ANET should pull the 16th patch

Walls are broken.

Swords do not pop. They are broken.

Also, you fought all weekend very hard to get a nice victory point lead - and one (!) skirmish today at 'prime time' ruined it all. Because we are facing servers who roll around with blobs, while we never had one on our own.

This patch is really really bad and should not be allowed to fester any longer. It needs to be pulled.

People told ANET that the victory point changes as proposed were a bad idea. But they still went ahead. So mad. 

Pull this patch forget that it exists and do the things that MATTER:

Thiefs&mesmers glitching into objectives. 12 YEARS and no fix. This is ridiculous and in all seriousness embarrasing. If you can not fix structures, remove ports and portal skills.

REWARDS are a DISGRACE. Even bumped up by 100% they would be low compared to PVE - and maybe a bit ahead of PVP. Another embarrasing moment.

Willbender. This thing needs to be banned. In its current form it has no right to be allowed into wvw. Redo it or nerf it into the ground then bring it back. But we are telling you that since launch of EOD and what did you do? YOU BUFFED IT. Showing that noone at ANET has a clue what is REALLY going on. Newsflash: there are more things than rolling around in 50 player boonball blobs. I know, a mighty surprise. Pro tip to Cal&co: just go into wvw and ROAM. Do it on any non eod class. Have fun with the willbenders, harbingers and deadeyes destroying you. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

Willbender. This thing needs to be banned. In its current form it has no right to be allowed into wvw. Redo it or nerf it into the ground then bring it back. But we are telling you that since launch of EOD and what did you do? YOU BUFFED IT. Showing that noone at ANET has a clue what is REALLY going on. Newsflash: there are more things than rolling around in 50 player boonball blobs. I know, a mighty surprise. Pro tip to Cal&co: just go into wvw and ROAM. Do it on any non eod class. Have fun with the willbenders, harbingers and deadeyes destroying you. 

Oh they know full well what they are doing, and dont let anyone tell you any different.

Its been buffed too many times for this to be coincidental at this point.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

Walls are broken.

Also, you fought all weekend very hard to get a nice victory point lead - and one (!) skirmish today at 'prime time' ruined it all. Because we are facing servers who roll around with blobs, while we never had one on our own.

1 ye broken.
2 whats the problem? u morning / night cap but u cant win a fight when its prime time? so why u think u should move up the ladder when next servers u meet in theory are even stronger.
u dont bring anything in the tiers upwards u should go down until u can manage to hold ur self during prime time.
infact u make the tier boring if u would move up cus ur not even present during prime time.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

I agree with pulling EWP. The community failed so hard at a simple concept (dont pull when enemy on it) that ANET had to add more EWP cause community to kitten to understand how to use it.

Oh you know you like that one, now there are three shinnies when testing.

3 hours ago, cryorion.9532 said:

While you are at it, also pull the february 2020 balance patch but only for warrior so I can oneshot all those annoying overpowered fotm builds with Gunflame, thanks.

lol, the time when it hit players twice once on the front and once while passing thru. That was magic. Needed fixing but magic there for a bit.

On 7/17/2024 at 8:06 AM, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

Willbender. This thing needs to be banned. In its current form it has no right to be allowed into wvw. Redo it or nerf it into the ground then bring it back. But we are telling you that since launch of EOD and what did you do? YOU BUFFED IT. Showing that noone at ANET has a clue what is REALLY going on.

To be fair, I roamed a bit with bunch of people, and I rarely saw willbender. Not saying it isn't powerful because I have seen a willbender successfully pulling 1 vs 5 fight but from what I observed high damage or sustain builds exist in all professions. Some will oneshot you, some will never die. Stuff you said existed even before EOD. There will always be profession that goes ahead of others. You just gotta figure it out by roaming more often.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, cryorion.9532 said:

While you are at it, also pull the february 2020 balance patch but only for warrior so I can oneshot all those annoying overpowered fotm builds with Gunflame, thanks.

Cant allow that, threatening the fotm is a crime punishable by getting your playstyle nerfed into being obsolete.

Edited by WingSwipe.3084
Speeeeelling and being unreasonably angry.

3 hours ago, flyingplanet.6912 said:

To be fair, I roamed a bit with bunch of people, and I rarely saw willbender. Not saying it isn't powerful because I have seen a willbender successfully pulling 1 vs 5 fight but from what I observed high damage or sustain builds exist in all professions. Some will oneshot you, some will never die. Stuff you said existed even before EOD. There will always be profession that goes ahead of others. You just gotta figure it out by roaming more often.

I think part of the problem is not more so that "high damage or sustain builds exist in all professions," but rather that willbender and co. (necro essentially) do not have to sacrifice much or even do much to reach those levels. Other classes have to sacrifice survivability in order to dish out decent amounts of pressure on their opponents, for example. Others have to do really well-timed skill activations, positioning, etc. to do the same. Meanwhile, willbenders can bring you from full health to zero with one button.
The other part of the problem is that, when other classes have shown similar levels of power, they were nerfed. Reasonably so, in many cases (though not all by a long shot). Yet Anet has been completely comfortable with willbenders and others having the same level of power if not more. Why are they not balanced like the rest of the other classes?

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, reddie.5861 said:

1 ye broken.
2 whats the problem? u morning / night cap but u cant win a fight when its prime time? so why u think u should move up the ladder when next servers u meet in theory are even stronger.
u dont bring anything in the tiers upwards u should go down until u can manage to hold ur self during prime time.
infact u make the tier boring if u would move up cus ur not even present during prime time.

But what's your first night? You know I have 3 kids and now that I'm done with all 3 the ''my'' prime time starts around 24.00 Italian time
Am I to consider you as one of my children? I'll put you to sleep too, I'll tell you a nice fairy tale so you don't have bad dreams, and then I'll go relax a bit too. By then the points will suck, but at this point, who cares, right? And remember to brush your teeth before going to bed. 😉

As you can see, it's not that you win fights because you're stronger, you win because you play with little kids. If you want to play with adults come in the ''real'' prime time. Be careful because you might get a few more slaps. If you get bad dreams then don't complain to me please.🤭

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Hmmmm can you point out what button that is?

I've 12k+ damage from Executioner's Calling, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that someone gets "1-shot."

13 hours ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

I agree with pulling EWP. The community failed so hard at a simple concept (dont pull when enemy on it) that ANET had to add more EWP cause community to kitten to understand how to use it.

a) You do realize that enemy zergs can SEE the ewp and have plenty of time to move towards it? (loading times, eh)

b) Last time i checked, you were invulnerable when using the ewp for a second time. This is were ppl failed so hard. Especially those crying about zergs at ewp's instead of using the ewp. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H K.4057 said:

I've 12k+ damage from Executioner's Calling, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that someone gets "1-shot."

Not saying it isn't a possibility, but there are many variant factors that could probably made the 12k possible, and go even further to the point to "one shot" another player, and said variants could work with random classes/elite specs too, that being said, being oneshoted by a random WB it's in the odds, since the requeriments to said one shot could've be meet by another player/class

Saying WBs can easily "one shot" players in WvW without any background context, is misleading at best

Edited by Supernova Starr.2069
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Not saying it isn't a possibility, but there are many variant factors that could probably made the 12k possible, and go even further to the point to "one shot" another player, and said variants could work with random classes/elite specs too, that being said, being oneshoted by a random WB it's in the odds, since the requeriments to said one shot could've be meet by another player/class

Saying WBs can easily "one shot" players in WvW without any background context, is misleading at best

I think you are reading too deep into this. The person I quoted made a sarcastic reply asking about the "button," and I responded with the "button." If you think my response added little to the conversation, then the person I was responding to added even less.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, H K.4057 said:

I think you are reading too deep into this. The person I quoted made a sarcastic reply asking about the "button," and I responded with the "button." If you think my response added little to the conversation, then the person I was responding to added even less.

Alright

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Reztek.7805 said:

a) You do realize that enemy zergs can SEE the ewp and have plenty of time to move towards it? (loading times, eh)

b) Last time i checked, you were invulnerable when using the ewp for a second time. This is were ppl failed so hard. Especially those crying about zergs at ewp's instead of using the ewp. 😄

Can never get B as you mention in A, loading times. 50/50 shot you end up dead but the ewp is over or back at spawn alive at least. Zergs cry because take again cause invul for one second is not an excuse to just pull ewp when inner is like 50% or something. Community just making excuses for people that just refuse to learn.

You sound like a gate cata person to me.....

• Confused 2

Or people could just pull ewp before the enemy gets  inside

I mean sometimes stuff happens., but if you regularly pull hot ewps then you're just a bad defender because that's probably not the only thing you're doing wrong-- don't get defensive over it when people call you out on it and just owe your mistake. And sometimes I do pull hot ewp to pull them off the lord, but usually I say something about it being hot  and when we have a reasonable chance of keeping it lol. And if people die I'm just like sorry lol and guess what? People always take my EWPs.

Sure they can just respawn, but do it enough and people will get the idea that you have no idea what you're doing and just block you. Like this is why nobody responds to some of you people's callouts-- most of the server probably has you blocked, and that's even assuming your callouts are coherent and you aren't just pinging things with 0 context.

Like use that thing in between your ears. If pulling the ewp only feeds the other side bags, then just give it up.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2024 at 1:06 AM, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

Walls are broken.

Swords do not pop. They are broken.

This patch is really really bad and should not be allowed to fester any longer. It needs to be pulled.

People told ANET that the victory point changes as proposed were a bad idea. But they still went ahead. So mad. 

Pull this patch forget that it exists and do the things that MATTER:

Thiefs&mesmers glitching into objectives. 12 YEARS and no fix. This is ridiculous and in all seriousness embarrasing. If you can not fix structures, remove ports and portal skills.

REWARDS are a DISGRACE. Even bumped up by 100% they would be low compared to PVE - and maybe a bit ahead of PVP. Another embarrasing moment.

Heres my take on your post:

"I am cherrypicking 2 bugs and mentioning expoiters and hackers to push my biased view.

My pet peeve is that we lost at primetime, and that actually matters now and I dont like it."

I agree on rewards though, and willbender needs a nerf.

I really enjoy all the changes. There were some bugs, but thats really minor because the changes were really good (long overdue) and quite big. When is the last time we got changes this big for wvw that was not just a lazy feature port from pve, or yet another subpar balance pass? Warclaw in 2019 or something before that?

Edited by Loke.1429
  • Confused 4

On 7/18/2024 at 11:28 PM, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Or people could just pull ewp before the enemy gets  inside

Feel free to scout then, so that you can pull at the right time?

On 7/18/2024 at 10:45 PM, Twilightzone.7452 said:

You sound like a gate cata person to me.....

Lol, everything you needed to tell about yourself. 😉