Nvm Spear is fine <3

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, EdgeBade.3749 said:

Saying it sometimes kind of works in certain situations if you try really really hard and squint your eyes, pretty much sums up playing a warrior these days. 6.5 indeed!

Yeah.  I would rate it lower if the last couple of years werent spent making do with adequate.

Account for jading 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

3 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

its a common theme it seems with war that if you want to do damage you're pigeon holed into berserker.

get used to glowing red because thats every dps spec!

trust me berserkers don't do damage either in pvp

9 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Personally, my standards for the expansion-selling new weapon feature are higher than "slightly better gunflame".

Agreed. 

Don't get it mistaken, I'm trying my best to be as generous as possible. 'its playable and does something" is a very low bar to stumble over. 

Rifle also works... but that doesn't mean it is good or useful against players who know what they are doing. If spear was shipped in its current form and people would learn how it works (and how to fight against it), the weapon would be as useful as rifle. The artificial limitations and lack of imagination for warrior spear is obvious.

Also, I think people would prefer if spear was 9/10 or 10/10 instead of 6.5/10.

1 hour ago, cryorion.9532 said:

Rifle also works... but that doesn't mean it is good or useful against players who know what they are doing. If spear was shipped in its current form and people would learn how it works (and how to fight against it), the weapon would be as useful as rifle. The artificial limitations and lack of imagination for warrior spear is obvious.

Also, I think people would prefer if spear was 9/10 or 10/10 instead of 6.5/10.

Also agreed.

all the hate only because it is actually the first time warrior actually receive something that has high entry demand, high skill floor. so most people will suck at it without knowing it's potential. and never think it's their own problem, due to warrior generally just getting low skill floor low skill ceiling weapon that boost low skill player confident way too much

dunning kruger effect going full force right now in the forum.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

all the hate only because it is actually the first time warrior actually receive something that has high entry demand, high skill floor. so most people will suck at it without knowing it's potential. and never think it's their own problem, due to warrior generally just getting low skill floor low skill ceiling weapon that boost low skill player confident way too much

Warrior spear doesn't have a high skill demand. It's got a couple of skillshots, a disengage, and enhancements to most skills when used at close range. There's also no mechanic where one skill charges up another like most spears have.

Don't get me wrong, I like this about it, but whatever problems it might have, having a high entry demand is not one of them. It's probably the lowest skill floor spear in the expansion.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

No mate, but the true main class Warriors are getting sick to support this game and get only nothing good in the end ... turn this "warrior" in a cheesecake of all cakes its just enough ... no love, no excuses, no real changes for better.Just get blind, pay / support them, and go to hell with your class ... See the major differences in what the designs are even if its a beta ... Trust me there is 90% chances this nightmare first look at this Warrior Spear to remain just as Bad as it is now. You wanna beg for 10 x Z (years) balance patches for a fix just to show us how good they are with balancing things around? No thank you we just supported the game expansion in day 1 to get the wanted respect in fair equal design in day 1. Can't add more to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

It might be difficult for you to believe, but PVE is probably 90%+ more populated than PVP/WVW, so the overwhelming majority of feedback you read is from that perspective. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765

16 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

It might be difficult for you to believe, but PVE is probably 90%+ more populated than PVP/WVW, so the overwhelming majority of feedback you read is from that perspective. 

I mean, have you seen the complaints about the lack of a PvP population the past few years? WvW at least is still rather populated.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I am updating my opinion to "lol, lmao" after some new information came to light.

It seems the devs do listen after all in some respects

What information would this be?

What wisdom did Lighter show you?!

Edited by WingSwipe.3084

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

What information would this be?

What wisdom did Lighter show you?!

So, while the spear does look quite clunky at first glance, there are some benefits to it.

1.) Harriers toss does not require you hit an enemy to activate burst traits, so rampup for berserker's power and adrenal health is easier, paired with an evade. This is something we've been asking for for a while, and may help strength work its way back into play.

2.) During my duels, I also discovered [a certain skill] can be stowed mid execution to put it on interrupt cooldown, which has [a certain benefit].

3.)  spear 4 pairs nicely with cc. It resets you out of cc, but trades the cc for immob, which is also useful for burst setups. 

Assuming none of the above are accidents and make it to live, spear probably ver good. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

So, while the spear does look quite clunky at first glance, there are some benefits to it.

1.) Harriers toss does not require you hit an enemy to activate burst traits, so rampup for berserker's power and adrenal health is easier, paired with an evade. This is something we've been asking for for a while, and may help strength work its way back into play.

2.) During my duels, I also discovered [a certain skill] can be stowed mid execution to put it on interrupt cooldown, which has [a certain benefit].

3.)  spear 4 pairs nicely with cc. It resets you out of cc, but trades the cc for immob, which is also useful for burst setups. 

Assuming none of the above are accidents and make it to live, spear probably ver good. 

You know kitten well that those first two items are not intended by the devs are will either get fixed prior to release, or fixed between release and the following quarterly balance patch, with it happening sooner depending on how much the PvP cries about them.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You know kitten well that those first two items are not intended by the devs are will either get fixed prior to release, or fixed between release and the following quarterly balance patch, with it happening sooner depending on how much the PvP cries about them.

No~ I don't know kitten well~

If it's not intended to work like that, then the devs should take the hint and adjust the functionality so that those first two items are intended or the spear functions similarly, instead of quickly butchering warrior weapons with no tradeoff in functionality as they often do. My opinion on the spear depends on whether or not those are on purpose. 

also spear count as melee weapon that benefit from warrior's sprint

59 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 i also like how everyone just says its a bad just because its not good as a rifle like glass burst build xp. Seems like not everyone has tried it with Spellbraker and Defence yet ^^

yea, i played my gunflame 4 signet sunless build but with spear, it's not one hit wonder, but it can still delete people and actually able to keep up the pressure from range and i was able to swap gs for staff, because spear function in all range unlike rifle that basically get kitten in melee, and core burst is good too. definitely a more functional glass canon, that's not just a one hit.

if you can combo 5 2 and burst together, you delete people way faster than gunflame with bigger radius too, i already did more multi deletion than on my rifle, due to no one-hit that just get dodged. multi hit and bigger radius really helped.

it's better against people who can actually dodge gunflame/arc(render the entire build useless)

Edited by Lighter.5631