vavume.8065 said:

Its possible someone bought the name to try and sell it back to Anet, and I agree, terrible name for an expansion, it is just a map name, nothing interesting about it.

its been copyrighted by the same company that copyrighted Secrets of The Obscure few weeks/month before soto got revealed. Same font and all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

Besides the location and possibke lore and story what do you think the expansion will be about in terms of features? Do you think it will have more strikes than SotO? Will it add new legendary items? I heard it will add more new weapons for each class, which do you think each class will get? Will it also have a hub cuz I hope not. I doubt it will add a new kind of mount so what do you think its masteries will be about?

From an interview we know that Anet wants to focus on weapons in the next expansion.
"We plan to focus on weapons for our next expansion, but we have a fun surprise in store to keep things fresh and exciting"

But we don't know what that exactly mean.
It could mean new weapons, but it also could mean anything else. For example new skills for existing weapons.

New legendaries are a no brainer I thing. My bet is on trinkets or a back item for the next expansion. Who knows, maybe they go crazy and give us a legy breather or legy infusions. 😄 

As for the amount of strikes, maps and so on I'm looking forward to the retrospective blog they announced.
I really hope for some changes. Minimum 1 additional strike for update 1 or 2 and a complete change of the 3rd map release structure is what I hope for.
Releasing a map in two parts worked fine for Bjora and Drizzlewood. Releasing in more parts worked for for Dry Top and Silverwastes because the interval was only 2 weeks.
But it didn't work for Soto. The interval was way too long and the map pieces we got were way too small.

Posted (edited)

I don't care if it's the Isle of Janthir returned from the White Mantle or whatever.

I think the key takeaway from SOTO is lets step back from requiring a skyscale for metas, requiring it for travel and pushing people to their limits navigating with the skyscale.

Lets get back to the ground. Lets get back to raptors, springers, skimmers at most with the skyscale making things easier but it's not necessary.

Also the "do random events" to progress the story at certain points should be abandoned.

Edited by Leger.3724
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Leger.3724 said:

I don't care if it's the Isle of Janthir returned from the White Mantle or whatever.

I think the key takeaway from SOTO is lets step back from requiring a skyscale for metas, requiring it for travel and pushing people to their limits navigating with the skyscale.

Lets get back to the ground. Lets get back to raptors, springers, skimmers at most with the skyscale making things easier but it's not necessary.

Also the "do random events" to progress the story at certain points should be abandoned.

Largely agreed, except the story most definition needs spots in it where you go away and either explore maps or explore new gameplay. This has existed since HoT (learn gliding mastery before you can do the next story step, etc) and I'm fine with it because one of the things Anet do best is open world and it is fun exploring new zones. Anet just need to try to make sure these gaps in the story while you do general exploration/gameplay are aren't too jarring.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leger.3724 said:

Unless they decide to introduce a new way of unlocking the Skyscale with every expansion going forward, I think we're safe from it becoming truly required elsewhere.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

From an interview we know that Anet wants to focus on weapons in the next expansion.
"We plan to focus on weapons for our next expansion, but we have a fun surprise in store to keep things fresh and exciting"

But we don't know what that exactly mean.
It could mean new weapons, but it also could mean anything else. For example new skills for existing weapons.

New legendaries are a no brainer I thing. My bet is on trinkets or a back item for the next expansion. Who knows, maybe they go crazy and give us a legy breather or legy infusions. 😄 

As for the amount of strikes, maps and so on I'm looking forward to the retrospective blog they announced.
I really hope for some changes. Minimum 1 additional strike for update 1 or 2 and a complete change of the 3rd map release structure is what I hope for.
Releasing a map in two parts worked fine for Bjora and Drizzlewood. Releasing in more parts worked for for Dry Top and Silverwastes because the interval was only 2 weeks.
But it didn't work for Soto. The interval was way too long and the map pieces we got were way too small.

we're currently missing: legendary breather, legendary infusions, legendary bags, legendary food, legendary universal upgrades (gemstones, crests, and all that). on top of this, they still need to add jeweler 500 and put something on it, and we're also missing ascended runes and sigils as everything is exotic quality only.

i think there's still alot for them to add to the game! i feel like most players forget there's still more ascended stuff to add, too.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

we're currently missing: legendary breather, legendary infusions, legendary bags, legendary food, legendary universal upgrades (gemstones, crests, and all that). on top of this, they still need to add jeweler 500 and put something on it, and we're also missing ascended runes and sigils as everything is exotic quality only.

i think there's still alot for them to add to the game! i feel like most players forget there's still more ascended stuff to add, too.

Tbf, most of what you list wouldn't make sense.

Breather and infusion would make sense. Breather because it's an armor piece and infusion because it's needed for fractals, gives extra bonuses and account bound ones would be a big convenience.

Legendary bags would makes sense only to a certain degree. Choosing the type of a bag (normal, invisible etc.) would be neat, but it's not that important. Usually you choose it once and that's it.

Legendary food is pretty much nonesense. Same for upgrades like gemstones and crests. They are irrelevant outside of early game.

Jeweler 500 would only make sense if there is something to craft on that level. Getting Jeweler 500 only for the sake of having all crafting professions at 500 is useless.

Ascended runes/sigils would mean a new tier and that would mean each rune/sigil would get stronger.
That's not necessary as both are balanced as endgame items already.

It makes no sense to add this or that only to "complete" things like crafting 500 or ascended equipment items.
The goal should be a general improvement of the game / gameplay, not bringing everything to the same standard.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Tbf, most of what you list wouldn't make sense.

Breather and infusion would make sense. Breather because it's an armor piece and infusion because it's needed for fractals, gives extra bonuses and account bound ones would be a big convenience.

Legendary bags would makes sense only to a certain degree. Choosing the type of a bag (normal, invisible etc.) would be neat, but it's not that important. Usually you choose it once and that's it.

Legendary food is pretty much nonesense. Same for upgrades like gemstones and crests. They are irrelevant outside of early game.

Jeweler 500 would only make sense if there is something to craft on that level. Getting Jeweler 500 only for the sake of having all crafting professions at 500 is useless.

Ascended runes/sigils would mean a new tier and that would mean each rune/sigil would get stronger.
That's not necessary as both are balanced as endgame items already.

It makes no sense to add this or that only to "complete" things like crafting 500 or ascended equipment items.
The goal should be a general improvement of the game / gameplay, not bringing everything to the same standard.

i'm not sure what you mean by this post, are you forgetting that players have alts? for example its far easier to make one legendary bag than a half dozen 32-slot bags. this goes for food as well, as players wouldn't need to maintain several stacks of food across every character.

i could say alot about the rest but i'm tired so i think i'll just leave it at that.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 7:51 PM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i'm not sure what you mean by this post

Literally what I said with the very last sentences. Completion or uniformity shouldn't be the goal.

Making Jeweler just because it's the only crafting profession left without lvl 500 makes no sense. It needs a reason to bring it to 500. An actual reason.

Implementing ascended runes and sigils just because other equip items has ascended rarity as well, makes no sense. As said, exotic runes/sigils already are balanced for endgame. There is simply no need for ascended ones. There is no need for stronger ones and making them account bound is unnecessary as all runes/sigils are already.

Similar for gemstones, crests and such. They are irrelevant outside of early game. Implementing legendary versions for the sake of having legendary versions, is just unnecessary. It's wasted ressources.

As for legendary food the first question is, what should it even improve? Feast and extra stats is what ascended food does already. Unlimited uses would be too OP. Choosing the bonus when using, so you can stack all food in one slot? Could be a thing, but guild storage already does that with asceded food.

Edited by kiroho.4738
spelling
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 6:54 AM, Randulf.7614 said:

any links?