no more keep perma tappers

Dose the sword show up still even though the wp is not contested? That may take a bit of time for ppl to get use to i can see some one seeing sword on the keep thinking they cant wp in and walk there hehe.

13 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

This is a bad change for a number of reasons. Post your likes or dislikes in the main thread since more of chance for notes to be collected there. 

This is a great change for a number of reasons 

• Like 9
  • Confused 3

This is again something that makes me wonder.

infact, i am astonished by it.

Now „tactical tapping“ was alright. I remember trying to take something and tactical tapping the nearest keep so the defenders need a longer way to get there. Cool element. Now if you wanna do that quick, you almost need 2 players to build up a cata but it’s doable.

i am astonished that there are people who just do nothing else but tabbing…

like those brain/afk treb shooters that keep shooting for 20 minutes even if the wall is long gone.

or those guys who do nothing else than get the northcamp, hide, get it again, hide again etc.

i always wonder cause i would be bored as hell if I’d do that.

“oh but i am working in homeoffice and just tab all 5 minutes to get participation“…

i know i know. Work when you work, play the game when you play the game. It’s silly. But eh… everybody on their own huh.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Now if you wanna do that quick, you almost need 2 players to build up a cata but it’s doable.

It's not like we dont know how. You'd only need a standard cata and 2 people. 

Zergs are already woefully ineffective with how they manage their people, them having to dedicate a few people that does a little more than me see guard me smash then run wouldnt really be a bad thing, would it? 

Just writing about it make me miss the old focus party.

19 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It's not like we dont know how. You'd only need a standard cata and 2 people. 

Zergs are already woefully ineffective with how they manage their people, them having to dedicate a few people that does a little more than me see guard me smash then run wouldnt really be a bad thing, would it? 

Just writing about it make me miss the old focus party.

That’s true. I had 1 comm that was like „well grp 1 and 2 go do that while the others do this“ shenanigans.

99% of all commanders are more like „stay on my tag no matter what“ nowadays.

i don’t think this change will have that much of an impact except that „casual tagging bmby walking by“ stops which i think is good but what do i know. x)

6 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Now „tactical tapping“ was alright. I remember trying to take something and tactical tapping the nearest keep so the defenders need a longer way to get there. Cool element. Now if you wanna do that quick, you almost need 2 players to build up a cata but it’s doable.

Or, you know, have a camp with Dune Roller and hit a wall or gate with 4 - 5 autos from that. If you do a gate and it doesn't get repaired, it sounds like just hitting it with normal attacks should also contest as long as it is under 98%.

3 hours ago, igmolicious.5986 said:

Or, you know, have a camp with Dune Roller and hit a wall or gate with 4 - 5 autos from that. If you do a gate and it doesn't get repaired, it sounds like just hitting it with normal attacks should also contest as long as it is under 98%.

Or use the mount chain pull on a gate after killing the guards. I think it just takes 5 chain pulls to get a t3 keep's gate to 97%. This is a method everyone can do if they invest some WvW Ability Points into it.

11 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Sure name them.

It allows attackers to actually have siege built AND doing damage before the enemy knows something is up.  Instead of "the guard sneezed, waypoint contested, someone checks just in case" we have now.  So, it benefits attackers as they can kill guards, drop siege and already be doing damage before anyone realized something is under attack.  Note of major importance, you can flip a T3 tower from siege drop to lord dead in 25 seconds (keep in 45), and it takes 30 seconds for a contest to appear.  Attackers now have even more time to setup before something shows as contested.  With regards to keeps/waypoints, now attackers can't just walk by a guard to stop a fight from happening.  Ride by a guard, move to the tower nearby, so they can fight doors and NPC's.  The new system will still let people waypoint to keep to fight back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

It allows attackers to actually have siege built AND doing damage before the enemy knows something is up.  Instead of "the guard sneezed, waypoint contested, someone checks just in case" we have now.  So, it benefits attackers as they can kill guards, drop siege and already be doing damage before anyone realized something is under attack.  Note of major importance, you can flip a T3 tower from siege drop to lord dead in 25 seconds (keep in 45), and it takes 30 seconds for a contest to appear.  Attackers now have even more time to setup before something shows as contested.  With regards to keeps/waypoints, now attackers can't just walk by a guard to stop a fight from happening.  Ride by a guard, move to the tower nearby, so they can fight doors and NPC's.  The new system will still let people waypoint to keep to fight back.

Also benefits defenders, particularly on home borderland where they might be defending multiple objectives, and having that WP in a T3 keep stay open can help them move to defend more effectively.

Edited by igmolicious.5986

12 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Oh hai!

Do you want to discuss this? Please enumerate your thoughts. 

Because in the current state of the game with mounts, stealth, and mobile classes, it is way too easy to tap a keep and there is basically zero counterplay.

I have a guldie that kept garri  tapped for over an hour on  a willbender; don't even need stealth to troll, and killing him did nothing because 1.) he can aggro guards before he dies and 2.)  he would just go straight back up to tap it. Add mounts in, and this is a very low risk activity.

And I am sure you know about what a dune roller can do, but that at least requires commitment and some degree of skill.

Plus random nonsense like skritt or something putting swords is silly anyways.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

.Ummm.....did you miss quote me as as that was the point?

11 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Because in the current state of the game with mounts, stealth, and mobile classes, it is way too easy to tap a keep and there is basically zero counterplay.

I have a guldie that kept garri  tapped for over an hour on  a willbender; don't even need stealth to troll, and killing him did nothing because 1.) he can aggro guards before he dies and 2.)  he would just go straight back up to tap it. Add mounts in, and this is a very low risk activity.

And I am sure you know about what a dune roller can do, but that at least requires commitment and some degree of skill.

Plus random nonsense like skritt or something putting swords is silly anyways.

I will adjust as needed. They aren't actually addressing WP taps as people expect.  Hence my concern that more will see it as is keep fine. And then lose it.

While roaming, target rich, while havoc, target rich, while pugmand, speed bump. My 2 cents.

3 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Hence my concern that more will see it as is keep fine. And then lose it..

I still don't even get how you reason.

Today you can look at something contested and go nah prolly just a thief running past to the already contested camp or whatever. It’s also easy to “hide” siege on one side and pretend to poke a guard on the other, fooling defenders for a little while if they just saw the poker. You also have the delay which means siege can already be hitting without it even being contested.

With the change something has hit the doors or walls. Naturally someone should check it ASAP. Maybe it’s just a fool on a warclaw or two peeps on a cata sure. Maybe you need to keep a closer eye on it for 3m. But you did get alerted of something more substantial than a guard dying. You don’t “suddenly” loose something like this.

If you never look at the map well that’s on you not the system.

• Like 3