youve added some great things to vault rewards

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I already told you the reasoning in all of the previous posts in this thread, I'm not sure which points made there are still unclear.
They're optional; dodging 3 times isn't more of a gameplay than typing in chat (which directly connects to "I only like x, so I should get it through x!" argument being rather weak); you can already buy gen1/3 if that's what you want; if you want to "experience crafting" then "experience the crafting" instead of attempting to freely remold it into something else.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

I guess we can agree to disagree.

Well, if you refuse to address the points being made and just revert into "agree to disagree" then glad at least everything about "why I'm against it" is clear now. 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Well, if you refuse to address the points being made and just revert into "agree to disagree" then glad at least everything about "why I'm against it" is clear now. 😉 

Refusing to address the points made… look who’s talking… every post you have made here has been nothing but strawman posts about us wanting to do nothing and screaming at the wall that there isn't a problem while deliberately ignoring that there is one and it has been complained about since the game launched by BOTH PVE & PVP players.

PVP players don’t want us PVE players “ruining their WvW” and many of them don’t want to do any PVE for anything either. Honestly I don’t blame them. They have been demanding that GoE be added to a PVP reward track since the game launched because map completion requires them to do not just “some PVE”, but ALOT of it.

PVE players don’t want to be forced into doing PVP. For many of us even, crafting our own gear is part of the fun in the game… but doing PvP for it is NOT fun. Telling us to “just buy a legendary off the TP” is never going to satisfy us either… nor does that answer seem to ever satisfy the PVP crowd that demands GoE from PVP either.

There is a reason this topic keeps coming back.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

strawman posts about us wanting to do nothing

This is the second time in a row you wrote this, so I'll point out that this is not what I wrote anywhere in this thread. If you're interested in addressing what I actually wrote along with the arguments I used then do that. Otherwise, don't invent things I didn't say. I even clarified what you apparently missed in your previous post, but I guess you decided to simply drop it and reverted to "you're saying we don't want to do anything!" narrative instead. But no, that is not what I said at all. And I already explained it in the response to your previous post.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Panda.1967 said:

Refusing to address the points made… look who’s talking… every post you have made here has been nothing but strawman posts about us wanting to do nothing and screaming at the wall that there isn't a problem while deliberately ignoring that there is one and it has been complained about since the game launched by BOTH PVE & PVP players.

PVP players don’t want us PVE players “ruining their WvW” and many of them don’t want to do any PVE for anything either. Honestly I don’t blame them. They have been demanding that GoE be added to a PVP reward track since the game launched because map completion requires them to do not just “some PVE”, but ALOT of it.

PVE players don’t want to be forced into doing PVP. For many of us even, crafting our own gear is part of the fun in the game… but doing PvP for it is NOT fun. Telling us to “just buy a legendary off the TP” is never going to satisfy us either… nor does that answer seem to ever satisfy the PVP crowd that demands GoE from PVP either.

There is a reason this topic keeps coming back.

Funny I have been here quite awhile and cant remember any wvwer asking for goe if it is not in response to pve people complaining and demanding gob in pve first.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

54 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

You want to talk stretches… THAT is a stretch. To think that “I want to earn a PvP track reward through PvE, and PvP should get our equivalent PvE reward through PvP” equates to “I want to do kitten all and get everything”. No one here wants to just be handed rewards… and no one here but YOU thinks that is what any of us are asking for.

A request for it to be added to the Wizard's Vault is a request to be able to get it by just logging in to the game. That is pretty much as close to being just handed the rewards as can be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

No problem here

We remove the sellers that are trying to sell their TP  stocks here in the forums  + Buy it directly from the Wizza Vaylt  + Weapon skins ,succefully allure people in WvW .

Or theres a chance to show in their Vaut , if people have chosen and do casually the WvW+ PvE dailies . And that chances increases by 2-4% per day that stacks

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 10

46 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

This is actually a good point. Maybe a GoB in WV is a bit too much, but alternative methods of Gob getting. Like indeed exchanging a GoE for a GoB.

Make it two Gifts of Exploration, the amount you receive for map completion, and we'd call it a deal. 😉

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

This is the second time in a row you wrote this, so I'll point out that this is not what I wrote anywhere in this thread.

What, so this wasn’t you?

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Some people just like standing in cities and talking in map chat, when will this be a consistent and viable way to craft legendaries? I mean, some people very clearly like doing exactly that, so it has to be an option too, right?

Or this?

38 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They're optional; dodging 3 times isn't more of a gameplay than typing in chat (which directly connects to "I only like x, so I should get it through x!" argument being rather weak);

Claiming our request is the equivalent of wanting to be rewarded for standing in a map just chatting is the same as saying we want the rewards for doing nothing.

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I even clarified what you apparently missed in your previous post, but I guess you decided to simply drop it and reverted to "you're saying we don't want to do anything!" narrative instead.

Oh, you mean this response?

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The same way you not wanting to play x, y or z isn't PLAYING THE GAME to get the rewards related to that content. TALKING in city maps isn't "doing literally nothing".

If you want to be completely literal then sure it’s not “doing literally nothing” but I, like most people, used the colloquial usage of the word literal in the post you responded to, and you know it. Your little tongue in cheek response is exactly that… you poking at my use of the word “literally” colloquially instead of literally. You are still arguing that we don’t want to play the game. Which couldn’t be further from the truth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

17 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

A request for it to be added to the Wizard's Vault is a request to be able to get it by just logging in to the game. That is pretty much as close to being just handed the rewards as can be.

Set the cost at max Astral Aclaim… maybe even add a special currency for completing the weekly that is required to buy it… its not hard to make the reward unobtainable if all you do is just collect the 5AA daily login.

can also do as I previously suggested… make it an extremely limited quantity purchase and have it grant a completely random legendary gift each time it is purchased.

It doesn’t even have to be Wizards Vault… as others have said it could be a new Mystic Forge recipe to convert another gift…

or hell… they could add “PvE Reward Tracks”… make them progress by completing Meta events in different zones… something that forces players to actively play the game.

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Like 3
  • Confused 8

24 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Make it two Gifts of Exploration, the amount you receive for map completion, and we'd call it a deal. 😉

And we can make a  commnutiy Rush event , where you sign up (the system randomly sent forms) and they choose avialable times to play in that event (likea  Pizza Delivery internal system where it shows " we have an avilable open spot for 15:00-16:00 , Do you accept ?) and each people play for 30-40min at random-specified areas of the game ,  and the whole server helps each other unlocke the rest of the map , by sending each participant randonly items that unlock vistas-areas-hearts-etc .

Edit : we can make it so it can run forever + people doing the old fashion way , unlocking 100% of the maps have chance to unlock a random GEN1/3 weapon , and the chances increases if they have done some Peronal instances with hub>strangers

• Confused 10

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And we can make a  commnutiy Rush event , where you sign up (the system randomly sent forms) and they choose avialable times to play in that event (likea  Pizza Delivery interal system) and each people play for 30-40min at random-specified areas of the game ,  and the whole server helps each other unlocke the rest of the map , by sending each other items that randonly unlock vistas-areas-hearts-etc

Ehhh, what are you rambling on about?

I am fully legendary and got my GoBs through WvW (it got me into WvW to begin with, I am currently rank 3,065, so I am not opposed to having to play WvW for the GoB).

Still, I don't care if they introduced another method of acquisition as long as its effort takes up at least as much time as getting it via WvW Reward Track. I mean, c'mon, legendaries have become a joke since the introduction of the WV and OW legendary armor, so it doesn't really matter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Ehhh, what are you rambling on about?

I am fully legendary and got my GoBs through WvW (it got me into WvW to begin with, I am currently rank 3,065, so I am not opposed to having to play WvW for the GoB).

Still, I don't care if they introduced another method of acquisition as long as its effort takes up at least as much time as getting it via WvW Reward Track. I mean, c'mon, legendaries have become a joke since the introduction of the WV and OW legendary armor, so it doesn't really matter.

Maybe we should increase the time needed for the Raid Legendaries , ratgher than evertyhing to be grindy ?

YFor example you have a ring that needs you to do 6-10x times either  the Wing 5 or 6 or 7 ?

• Confused 6

18 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

What, so this wasn’t you?

Or this?

Typing in chats isn't "doing nothing". I already responded to that and pointed out it's more than dodging 3 times which is what someone would need to do every other day in order to get it from wv. So yes, what you quoted is what I wrote. But nothing you quoted said anything about you "doing nothing". So again, if you want to respond to what I wrote then respond to what I wrote instead of repeatedly claiming I said something I did not.

Claiming our request is the equivalent of wanting to be rewarded for standing in a map just chatting is the same as saying we want the rewards for doing nothing.

No -and again I already explained that- it means that people liking doing different things isn't a new concept but it's a weak argument for a change. People talking in cities like doing it. They're NOT "doing nothing". It's still not a reason to throw any reward anyone wants into specifically what they like. I already explained this in this exact thread and I think at this point it would be easier for you to just go back and make sure you've read those posts on page 1 than for me to link/quote everything I wrote.

Oh, you mean this response?

If you want to be completely literal then sure it’s not “doing literally nothing” but I, like most people, used the colloquial usage of the word literal in the post you responded to, and you know it. Your little tongue in cheek response is exactly that… you poking at my use of the word “literally” colloquially instead of literally. You are still arguing that we don’t want to play the game. Which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Amongs other things, sure. But I rather had the second point (which was already copied from the previous post) in mind:
2. As much of a stretch as someone (like OP, you and person I responded to) claiming that ONLY playing whatever they want should bring them whatever they wish for. Apparently "only doing what I want" is the line drawn specifically by you now.

I'm literally spelling out what I'm talking about. How you repeatedly keep getting that tired "us wanting to do nothing" claim from those posts, I'm not sure. But this is rather clearly not what I'm saying at all. And no, it was not tongue in cheek response. It's literally talking about getting x for doing whatever any given person likes doing ingame. This is the exact -and only- argumentation you or OP uses here. I also already addressed that on page 1 when I questioned why OP/you/Kinurak is supposed to be drawing a line at what HE likes, but people enjoying their time talking in chat are not qualifying, as if it's not part of mmorpgs games.
And again: yf you "want to experience the crating process" then experience the crafting process instead of attempting to change it into whatever you want it to be. If you don't like the experience, you can already buy gen1/3 off tp.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I also already addressed that on page 1 when I questioned why OP/you/Kinurak is supposed to be drawing a line at what HE likes, but people enjoying their time talking in chat are not qualifying.

They don’t qualify for the exact reason you are trying to use them as your counter argument. You want to equate our request to the absurdity of getting everything for nothing. You claim it’s not, but there is no reason for that appeal to the absurd otherwise. You want our request to appear as stupid as someone standing on around in chat all day getting it while doing nothing else in the game.

I think we can both agree that someone standing around chatting all day is not actively playing the game, and as such shouldn't get rewards that require actively playing the game. Can we not?

If you think Wizards Vault is a bad place for it… fair enough… other alternatives have been suggested. What do you think of them? Mystic forge recipe? Introduce PVE reward tracks? The point is to add options. Options are not bad. Why are you opposed to options? Is it “because I did it, you have to?”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

10 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

They don’t qualify for the exact reason you are trying to use them as your counter argument. You want to equate our request to the absurdity of getting everything for nothing. You claim it’s not, but there is no reason for that appeal to the absurd otherwise. You want our request to appear as stupid as someone standing on around in chat all day getting it while doing nothing else in the game.

No, it's not any more absured than the argument you're using. Or the claim that someone "wants to experience the crafting" (that's why they're not buying it, as far as I understood?) while simultaneously wanting that crafting experience to change. The only argument used by OP or you is that they'd rather do something else. Well, then do something else, the legendary tier in this game is fully optional and if you really want them, you can already buy two generations off tp by doing whatever else. 

10 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

I think we can both agree that someone standing around chatting all day is not actively playing the game, and as such shouldn't get rewards that require actively playing the game. Can we not?

I agree with this sentence to the exact same degree I agree with the statement that players not willing to complete the necessary content for the legendary crafting should not be rewarded with completion of the legendary crafting process. Not sure why apparently you're not agreeing with it to the same degree though? Rewriting the acquisition process is good as long as you're rewriting it while putting the line exactly where you want it to be?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I already told you the reasoning in all of the previous posts in this thread, I'm not sure which points made there are still unclear.
They're optional; dodging 3 times isn't more of a gameplay than typing in chat (which directly connects to "I only like x, so I should get it through x!" argument being rather weak); you can already buy gen1/3 if that's what you want; if you want to "experience crafting" then "experience the crafting" instead of attempting to freely remold it into something else.

They are optional… all the more reason to add options… if its optional then it shouldn’t matter to you if we can get it different ways.

“dodging 3 times isn't more of a gameplay than typing in chat” … again…. We already conceded that WV may be a bad place for it and suggested other options that require active gameplay.

“you can already buy gen1/3 if that's what you want” … buying is not crafting… it is also worth noting that only Gen1 legendaries require GoE, while GoB is needed for basically all of them. If you want to craft legendaries and don’t like PvP, you can ONLY make the newest set of legendary armor… meanwhile PvP players can make all but the newest armor and gen1 without ever doing any PvE.

funny how none of your points here actually answer the question we keep asking you… so care to actually answer the question now? “Why are you opposed to options?”

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Incurve Giidis.7829 said:

how about a gift of battle

so i wouldnt have to play kittening wvw

I wouldn't need it, but it would be OK for those who just don't like WvW at all. GW2 offers alternatives for many things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

No. You want the reward, you do the work. In this case, do WvW for a little while. It's not that difficult.

Ok… then how about they remove every PvP method of obtaining what would have been the PvE component for Gen2+ legendaries? Its only fair… PvP players got their concession with Gen2+ offering a PvP route for everything, but what did us PvE players get? Nothing… we still have to do PvP for every legendary except the new armor. We need GoB for all of them. Should ANet just replace the other legendary gifts with Gift of Exploration and have expansion map completions grant another 2 GoE per character to compensate?

Ultimately all we ask is for all legendaries to be craftable through just PvP & just PvE… that way everyone can be happy… want to just do PvP? well hey you can now get GoE without doing PvE… want to just to PvE? Have a way to get a GoB without doing PvP… enjoy doing both? Well congrats you get more GoE and GoB by doing what you enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

offering a PvP route for everything

Where is the PvP route to get the gift of maguuma or the gift of Cantha? Or the collections for gen2? 
99% you have to do for legendary weapons is PvE content and you are crying about the one thing you get from WvW, really? 

The time you spend here complaining you could have got the gift of battle. 
I don’t see a reason why they should change anything. You want the reward? Do what is required just like everyone else. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The main understanding of crafting legendaries is that they are ment to take time, effort and a lot of resources to craft because they were a long term goal for a QOL item.

Introductory of g1 legendary weapons in Wizard's vault introduced a quicker way of obtaining them as it cut out some of the work needed to craft certain elements. This made it more accessible and appealing to people who may have no thought of crafting these in the first place. This also lead to people complaining more about GOB because this then became one the main roadblocks to the legendary item (map completion being another).

I personally do not think GOB should be put in Wizard's Vault. I would not object to an alternative method that takes the equivalent time and effort though, but also fine with current method.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typos
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

No. You want the reward, you do the work. In this case, do WvW for a little while. It's not that difficult.

This. Very much this.  There are so many who seem to be so entitled as to needing every facet of everything handed to them with no effort, just because.  I heard a new player in QD just this morning moaning the fact that even if they purchase all of the expansions, they don't get all of the mounts fully spec'd out and that they would, instead, have to actually earn them and the masteries.

So, a big, fat NO to putting GoB in the WV.  Legendary items are completely optional in GW2 and are not required in any way to complete any content or any game mode.  If a player wants legendary anything, then that player must put in the effort. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2