Did someone request beach wear? [Merged]

11 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

I'm quite happy the female charr get the male version of this armor. They'd look absolutely ridiculous with a bikini top. And the sweeping sarong would clip horribly with their legs, just like every single other piece of armor with a coat that goes below the waist. No thanks! The male version looks lovely on them.

That's a fallacy. Like saying a frog would look ridiculous in a dress. Of course it would, that's not the point. You're applying human standards to a non-human. There's plenty of ways they could have given the Charr two sets of clothing, like the other races got, without giving them a bikini top.

Seriously, leave "human female" standard out of it. The other races got two different sets. The Charr got one. Would have been nice two have gotten two, like the others. Even if it was just a shirt with a different pattern, or a different style of shorts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

33 minutes ago, NeutralBurn.3829 said:

Sarongs, in real life, are gender neutral. It literally means "covering", and is worn by men and women. Why only females, then?

Traditionally the sarong is worn by men as a kilt or women as a skirt. The "Tropical Legwear Skin" for human females looks more like a pareo. But a pareo is also traditionally worn by men and women - only in Western culture it is more commonly worn by women as beachwear. This may be the reason why Anet did it this way.

Nevertheless, I agree with you, this skin (and also the hat versions) should not be gender-locked.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Omega.6801 said:

They should cost more. After all, they're the bestest skins ever and people were willing to pay whatever it takes for them. 😆

If only they were that good. 😄 I find these fan art suggestions much more appealing and prettier: https://i.imgur.com/nBzeWSw.jpeg

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

I've been looking at the new swimwear and was just about to pull the trigger and buy it for my main account, but something caught my eye.  The description says "single-use skins" (or words to that effect).  What exactly does that mean?  Is the skin only for one character and not account-wide?

• Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Kiof.5710 said:

I've been looking at the new swimwear and was just about to pull the trigger and buy it for my main account, but something caught my eye.  The description says "single-use skins" (or words to that effect).  What exactly does that mean?  Is the skin only for one character and not account-wide?

It unlocks the appearance account wide.  The single use means that you get one use free - no transmutation charge needed for that one time.  It was an odd way for them to write it but, you do get it unlocked for all characters

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Kiof.5710 said:

Single use refers to the items you get in your inventory to apply the skin once without spending transmutation charges.

But when receiving the items, they are unlocked into your skins collection, so you can use them as usual with transmutation charges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, windyweather.1238 said:

So I'm guessing all the bikini strings have snarled up the gem purchase gears, which is why we can't actually buy this nice item.

All I get are 102's.. Then the CC shows, then a 102. Overloaded with Bikini purchases are we?

I got the same message yesterday, but it does nothing to prevent the purchase. Just click "OK" every time it shows up and finish the transaction.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I got the same message yesterday, but it does nothing to prevent the purchase. Just click "OK" every time it shows up and finish the transaction.

Same here. I believe that is just a glitched error message. So continue to click ok and you can purchase from the store as per normal. I hope.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1