This new system is absolutely trash....fights are one sided

The matchups are all screwed. all 4 of my accounts and its nothing but one alliance logging in for uncontested fights and flipped since defenses have been nerfed into nothing and boon balls the new meta. All my guilds are logging in, just doing dailies and logging out in favor of other games. Anet wanted to kill wvw and they finally found a way to do it. No one I talked to is investing in the expansion except for pve players. 

Nothing but outmanned borderlands, horrible balance and its just not worth doing anything. Ive already farmed legendary sets so pve holds zero interests. Just going to play xbox or something, do dailies and see if a new game will show up with decent large scale fights. 

• Like 17
  • Sad 1

Absolute Garbage.. no coverage, totally out of balance, no community cos everything is now private tagged unless your able to discord for the 30minutes there is any kind of content, which is normally just a mates smash n grab before its back to not being able to defend or capture anything due to unbalanced matchup. Must admit I did actually see a waypoint finally in our keep late on today.

• Like 23
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Batsu.3489 said:

Very good one don't you think Anet ? https://imgur.com/a/CRgUiAQ

Anything else would have been more surprising as that meant Lyssa would have finally started to reach its “proper” tier - which given the previous 3 weeks gave no indication of approaching.

If no team can challenge them in the coming weeks it only means that yes, that team got randomly stacked. Anet knows that too.

There is a funny situation in EU at the moment though - except for T1 all leading teams are red ie the team that came from the tier below (even T6 though it of course never came up).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

4th week, we finally dropped in NA tier 3 and we are still stuck with a dominating server that came from tier 4... too many strong teams begun in lower tiers and too many weaker teams begun in higher tiers. Even the old system was doing better than that. Hard to believe it wasnt intentional from ANET 😕

Edited by manu.7539
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Batsu.3489 said:

We're in the same matchup. I just logged in and saw that red is again moving big blobs on all maps, leaving us no room to breath. Well 5min. later I logged off again to complain here 😉 

Well I go out to do some work now. Time much better spent there than in GW2.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Lenoir.3579 said:

We're in the same matchup. I just logged in and saw that red is again moving big blobs on all maps, leaving us no room to breath. Well 5min. later I logged off again to complain here 😉 

Well I go out to do some work now. Time much better spent there than in GW2.

I was in your boots last week and i switched to pve. It was fun and something different. Thou i played less too, becouse wvw addiction wore off.

• Like 5

Well I spend more time doing things other than GW2 like working OT, reading, playing other games, and going out. So in some ways this system is not entirely trash, ANet is just looking out for our personal health

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Mallune.6804 said:

Well I spend more time doing things other than GW2 like working OT, reading, playing other games, and going out. So in some ways this system is not entirely trash, ANet is just looking out for our personal health

They care ❤️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well, after reading post after post I see things have not changed in 12 yrs., people still complain about the small stuff and others complain about the breakdown of an already broken system. Anet couldn't fix a sandwich right. There's a group of people sitting in a room making decisions about a game that they don't even play, if you think Cecil plays this game or any other you are entirely wrong, I see people talk about dev tags, think about when the last dev tag you saw, I haven't seen one in months, and the last one was Roy, saw Grouch about 6 mths ago. What they only have 2? And we hope these people pass back what is happening but apparently, they don't, because they found a stacked server, Roy and his gvg buddies formed that boon ball and that's where he stays. If Anet cared about their game there would be a dev for every server, team or whatever you wanna call it. Or they would just read and listen to what is being said in the forums. When you log in to find 2 servers both stacked pretty heavy, and they are fighting your team but not fighting each other blatantly in front of you and the numbers show it, that's pretty disheartening. I think Anet has finally destroyed WVW. This team of so-called developers has got to be the worse, I have seen in years. Some people don't wanna play anymore since the kills was changed to only matter with a 2-hour period. The final fall of GW2

• Like 11
  • Sad 3

I don't really understand what was even the point of doing this whole thing when it took like less than half a day to become same crap show as it was before except now the old community feeling is dead and gone completely...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2024 at 5:21 AM, Batsu.3489 said:

We were worse when we had Mag week before in NA servers 🙂

Anyway, wvw is a 24/7 game mode which, depends on your team combination, players may exp being out-number-ed just because other team(s) may have higher concentration of players at certain time. 2 Weeks ago, we lost both HBL garri and EBG keep almost everyday to an enemy team but eventually we just pull out the top in score at the end of the week. I would think it's because that enemy team has most of their player base in the NA prime time but our team kind of being distributed among different time slots. Some teams may also have more guilds toward doing gvg than PPT. I have seen commanders refused to rescue t3 garri or keep because they're doing gvg. I would say.. .all of these are more like how players engaging with each rather than a systematic issue that new system introduced.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 4:53 AM, urd.8306 said:

Hidden tags always were a stupid idea. If you play a mmorpg with large scale fights you should be at least be able to see where players from your team are.

It took a lot of time to get to hidden tags. There was a number of goals to them. Before hidden tags you might have too many that lead to players following the wrong tag, tags asking people to get away from them, main tags losing people since they respawned and just went back to the nearest tag, tags calling other tags out, guild groups that wanted more visibility in their own directions, havocs wanting more directional indications and so fourth from there. 

Now your main issue might be that the main tag is invis which is I agree a downside. Are there options to adjust the system, maybe.  But you might better be served to start a separate thread for that topic.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spell check fail
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

It took a lot of time to get to hidden tags. There was a number of goals to them. Before hidden tags you might have too many that lead to players following the wrong tag, tags asking people to get away from them, main tags losing people since they respawned and just went back to the nearest tag, tags calling other tags out, guild groups that wanted more visibility in their own directions, havocs wanting more directional indications and so fourth from there. 

Now your main issue might be that the main tag is invis which is I agree a downside. Are there options to adjust the system, maybe.  But you might better be served to start a separate thread for that topic.

Nah, he's right that hidden tags were a stupid idea.  Guilds did just fine before not running any tag.  They'd form parties and just call target on the driver.  Now with hidden tags, the forum gets filled up with complaints about it as if getting rid of them is going to do anything other than force guilds that want to remain hidden to just do what they used to.

Besides, I see where other players from my team are in my mini-map just fine.

/cynicism

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

About hidden tags, reason I liked absence of them is that groups were forced to coordinate with teammates on map. They could tell where they are, and if they are, on the map, and they had to deal with issues. Nothing like good old "Why are we queued....?" or "Where did our allied guild go to"

What I mean to say is that it forced groups to clash with each other verbally until one side yielded or compromise was reached. Now I am aware some guilds were tired of new players or trolls around them, but the beauty of words is that they can deal with those problems.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

About hidden tags, reason I liked absence of them is that groups were forced to coordinate with teammates on map. They could tell where they are, and if they are, on the map, and they had to deal with issues. Nothing like good old "Why are we queued....?" or "Where did our allied guild go to"

What I mean to say is that it forced groups to clash with each other verbally until one side yielded or compromise was reached. Now I am aware some guilds were tired of new players or trolls around them, but the beauty of words is that they can deal with those problems.

When I pugmand I run visible, when I havoc I run invis. My havoc doesn't need to distract peeps from main tag. Already saw this week multiple tags asking each other to leave maps. That was main tags and havocs conflicting while trying to share info. Also saw 3 main tags all on same map leading to more chaos. No invis tags were needed and still are. The question is should they be limited in some senses.

12 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Nah, he's right that hidden tags were a stupid idea.  Guilds did just fine before not running any tag.  They'd form parties and just call target on the driver.  Now with hidden tags, the forum gets filled up with complaints about it as if getting rid of them is going to do anything other than force guilds that want to remain hidden to just do what they used to.

Besides, I see where other players from my team are in my mini-map just fine.

/cynicism

lol, you.

Somebody save me from this match up, Player Balance isnt equal after 2 days all of Domain of Anguish players stopped to play. Mirror of Lyssa has 400K total point while Great House Aviary has 172k and Domain of Anguish has 163K.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, sduFire.8420 said:

Anyway, wvw is a 24/7 game mode which, depends on your team combination, players may exp being out-number-ed just because other team(s) may have higher concentration of players at certain time. 

Sure haha : https://i.imgur.com/9pyxjnm.png

There is absolutely no time in a day we can possibly get close to these guys. I played 1 hour of WvW this afternoon without getting a single kill to get my daily done, we're outnumbered no matter where, no matter when.

Maguuma was tier 1 in NA at least, this is tier 3 EU after 3 weeks because apparently their algorithm judged Mirror of Lyssa should be starting in the lowest tier...

Edited by Laumes.7258
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

When I pugmand I run visible, when I havoc I run invis. My havoc doesn't need to distract peeps from main tag. Already saw this week multiple tags asking each other to leave maps. That was main tags and havocs conflicting while trying to share info. Also saw 3 main tags all on same map leading to more chaos. No invis tags were needed and still are. The question is should they be limited in some senses.

It's a real problem that players aren't notified immediately and clearly by the UI if a commander designated their group as Havoc or for another purpose and those other tags asking people to leave map for space need to learn WvW game mode instead of trying to get the game mode to learn how their basic kitten wants to play. I guarantee if any of them get to put their entire guild on a map it won't be the factor they need to sort that map out. 

I'd ignore all that and tag up and drag aggro all over. If you're trying to be low key, downsize to group.

3 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

It's a real problem that players aren't notified immediately and clearly by the UI if a commander designated their group as Havoc or for another purpose and those other tags asking people to leave map for space need to learn WvW game mode instead of trying to get the game mode to learn how their basic kitten wants to play. I guarantee if any of them get to put their entire guild on a map it won't be the factor they need to sort that map out. 

I'd ignore all that and tag up and drag aggro all over. If you're trying to be low key, downsize to group.

This kind of behavior was the norm when we didn't have invis tags. It's just with the WR we now have more players from different servers mashed together and different servers handled it differently. I think if we removed invis tags it would be worse.  The old joke used to be when someone asked if there was a tag on map, could call out everyone go visible and then, now everyone tag up. The map was flooded and it was a fun by also showed how many actual tags were out there. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

This kind of behavior was the norm when we didn't have invis tags. It's just with the WR we now have more players from different servers mashed together and different servers handled it differently. I think if we removed invis tags it would be worse.  The old joke used to be when someone asked if there was a tag on map, could call out everyone go visible and then, now everyone tag up. The map was flooded and it was a fun by also showed how many actual tags were out there. 

There should be a lot of tags all over a map all day. People shouldn't tag up in WvW if they don't want to take second and explain to players what they're up to or to get out of their circles. If they don't want to teach, don't be a commander. If they don't want people following, downsize to group size. 

I get why people feel like they need it right now, but until we get legit open world, Anet needs to quit letting guild and squads feel like WvW maps are their private maps. It's crazy that maybe the biggest points of contention in WvW is between teammates over map limits or lack of respect for the activity and teamwork some groups like to employ. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

Been playing more wvw lately, so more experience of the new system than I had before.

It sucks even worse then I feared.

We went from a server where I knew when pug commanders played, had them on my friends list, knew the discords, could almost always find an open tag running. it was fun, it was approachable, it was casual friendly.

now...no open tags at all. its all hidden serious guilds, no constant discords like server ones to join. no consistancy in commanders.

Just when you start to learn who is about...the matchup will change and back to square one.

Its not just ripped up communities that developed over years, its ripping them up on a regular basis so no community can ever form again.

this is perhaps the worst MMO decision since wildstar devs decided to go ultra hardcore.....

• Like 8