ranger spear gives stealth...if this spear has a leap finisher ranger will be unbeatable in a duel

17 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Its still funny to me people don't have a problem with LB force firing at 1700 units. If it isn't meta...

15 hours ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Say whatever you like but there are tons of reasons / weaknesses explaining why it has only showed up in tournaments on 2 builds for more than 10 years (and 1 was only for the push).

Sorry, I don't really want to say anything related to these quotes in particular, but your whole conversation inspired my silliness and I needed to make this to share:
https://ibb.co/vHGYn0P

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Blowing cds/dodges becuase a ranger is force firing 1.5-1.8k auto attacks @1500+ is toxic on maps where it is possible, ontop of that, the ranger can be standing on an unblockable trap, with one on cd to chain, or if the first one failed, which can shut down quite a few TP jumps for 0 effort. The only reason it isn't more toxic is becuase of the way the maps are, and that the dmg isn't high enough to be outright OP, just toxic. Lock that range to 1500, which is still outside most abilitys, and ranger still has traps, maces, bird kiting/stealth escape, etc. LB 4 could then maybe justify an unblockable buff. 1500 is still not a joke, its outside almost every ability range in the game, giving you 300 unit safety zone with 0 counterplay outside of projectile denial.

There is also nothing wrong with using the wow comparison, open maps + ranged specs very quickly become oppressive to melee heavy specs.

Yes. It is rare to see the full range being exploited when the décor obstructs the projectile. It contributes to the counter.

I would say that anet is already (too) careful when they look at lb. The incoming lead the wind update confirms that. The only direct buff I can remember since PoF is the cd reduction on barrage. Even if barrage coeff got nerfed later I would say that it improved a lot the experience. Before you would be locked out of a weapon for way too long if the opponent had projectile hate (and PoF meta had way more than people seem to remember).

While having a higher range makes it stand out the difference between playstyles is part of most games, even non rpg. You can have an option that is faster, one is safer, one is constant and the dev try to make (most of) them worth taking. 

We just have to look at 2 other power range builds, rifle thief and scepter elementalist. Both have shorter range but more than make it because they are stronger elsewhere. I could go into details but in exchange of the range they gained increased damage, utility, synergy with traits. It is fine for lb to have a longer range because it is more restricted and ends up providing less to its team.

Edited by aymnad.9023

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Read all the counters again instead of trying to find an argument where there are none.

there are counters to eating trash, would you still like it being served tho?

Edited by XECOR.2814

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, aymnad.9023 said:

Yes. It is rare to see the full range being exploited when the décor obstructs the projectile. It contributes to the counter.

I would say that anet is already (too) careful when they look at lb. The incoming lead the wind update confirms that. The only direct buff I can remember since PoF is the cd reduction on barrage. Even if barrage coeff got nerfed later I would say that it improved a lot the experience. Before you would be locked out of a weapon for way too long if the opponent had projectile hate (and PoF meta had way more than people seem to remember).

While having a higher range makes it stand out the difference between playstyles is part of most games, even non rpg. You can have an option that is faster, one is safer, one is constant and the dev try to make (most of) them worth taking. 

We just have to look at 2 other power range builds, rifle thief and scepter elementalist. Both have shorter range but more than make it because they are stronger elsewhere. I could go into details but in exchange of the range they gained increased damage, utility, synergy with traits. It is fine for lb to have a longer range because it is more restricted and ends up providing less to its team.

All I am saying is it is a badly designed weapon that is mostly held in check through maps/projectile denial. Although it is held in check, that does not change the fact it is a badly designed weapon.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

All I am saying is it is a badly designed weapon that is mostly held in check through maps/projectile denial. Although it is held in check, that does not change the fact it is a badly designed weapon.

It is not because different design achieve different goals as I tried to explain with scepter and rifle both having less range but more options... but feel free to suggesr improvements (I am willing to bet people will fight against any most likely yourself included)

Edited by aymnad.9023

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

It is not because different design achieve different goals as I tried to explain with scepter and rifle both having less range but more options... but feel free to suggesr improvements (I am willing to bet people will fight against any most likely yourself included)

Its pretty obvious 1500 units is more than enough, almost nothing in the game can counter pressure from that range. A cap at that range might justify something like LB4 stealth (if I recall) being a close range unblockable, as a more reliable defense tool. Outside of that it is difficult to suggest much else, becuase if you buff dmg too much, it will become too strong in melee range once factoring in other ranger weapons/utility + a very viable ranged weapon. This is the problem of the weapons design, relative to the range of all other abilitys/weapons, it is in the toxic zone, DH is bad enough.

If it were dropped to 1200, and now in range of many other weapons+tps, then you can talk about some real changes to its dps/application?

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

LB4 stealth (if I recall) being a close range unblockable, as a more reliable defense tool.

LB4 doesn't give stealth...

No one runs LB, it's been trashed out of the game.  Mobility creep / stealth / active projectile hate / gap closers are out of control.  Longbow has no place, doesn't matter if it's 2k range.  

If someone is losing to LB in 2024, they are bad, full stop.  

4 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

If it were dropped to 1200, and now in range of many other weapons+tps, then you can talk about some real changes to its dps/application?

Will do little, same as dropping shortbow from 1200 to 900 did.  Range dropping is just a hacky way to solve a problem especially when as mentioned above, the weapon has been practically phased out of the game (entirely, as no one in PvE is running longbow outside open world LARP'ing).  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XECOR.2814 said:

there are counters to eating trash, would you still like it being served tho?

W... What are the counters to eating trash? Do you like.. Take a pill before you start eating to make digestion easier? 

@Gotejjeken.1267 i mean also ...... why would you Run longbow when you have 2 other weapon sets that are both realy realy strong..... GS was one of the (If not the) best weapon in this Game. Mace Mace is still more than strong. Hammer on untamed with its "I sweap the pet and deal 12k aoe for pressing 1 Button" is also realy strong". Like ngl rangers weapons are all ways stronger than most weaps from other classes xD

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/6/2024 at 8:39 PM, rui falo.1097 said:

This will make me even more superior in combat than I already am. I can't even be defeated currently, and with a new ranged option I may be approaching my final form of skill. I've already achieved perfection in PVP.  Im arguably the best player in the world. 

🏹🏹 [ R A N G E R    D A N G E R ] 🏹🏹

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Gotejjeken.1267 i mean also ...... why would you Run longbow when you have 2 other weapon sets that are both realy realy strong..... GS was one of the (If not the) best weapon in this Game. Mace Mace is still more than strong. Hammer on untamed with its "I sweap the pet and deal 12k aoe for pressing 1 Button" is also realy strong". Like ngl rangers weapons are all ways stronger than most weaps from other classes xD

Because you enjoy the unique playstyle that it can provide? Strange concept I know, just like I mostly play berserker with hammer.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ehecatl.9172 said:

W... What are the counters to eating trash? Do you like.. Take a pill before you start eating to make digestion easier? 

Unironically yes. Heard a doctor saying he just takes a particular indigestion pill and eats whatever street food he likes.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

LB4 doesn't give stealth...

No one runs LB, it's been trashed out of the game.  Mobility creep / stealth / active projectile hate / gap closers are out of control.  Longbow has no place, doesn't matter if it's 2k range.  

If someone is losing to LB in 2024, they are bad, full stop.  

Will do little, same as dropping shortbow from 1200 to 900 did.  Range dropping is just a hacky way to solve a problem especially when as mentioned above, the weapon has been practically phased out of the game (entirely, as no one in PvE is running longbow outside open world LARP'ing).  

"Lb4, If I recall"

LB should be trashed out of the game at its current range access. I mean kitten, are you really suggesting it should be a viable meta weapon at 1500+? That alone would be rediculous, before pets/alt weapon bar/utility slots.

And btw, shortbow is by far the weapon I have used the most on rev. I also played ele scepter for just as long, and can tell you with 100% certainty, I feel the lower range of shortbow. Many high power co weapons/Tps outrange it, and it matters, a lot.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 2

On 6/6/2024 at 7:38 PM, Eddie.9143 said:

smokescale stealth with leap or blast finisher, stealth from spear ability, stealth from longbow....stealth from longbow AGAIN using quick draw...
ranger spear gives stealth...if this spear has a leap finisher ranger will be unbeatable in a duel

One can hope >:-}

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Ranger needed a support/condi ranged aoe weapon...not another power gimmick to win some random 1v1 in the middle of nowhere, of which nobody cares except some pvp carebear

The last thing ranger needs is more things 😜 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Ranger needed a support/condi ranged aoe weapon...not another power gimmick to win some random 1v1 in the middle of nowhere, of which nobody cares except some pvp carebear

Ranger needs pet ferrets to fart into the enemy's face with F2. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

This player clearly hasn't made it past tutorial stage, where you actually read the weapon tooltips and skills? Shortbow is ranged and condi with sustain. You want additional support because you can't support yourself or other players with exceptionally timed performance of PVP mechanics. The only thing ranger needs is is that spear to be released. That will be the final puzzle piece for a lot of Pro tier players and their respective builds. I personally look forward to being invulnerable. Considering that I already am....

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1