Call Lightning- Damage: 2,232 Daze: 2 seconds

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Imagine complaining about spirits

loool

Imagine complaining about someone who's complaining about spirits?

He's right tho, this skill is completly busted:

It's a cc aoe: check

It does big damage: check (I got hit at 6k+ by that) and why the heck this cc still does damage btw when almost every cc of the game doesn't?

Can be lunched from your back with a really poor visual animation: also check.

This skill is totally op bro.. Oh and I forgot the fury proc that makes the thing synergizes even more with ranger.

Now I need a delulu ranger coming here and trying to justify this abomination, plz, just for make me laughing hard

Edited by whooot.5784
  • Like 8

Storm spirit has always been out of wack. It's damage is independent of the ranger's power stat. Rabid amulet? Carrion? same damage. Buuuuut it does scale off the ranger's ferocity and any other damage modifying traits....

I think it's neat it has a good power chunk when running condi, especially when it has low crit chance itself. However, the fact it can chunk people's HP bars on power, never been a fan of. Certainly a skill that deserves to be looked at.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

Imagine complaining about someone who's complaining about spirits?

He's right tho, this skill is completly busted:

It's a cc aoe: check

It does big damage: check (I got hit at 6k+ by that) and why the heck this cc still does damage btw when almost every cc of the game doesn't?

Can be lunched from your back with a really poor visual animation: also check.

This skill is totally op bro..

Oh and I forgot the fury proc that makes the thing synergizes even more with ranger.

Dazes can do dmg, harder CCs do not.

• Like 3

there are several skills that anet just forgot about when rebalancing them. "mace head crack" for example also needs a competetive split. It's a 3 second daze with almost no cast time and for some reason has a longer range than melee AND anet forgot to take the dmg off of this skill when every other cc skill got it's dmg reduced to 0.. this skill still has a 1.0 coefficient and easily deals 2.5k dmg without any boons on the user. If you trait for it to use it twice you can cc your target for 7 seconds on a 17 second cooldown without even using any initiative or any utility skills at all. Obv stolen skills are unknown to most players and apparently also to anet but that doesn't change the fact that this skill should not deal damage or have an actual casting time with a visible animation or both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shagie.7612 said:

yo why it better than darkrazor, razorclaw, and icerazor all combined

cats > trees has anet never seen an animal before in their life

And these 2 skills on renegade cost also in pvp 45 energy total

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

It's a daze, dazes never lost their damage.

Yeah but most dazes did like 2k crit max and dazed for like a second, it's weird they gave so much more daze for Ranger considering that Mesmer is the supposed daze main proffession.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Yeah but most dazes did like 2k crit max and dazed for like a second, it's weird they gave so much more daze for Ranger considering that Mesmer is the supposed daze main proffession.

I'm going to go 🤓 mode for this one because I love talking about design. Feel free to not read any further if you dislike nerd talk.

Mesmer isn't the daze main profession. Mesmer is the interrupt main profession, and the dazes are just the tool to perform this task. For this reason the dazes on mesmer are characterized by being

1. a lot: staff5 (which you can also cast with a Chaos trait), torch5 (which you can double with Chronophantasma), dagger ambush, sword ambush, f3, mantra of distraction twice -but loading the mantra will also recharge f3-, then signet of illusions will also recharge f3
  2. very affordable in terms of cooldown; MoD is 2 dazes every 24s, F3 has 38s on paper only, in reality it's going to be much less because of trait mechanics + other skills reducing its cooldown, so on so forth
  3. with a short duration: none of them lasts more than 1s (other than LOL OFFHAND SWORD)
  4. with a short cast time, or none at all (other than LOL OFFHAND SWORD)

They are not meant to "lock someone down" (like what you can do with sword sneak attack on thief or all the long lasting dazes of a druid).
They are meant to continuously send every key skill on a 4s cd, and proc a gazillion traits while doing so (Dueling: pistol cd reduction + blind\confusion, Domination: vulnerability + quickness + power block, Chaos: refunds 5s cd on a random weapon skill). Chrono F3 even has a shorter daze duration, but inflicts slow so you can more easily land even more interrupts. Some traits will even reward you on just landing the CC itself (Domination: even further vuln and boonrip; Chronomancer: slow), but from a mesmer PoV 2 short CCs are better than a long one, because the two short CCs will proc these traits twice as much. A long CC is even detrimental, because an opponent unable to cast will have nothing to interrupt and won't fuel your gameplay

Call lighting deals a kittenton of damage and the daze lasts much longer than anything on mesmer, but you're not going to snipe any individual skill with that, because it has something like 1.25s delay before the daze lands (0.75s cast time, then the 0.5s with a red circle).
Definitely a powerful skill, but not in any way comparable to the tools of a mesmer because the DAZE tooltip is the same, the role intended for that DAZE tooltip is entirely different.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, whooot.5784 said:

Now I need a delulu ranger coming here and trying to justify this abomination, plz, just for make me laughing hard

Reasons why no one uses Storm Spirit:

1. It's on a 30s CD compared to things like Maul that are on a 4 1/2s CD.
  2. It requires a cast time, so you can't use it instantly at the same time as something like a Maul, to compound oneshots. It also doesn't have long enough of a delay after the cast, to set it up to land at the same time as something like a Maul for that oneshot. You know what I mean, like old Guard bursting methods "cast focus 4-5, begin spin to win, use JI, and then stack a bunch of APMs on top of each other for massive front loaded burst" or even just something like a DH trap stack. You can't do that with Storm Spirit.
  3. Ranger builds typically need all 3 utility skills to be entirely defensive or their sustain completely falls apart, believe it or not it is true. There are only a handful of builds that can get away with subbing in 1 utility that is actually offensive. The only ones worth using this way are: Sic Em, Sharp Stone, Sig Of Hunt "unlockable". Notice these are all instant cast skills that stack the effect on the attacks the Ranger already has. Even the Untamed Binding & Traversal now have animation times and are usually liabilities to use unless you are using them strictly in a 1v1 to counter very specific builds that are prone to these utilities.
  4. The only way Storm Spirit could be useful would be on some kind of Wild/Nature Bunker who selects Nature's Vengeance - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) so it slams twice, dealing the stun & damage twice, to justify that 30s CD. But in this case, any time you run Nature, you need to run Wild with or there is no reason to run Nature. So if you're a Druid, Soulbeast, or Untamed, now you've turned yourself into a Wild/Nature Bunker. And when this happens, your damage is inherently lower than running Marks or Skirm. This makes the spirit feel kind of "meh" for the 30s CD, and you're sacrificing Wild skills that grant you Fury/+2 cleanses on use to take it. Then you realize that since you've gone far enough to create a Bunker who's spirits slam twice, that this is a better option anyway Stone Spirit - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) which is prot, aegis, and 2x blasts on a water or smoke field.

TLDR: Every time you try to design builds around Storm Spirit, you end up realizing there are better options to use than Storm Spirit.

Just how it is.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I'm going to go 🤓 mode for this one because I love talking about design. Feel free to not read any further if you dislike nerd talk.

Mesmer isn't the daze main profession. Mesmer is the interrupt main profession, and the dazes are just the tool to perform this task. For this reason the dazes on mesmer are characterized by being

1. a lot: staff5 (which you can also cast with a Chaos trait), torch5 (which you can double with Chronophantasma), dagger ambush, sword ambush, f3, mantra of distraction twice -but loading the mantra will also recharge f3-, then signet of illusions will also recharge f3
  2. very affordable in terms of cooldown; MoD is 2 dazes every 24s, F3 has 38s on paper only, in reality it's going to be much less because of trait mechanics + other skills reducing its cooldown, so on so forth
  3. with a short duration: none of them lasts more than 1s (other than LOL OFFHAND SWORD)
  4. with a short cast time, or none at all (other than LOL OFFHAND SWORD)

They are not meant to "lock someone down" (like what you can do with sword sneak attack on thief or all the long lasting dazes of a druid).
They are meant to continuously send every key skill on a 4s cd, and proc a gazillion traits while doing so (Dueling: pistol cd reduction + blind\confusion, Domination: vulnerability + quickness + power block, Chaos: refunds 5s cd on a random weapon skill). Chrono F3 even has a shorter daze duration, but inflicts slow so you can more easily land even more interrupts. Some traits will even reward you on just landing the CC itself (Domination: even further vuln and boonrip; Chronomancer: slow), but from a mesmer PoV 2 short CCs are better than a long one, because the two short CCs will proc these traits twice as much. A long CC is even detrimental, because an opponent unable to cast will have nothing to interrupt and won't fuel your gameplay

Call lighting deals a kittenton of damage and the daze lasts much longer than anything on mesmer, but you're not going to snipe any individual skill with that, because it has something like 1.25s delay before the daze lands (0.75s cast time, then the 0.5s with a red circle).
Definitely a powerful skill, but not in any way comparable to the tools of a mesmer because the DAZE tooltip is the same, the role intended for that DAZE tooltip is entirely different.

I agree that mesmers thing is interupts but after after after many reworks Ranger has gotten comparable access to daze skills that work like the ones from mesmer but with longer duration. My issue is that the Ranger dev has taken all the good stuff from other professions and shuved it on Ranger without the drawbacks, it has better melee than warrior, better more consistent boon corrupt then necro or sb and better access to daze then mesmer, soon better stealth then thief. It's cool and all that Ranger gets cools kitten , but can it be worse then the original profession that does the thing. It would be cool if the same type of skills were not overnerfed and then ported to Ranger without the bad kitten, just some consistency would be nice , if something is deemed op I don't think is a great idea to give it to other professions buffed. 

Got my self worked up on the design again cause yet another thread  for a  stupid skill. 

Rant over.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

HOT TAKE: You can make Storm Spirit deal the damage and stun twice with this trait Nature's Vengeance - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W).

That's not what hot take means lmao.  What you posted directly after that would be more of a hot take.

As a "hot take" is the skill is fine.  You have to set it up, and it's 6k max if it crits on a full power build--which is about even to what Sword #2/3 will do.  Except sword has mobility, making it far superior. 

But 'that's apples to oranges!' I hear...well GS #5 is a daze or most times a stun because of how flanking works and you can hit two mauls off it which is way more than 6k.  With quickness, good luck avoiding both of those.  Or hilt bash into savage slash...ah, I'm saying too much now, right?

Again, if you are getting deleted by storm spirit then something is wrong.  I barely see the top players run it as a meme--because it brings pure damage and no survivability.  Which is bad, as you need some survivability unless you are facing low golds all the time.

Which probably is who is complaining about this.  

Now, instead of straight nerf complaining...someone suggest how to revamp it.  I'll wager you can't, because spirits are objectively terrible.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Confused 3