Warrior defenses keep getting nerfed, but it's all they have.

Warrior has no stealth, shadowstep, or the other things the meta classes have. It wad only barely meta because it had decent defense. But then you all cried about it because you couldn't outplay it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Errrr... you mean aside from the literal chain CC you till your dead capability 🙂

*in the distance*

"hi we have to

• hug you 

and

• you have to have no panic buttons

to die. Theres a whole game outside of that situation where we struggle."

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

somehow warriors have been constantly getting nerfed for the last like, two years
and are constantly at risk of being made completely irrelevant again

but still somehow have been either the meta sidenoder or second best that entire time

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

somehow warriors have been constantly getting nerfed for the last like, two years

but still somehow have been either the meta sidenoder or second best that entire time

The mechanics are so basic all they really do is mess with numbers, yet the underlying issue of foolproof mechanics are left unchanged. A spec like SPB, even if it took a 20% dmg reduction, would still be more useful to stall caps, than to play something like hammer cata with more dmg, but you die for missing 1 combo.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shagie.7612 said:

because everyone is hit and run and nobody can really cap the point while having a chance to not get instantly erased by multiple people with glass builds from miles away

many can 1v1 warrior, but nothing else can really handle the pluses from the roamers' destructive power..(probably due to it's default high toughness and HP which helps it from being surprise deleted by all the stealth/blink/range nukers)

that's my guess, you need someone to cap the point, but it's not like warrior are surviving too much either tho from the mAT matches i saw.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Silly billy, the warrior off meta builds get nerfed and the boring facetank ones get made stronger, or repackaged and sold in an expansion.

When the boring facetank ones get nerfed because people realize they don't like fighting brick walls for like, tenth time this year, there's no fallback because the offmeta stuff has been catching weird nerfs that whole time. 

Is simple. If you remove supports from a bridge, the bridge gets weaker even if it still stays standing. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

When the boring facetank ones get nerfed because people realize they don't like fighting brick walls for like, tenth time this year, there's no fallback because the offmeta stuff has been catching weird nerfs that whole time. 

ok but they've also nerfed those ones like a hundred times now and it's still not caused warrior to disappear
even the ones that got nerfed hard enough to no longer be meta are still actually decent, like czerk

maybe "it's all they have" isn't actually very accurate maybe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shagie.7612 said:

ok but they've also nerfed those ones like a hundred times now and it's still not caused warrior to disappear
even the ones that got nerfed hard enough to no longer be meta are still actually decent, like czerk

maybe "it's all they have" isn't actually very accurate maybe

All the viable builds use the defense line because strength, arms and to some extent tactics are unviable for competitive

They've all been tanks. Every last annoying one. 

Op is correct. Warrior not vanishing completely from play doesn't mean the assessment is incorrect.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Huh? Did i missed a secret balance patch or something? Cause warr will not get nerfed in its defence way as far as i know xp. 

@Flowki.7194 actually spellbreaker got one of the most fair and easy ways to outplay it and its simply..... not get hit by its burst skills xp. Also his full counter can even get played around if your good enough ^^ Its just the only e-spec mechanic that relies on timings and enemys Skill/knowing to make it use full while other specs can simply instant benefit from their mechanics

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

SPB mechanics don't actually justifiy the level of outplay it takes, just like DH, virt, and WB to a lesser degree.

And thief, and mesmer, and necro, and revenant, and ranger.

Ele is the only balanced class.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

No no no, see, you have to preface it by saying it took a lot of skill to be a hammer catalyst pre-nerf
And you have to create some very thinly veiled reasoning as to why signet cata was fine too, but pretend like you supported those nerfs just for some plausible deniability

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

No no no, see, you have to preface it by saying it took a lot of skill to be a hammer catalyst pre-nerf
And you have to create some very thinly veiled reasoning as to why signet cata was fine too, but pretend like you supported those nerfs just for some plausible deniability

Bashing head on keyboard and swimming in stabi is hard tho. /s 

The headache really adds alot of depth to the build. /s

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 2

Anet designed themselves into a corner with all the damage creep and obligatory reliance on blocks/invulnerability to ever stay afloat. I don't think they will realistically nerf actual Defense traits from Warrior anytime soon or any of the get out of jail cards from other professions for that matter, at least not before they nerf damage all across the board which would probably feel so bad they won't do it anyway. In other words we can expect years of number crunching patches going forward when the new PvP mode is out 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Huh? Did i missed a secret balance patch or something? Cause warr will not get nerfed in its defence way as far as i know xp. 

@Flowki.7194 actually spellbreaker got one of the most fair and easy ways to outplay it and its simply..... not get hit by its burst skills xp. Also his full counter can even get played around if your good enough ^^ Its just the only e-spec mechanic that relies on timings and enemys Skill/knowing to make it use full while other specs can simply instant benefit from their mechanics

Full counter is not hard to proc, its just like a dodge, or a reflect/block for timing, and many abilitys give it a free proc. I also dueled and was talking with a high plat player for some advice on dealing with it. He said the only real workaround for full counter is to "predict" when you think the SPB is going to use it and essentially fake cast him into poping it. You think the effort to use full counter (which is just a block/reflect mentality) justifies that level of counterplay? Or in other words, the warrior is not expected to use p2 level game play to duel me (fake casting for pops), while I am expected to use p2 level play to duel it, as a g3 spb. The plat guy even said he plays spb becuase of its simplicity, his words.

I have played SPB, I don't know why SPBs want to make out it takes some special extra something for fullcounter, when it is basically the same as dodge/reflect timing. You also say other specs freely benefit from mechanics, yet warrior is one of the worse offenders of that, as the fewer abilitys used procs multiple effects/traitlines.

8 hours ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

And thief, and mesmer, and necro, and revenant, and ranger.

You seem to have the wrong idea. The only decent specs/classes on that list are pistol necro/revenant, in terms of counter play or effort to play.

Thief is low risk, virt is low effort sustain, mirage is cheap daze jumps, and ranger has basically become SPB 2.0. Eles are now either spamming arcane shields like virts little sister, or going full condi bunker like scourges little sister, both of which are a step down from the older power virsions of cata.. and a step toward more brainded gameplay of lower effort/lower punishment.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

@Flowki.7194 question how is full counter an evade when you can litterly hit though it and even interrupt it

Aside this ^^ you just said it litterly yourself a spellbreaker might be easy to play but only against peops that hit in your full counter complete mindless^^

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Flowki.7194 question how is full counter an evade when you can litterly hit though it and even interrupt it

Aside this ^^ you just said it litterly yourself a spellbreaker might be easy to play but only against peops that hit in your full counter complete mindless^^

I don't think you follow what I mean. Timing counter is no different to timing a dodge on any spec, or a reflect/block mechanic. Its the same thing, different effects.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2024 at 12:21 PM, Kitty.4806 said:

Warrior has no stealth, shadowstep, or the other things the meta classes have. It wad only barely meta because it had decent defense. But then you all cried about it because you couldn't outplay it.

Warrior Profession Design is Astrosish especially with the return of Gunflame. 

Warrior Profession is just about on the same Toxic level playing field as Guardian Profession -Willbender.

There should not be any Sympathy for Toxicity.

Remove Warrior Profession Defence and Offence..

Leave no room for Exceptions

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

I don't think you follow what I mean. Timing counter is no different to timing a dodge on any spec, or a reflect/block mechanic. Its the same thing, different effects.

well you could try to not proc full counter

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 5:21 PM, Kitty.4806 said:

Give up the HP and relentless stunlock then.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Warrior Profession Design is Astrosish especially with the return of Gunflame. 

Warrior Profession is just about on the same Toxic level playing field as Guardian Profession -Willbender.

There should not be any Sympathy for Toxicity.

Remove Warrior Profession Defence and Offence..

Leave no room for Exceptions

Blatant forums troll. Gunflame is the weakest warrior skill on the weakest weapon it has. It's useless. minor condi ability on a power weapon. AND if anyone in its path is evading, it hits nobody. Great bug.