Why would you make it last 40 days!?!?!?

I'm an OCX player that wasn't able to find an OCX guild in time. My match up is super low pop. There was almost no one running during prime time NA usa hours. It's even more dead during my time slot and I have to wait 40 days to change guilds that I'm set to. That's stupid and unfair and poorly planned and i'm pissed.

• Like 12
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

You had more than enough time and several betas to find a guild that suits you. 

So first your speaking from a place of ignorance. Your assuming everyone has tons of free time to devote to searching for a guild.

Even if I or many others did have as much time as you seem to assume I did while working a full time job you are over simplifying.

I searched in game, here and on reddit to find a guild. We have a lot of players who don't even watch you tube they only learn from asking others for help in game.

Guilds don't join server web pages like they used to.

Try thinking before you speak.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Arenanet have posted the schedule of updates (relinks) for the next few months. The pattern looks to be the last Friday of each month.

In order to align against this there is either a very short two week period, or a longer period of ~6 weeks. The latter has been chosen.

You also have 40 days to now find a new guild in your current match-up by joining open tags and seeing which guilds like your play style and are recruiting. Try this forum on reddit as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/guildrecruitment/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

I get it. Not everyone watches the schedule or knows there is a beta coming. I logged in today to do a little WVW and was surprised to see this, and that I'm in a crappy match up. 40 days, wow... I'm pretty much done with GW, this is about it for me.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, SnowPumpkin.1809 said:

I get it. Not everyone watches the schedule or knows there is a beta coming

This only shows how disconnected people are from their WvW-communities.
We have known for YEARS now that it will eventually come

And we have known for over half a year (shortly before the previous temporary beta in January) that WR would come this year. 
We´ve also been told in March that the next beta is intended to be permanent
And finally, we got noticed in May, that WR is coming with the exact date of yesterday. 

So, you had over a month to prepare from the last anouncement. This was also constantly discussed every time new info dropped within the WvW-communities. Don´t pretend there was no way for preparation, because.... there was FAR more than enough time and opportunity to prepare. If there weren't, all those "alliances" that exist now and are properly organized couldn´t exist (and there are quite a lot of them actually). 

Don´t blame your inability, des-interest or laziness to organize with other people on anyone else than yourself. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

One of the things I always liked about GW2 is that I could take a break from the game and come back at any time without losing a step.  The only aspect of the game I have enjoyed regularly over the past couple of years has been WvW.  So as a casual WvW player, I can't just be part of a small guild?  After a 3 month break, I walked into this buzzsaw. I'm certainly not going to volunteer to be farmed for the next 40 days....80 days.....120 days...

Edited by Jeff.6537
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3

You talk like you're the only one on that server that deserves a better matchup but fail to recognise that there are other player too that suffer from bad matching.

Sure anet could've made a better effort to balance the servers but now it is what it is, and you can help fix it by playing as best as you can filling the statistics for a better next  match.

Just please anet, don't wait 40 days till we get things fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

On 6/15/2024 at 11:38 AM, Custodio.6134 said:

This only shows how disconnected people are from their WvW-communities.
We have known for YEARS now that it will eventually come

And we have known for over half a year (shortly before the previous temporary beta in January) that WR would come this year. 
We´ve also been told in March that the next beta is intended to be permanent
And finally, we got noticed in May, that WR is coming with the exact date of yesterday. 

So, you had over a month to prepare from the last anouncement. This was also constantly discussed every time new info dropped within the WvW-communities. Don´t pretend there was no way for preparation, because.... there was FAR more than enough time and opportunity to prepare. If there weren't, all those "alliances" that exist now and are properly organized couldn´t exist (and there are quite a lot of them actually). 

Don´t blame your inability, des-interest or laziness to organize with other people on anyone else than yourself. 

Sorry, but some of us are casual players that play on and off, and that should be allowed it's a game!!!! Not all of us are addicts who watch forums and news constantly and stay up to date with the games we play. If your a serious player that revolves their life around gaming, great for you, but we are not all like that. I don't feel the need to join any guilds and make a commitment, I shouldn't have to. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, SnowPumpkin.1809 said:

that should be allowed

It is allowed. 

We had years of advance warning but if you choose to ignore it (and it's been on the launcher which you use to log in to the game, not just forums) that is your prerogative. It's allowed. No one is stopping you. But it does mean choosing to not having access to some information. Reading a notification  on the launcher once or twice per year does not make you an addict.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

On 6/15/2024 at 1:59 PM, One more for the road.8950 said:

Uh, the team or world lasts for 40 days.

The match-up doesn't.

We'll go up and down like usual on Friday.

Op was asking when they could switch "servers". That's at re-sort. First one is longer than the normal 4 weeks. 

On 6/16/2024 at 5:53 PM, Jeff.6537 said:

One of the things I always liked about GW2 is that I could take a break from the game and come back at any time without losing a step.  The only aspect of the game I have enjoyed regularly over the past couple of years has been WvW.  So as a casual WvW player, I can't just be part of a small guild?  After a 3 month break, I walked into this buzzsaw. I'm certainly not going to volunteer to be farmed for the next 40 days....80 days.....120 days...

You can still be part of small guild or even not in a guild. But if you were used to see familiar faces from your off and on visits you may not see that now. Think fight club as a reference.

1 hour ago, SnowPumpkin.1809 said:

I don't feel the need to join any guilds and make a commitment, I shouldn't have to. 

You still don't need to. Watching there are still a lot of players floating in the maelstrom. Not in a guild, in a guild, or small guild or independent guild up to max sized guilds. Just expect it to be a bit rough.

13 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Op was asking when they could switch "servers". That's at re-sort. First one is longer than the normal 4 weeks. 

Yeah, but the one above me said MU lasted 40 days. Guess I forgot to quote.

On 6/15/2024 at 4:18 PM, SnowPumpkin.1809 said:

I get it. Not everyone watches the schedule or knows there is a beta coming. I logged in today to do a little WVW and was surprised to see this, and that I'm in a crappy match up. 40 days, wow... I'm pretty much done with GW, this is about it for me.

12 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

You still don't need to. Watching there are still a lot of players floating in the maelstrom. Not in a guild, in a guild, or small guild or independent guild up to max sized guilds. Just expect it to be a bit rough.

Just FYI you can quote 3 different people without making 3 separate comments.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Morvran.8265 said:

Just FYI you can quote 3 different people without making 3 separate comments.

I try and not lump replies since it may be different replies and points to different posters. But TY I do know we can multi-quote. 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2024 at 2:53 PM, Jeff.6537 said:

I mean sure this relink  is too long but...

Are you going to expect them to put developing the game on hold just because you're not there? Nobody's that important.

There's also no problem with playing in a small guild since that makes sure your guild stays together though I suppose that depends on what casual activities in WvW are to you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:
On 6/16/2024 at 11:53 PM, Jeff.6537 said:

One of the things I always liked about GW2 is that I could take a break from the game and come back at any time without losing a step.

Are you going to expect them to put developing the game on hold just because you're not there? Nobody's that important.

Why do you attack other players just because they have an expectation that you apparently don't like?

GW2 is/was known as an on/off game and was sometimes advertised as such, where you can take a break from playing without losing anything. That's why there was a lot of criticism of Season 1 (not from me, but from other players) because you couldn't play individual episodes and couldn't experience the content if you couldn't play in a narrow time frame. That's why Anet changed that again in later seasons.

The fault here therefore lies not with the players who are demanding something supposedly outrageous, but with Anet, because Anet's changes were not adequately communicated beforehand to those players who are not regularly online or in the forum.

Would an email like "important changes to WvW - choose a team/guild," with explanations to the account email address be too much to ask? I don't think so.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zok.4956 said:

The fault here therefore lies not with the players who are demanding something supposedly outrageous, but with Anet, because Anet's changes were not adequately communicated beforehand to those players who are not regularly online or in the forum.

They announced it early enough on the website. We had several betas before where everyone interested in WvW could find an alliance. I joined my alliance many months ago. 

Sorry but the fault lies with the players who didn’t care and are now complaining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6