Festival of the Four Winds 2024 - talk and feedback thread

Luthan.5236

Didn't see a thread (except the patch notes) - not sure if this if I overlooked it or if this is going to move towards no threads (similar than the small weekly stuff like the LS3 event) for the stuff returning regularly. (Usually we had the ones from Rubi linking the news article from the main website.)

[Edit: Copied to a new post in the official thread that now exists. This thread can be closed so people are not going to use this one anymore.]

Edited by Luthan.5236

are you kidding me ?! 5000 tokens for the sun grown chest ?! we didnt need a new set -.- couldnt we just had the chance to get more of the sun grown set for weekly and the meta achievement ?! i like this set so much and i was so excited for this years return. no its all ruined. and on top of that no spear skin. screw this event, this is so frustrating and disappointing.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Better to go to the official (now pinned) thread. Going to copy parts of my post to there. (Since it probably is technically not possible to move this to the other thread because it was created before it - would mix up the order of the posts.)

Could someone please remind me what time (UTC or whatever) that event in the cliffs happens where we go running around and get all the things and then it ends in a fire balloon fight? Don't remember the name, but trying to plan my afternoon out. Thanks.

40 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

Could someone please remind me what time (UTC or whatever) that event in the cliffs happens where we go running around and get all the things and then it ends in a fire balloon fight? Don't remember the name, but trying to plan my afternoon out. Thanks.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Participate_in_the_treasure_hunt!

Scroll down abit for the timer and your looking for the treasure hunt one.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1

I don't find any of these events fun nor do I want any of the rewards badly enough to push through them unlike something like SAB or the lunar festival so I'm just going to not participate in this event. That's my feedback.

• Confused 6

Feedback? Ok. I don't post much, but a change to this year's Weekly made me come back to the forum - I think the change is bad. I think there was no need to swap the wepon skins rewarded for the completion of the Weekly achievement, and I think the new price for the Sun-Grown weapons is way too steep. I completely lost interest in either of the weapon sets if this is how they're going to be handled in the future, and by extension I lost interest in participating in the festival.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 7/30/2024 at 11:22 PM, notebene.3190 said:

Treasure Hunt! Couldn't remember the name, thanks.

Write "/wiki et" ingame and check the "special events" at the bottom of the page. Probably worth mentioning since it will work for other events and other festivals once they're active.

10 hours ago, Sirius.4510 said:

Griffon adventures should count for the "Faster than Four Winds" daily. The time trial version of Skimmer Slalom does, after all...

They probably don't count because it's much faster to do than the alternatives, which means they probably already have a decent value paid out in festival tokens and anet literally wants to give you a reason to run at least one of the longer courses.

On 8/2/2024 at 9:28 PM, roederich.2716 said:

Why is there no zephyrite pants this year,  just this new shorts from the meta?

I was hoping to continue on the zephyrite armor

I am not a big fan of the Zephyrite fashion and weapons they have given us so far. None of the Zephyrites actually wears any of that ugly stuff. 😄 Okay, okay, the headband and the shawl are actually super cool, but those boots and the makeshift weapons... nahhh.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

Interesting choice by Anet with the Sun-grown weapon skin limitations and steep price. I do thank them for letting me buy the skins on the market though but yeah the price and weekly limitation kinda stings for such an incredible set of skins.

But I just want to tell them how I much I love the Sun-grown skin designs; please make more of this type of weapons, they look absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say, I love the Beach House Spiral Stairs and the Elonian Bazaar Shade decorations for the guild halls. I was wondering though, will we be able to craft these items in our homesteads as well when Janthir Wilds launches?  Or will we have to wait for that till next year's festival of the four winds before those decorations become available in the homesteads?

The event itself is SUPER fun! Hopping between the two locations, zipping between challenge after challenge... The gauntlet, the Boss Blitz... Thinking up new, efficient ways to gather loot in the Treasure Hunt... It's great to have events that are easy to clear, intuitive to improve on, and fun to optimize. Since I can come to the events with whatever energy I've got that day, I look forward to doing the dailies, weeklies, etc.

But there's not much to get... Having the weekly chest require 5000 festival tokens is unreasonable. Like, it's already restricted on a per-week basis... I did all my daily achievements every day of the event and I didn't have enough festival tokens to get one til the start of week 2. So my all-or-nothing brain says, "Screw that!" The new sand weapons kick kitten, at least.

• Confused 1

Does the '(Annual) Boss Blitz' achievement not track progress correctly?

The achievement reads:
Complete 10 Boss Blitz meta-events in the Crown Pavilion. This achievement gains additional progress from gold- and silver- ranked victories. This achievement can be completed once every year.

So it explicitly states "gains additional progress from gold- and silver- ranked victories" in the description. But I've completed the meta twice now and it only counted once each time, even though there was still a couple minutes left on the timer for gold rank.

I think it always counted 1 for me - and I mainly got gold (hard to fail gold nowadays). Since 10 is super low (considering most people might do it 3 times daily for the other achievement - for 3 weeks) I think they should just change the text. Never noticed that they planned to give out more progress according to the text.