Please Remove Stealth and Stability and Rebalance

Stated in topic but i think we have played this toxic path long enough. At this point there isn't any other way to look at it. These two mechanics should've been removed years ago. Also combat in general needs to be slowed back down to where it was at launch or closer to launch. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 8

2 hours ago, Scryeless.1924 said:

At this point there isn't any other way to look at it. These two mechanics should've been removed years ago.

stability was more or less removed when they first turned it from a duration based boon into a stacking boon that loses stacks on CC and when PoF was new and scourge not nerfed enough.
problem then is that in group vs group fights especially at larger scales one side will just get stunlocked, ofc one could simply not stack and spread out more but that would invalidate most support options and group synergies, even the old way of healing with water blasts.
so how do you picture larger scale encounters without stability to work?

as stealth is also mostly irrelevant at larger scales, i would assume this request is from a roaming perspective. but you do have to keep in mind that balance in the mode will affect all scales and so far balance usually took larger scales into account before roaming, i don't really see that changing.

• Like 2

"Remove stability". Do you even play the game? To remove stab, you need to almost entirely remove CC, otherwise it's unplayable at anything above roaming level.

Then we have to trust Anet is capable of rebalancing every class and specialization, rework most skills, almost every weapon, relics, runes, sigils. I can only laugh at the thought.

• Like 2

I have like one quick source of Stability at any given time and I'm keeping it. Most of my movement abilities don't have evade. Stability is a preparation anyway, not a clearance, so that's something you can figure out by just tuning into patterns and body language for a bit. 

18 hours ago, Scryeless.1924 said:

Stated in topic but i think we have played this toxic path long enough. At this point there isn't any other way to look at it. These two mechanics should've been removed years ago. Also combat in general needs to be slowed back down to where it was at launch or closer to launch. 

I encourage Anet to disable Stealth Mechanic for 1 month trial to witness milestone records of financial sale profit increase including gaining milestone records of new players including returning players.

It will be a Win Win for Anet, Guild Wars 2 Community and securing Guild Wars 2 reputation in the Gaming Industry.

Then remove Stealth Mechanic Permanently and Entirely from the game.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

14 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

stability was more or less removed when they first turned it from a duration based boon into a stacking boon that loses stacks on CC and when PoF was new and scourge not nerfed enough.
problem then is that in group vs group fights especially at larger scales one side will just get stunlocked, ofc one could simply not stack and spread out more but that would invalidate most support options and group synergies, even the old way of healing with water blasts.
so how do you picture larger scale encounters without stability to work?

as stealth is also mostly irrelevant at larger scales, i would assume this request is from a roaming perspective. but you do have to keep in mind that balance in the mode will affect all scales and so far balance usually took larger scales into account before roaming, i don't really see that changing.

There needs to be a middle ground to balls of CC immune players to people getting easily stunlocked.

I would suggest limiting the amount of stab stacks you can get to 2-3, and allow you to dodge through all CC. Moving the game in a more active gameplay direction instead of passive boons doing everything for you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zekent.3652 said:

An attack missing or being blocked not revealing is crazy.

Blocked sure. Missed attack no. There are other games where you can play on rails or with auto pilot. 

No need to remove stealth entirely, instead they can change stealth mechanics. Utilities and elites that directly stealths can stay but stealthing with smoke fields should change. For Example: While out of combat, leaping or blasting a smoke screen stealths you, while in combat it gives you dark aura.

Stability is also an unnecessary boon indeed. Specially at this tanky meta while many players are running celestial (I even see roaming minstrels sometimes). At this point there are 2 ways to make combat experience better: 

- Remove stability or

- Bring back cc damage

Edited by Chrome.9841
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Draygo.9473 said:

There needs to be a middle ground to balls of CC immune players to people getting easily stunlocked.

I would suggest limiting the amount of stab stacks you can get to 2-3, and allow you to dodge through all CC. Moving the game in a more active gameplay direction instead of passive boons doing everything for you. 

the problem with large groups and AoE attacks/support is, that there is not much in between CC immune and stunlocked.

maybe it would be an option if hard CC skills were no longer able to affect more than 1 target, then one could cut down on stab a lot, maybe replace some with allied stunbreak if needed so it is at least a reaction thing and not just a matter of keeping stab up.

11 hours ago, DoctorExplosion.4136 said:

"Stealth is so broken and unfair" I say, as I make use of my powercrept teleports, cycle my 8 high impact weapon skills that are limited by cooldowns as opposed to "initiative", and protect myself with a near endless loop of blocks.

wheelbender moment

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, DoctorExplosion.4136 said:

"Stealth is so broken and unfair" I say, as I make use of my powercrept teleports, cycle my 8 high impact weapon skills that are limited by cooldowns as opposed to "initiative", and protect myself with a near endless loop of blocks.

Translation:
My broken is broken, buuuuuut... Look at this broken! It can do stuff and other stuffs, see?! Broken!!! Pwetty pwease, spare my broken and look at this broken instead, pweaaasseeee!! 😭

• Haha 3