Any chance of a new race? or weapons? or new inspirational sparks

Title says it all, I hope we do get to enjoy some new races and if those ones also have their own starting mission and story, I just after playing this game for like 10 years and having over 1000 lvl up books...there is nothing that really anchor's me to this game, even new weapons would be great....I know the spear is coming but still....a spear...not like we haven't see those before

here a wildcard one, 2 different rifles splint into long bore or blunderbuss. just something completely unexpected. I worry a little that the homestead thing may not work too well cause didnt other mmos do this already?

If there are notes I am missing please link them in

• Confused 6

New race…nope… I’m sure we’d all love to have playable Kodan or Tengu but it ain’t happening anytime soon if ever…

New weapons… you’re in luck, we are getting Spears… but you seem less than enthused about that…

New inspirational spark… Homesteads? Homesteads count right? Yeah… I’m not too thrilled about that one either… though I am looking forwards to it still.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

New race…nope… I’m sure we’d all love to have playable Kodan or Tengu but it ain’t happening anytime soon if ever…

New weapons… you’re in luck, we are getting Spears… but you seem less than enthused about that…

New inspirational spark… Homesteads? Homesteads count right? Yeah… I’m not too thrilled about that one either… though I am looking forwards to it still.

I mean isn't it just gonna be farmville?

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

There's a very easy way to make a new playable race...

You could use Charr rigging for Tengu or Norn rigging for Kodan, animations done.

Have them work with cultural armor only, anything else gets auto hidden, solves the armor rework problem.

Have them mute with dialog balloons only in old content, commander doesn't have voice acting in S1 as is anyway, voice acting old content solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

I would not be surprised to see a new race attached to an expansion some time down the line. Before the Homestead announcement I would have said otherwise because I thought that large feature development was over for GW2. Now I am not so sure.

I don't get the rifle vs blunderbuss idea. We essentially already have both. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

I would not be surprised to see a new race attached to an expansion some time down the line. Before the Homestead announcement I would have said otherwise because I thought that large feature development was over for GW2. Now I am not so sure.

I don't get the rifle vs blunderbuss idea. We essentially already have both. 

Basically 1 range weapon split into 2 different abilities, like the short bow and long bow, but really any new weapons....the scythe from gw1 would have been interesting....if I am not mistaken, it was categorized as a scythe, not a staff? 

35 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

Its fully customizable player housing based on what little cryptic info has been revealed about it…

I don't think the information is cryptic, since that livestream happened. It's more like the feature is an advanced version of what we have currently. Not so mysterious to those who have guild hall decoration permissions and home instance nodes. We are just kind of nodding our heads to ourselves and going "Finally! This is much better!"

• Like 1

Just now, Quench.7091 said:

I don't think the information is cryptic, since that livestream happened. It's more like the feature is an advanced version of what we have currently. Not so mysterious to those who have guild hall decoration permissions and home instance nodes. We are just kind of nodding our heads to ourselves and going "Finally! This is much better!"

wait wait so basically homestead is a guild hall just for you?... and based on a video i saw of someone decorating, its now looks like the sims....also not a fan of the location...i want a tropic beach paradise for my homestead....if i had one!

• Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Damocles.4908 said:

wait wait so basically homestead is a guild hall just for you?... and based on a video i saw of someone decorating, its now looks like the sims....also not a fan of the location...i want a tropic beach paradise for my homestead....if i had one!

It's a place for you and your party. The location was probably chosen as a flat tundra to make it easier to decorate, but whether we get another location in the future was never stated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damocles.4908 said:

Basically 1 range weapon split into 2 different abilities, like the short bow and long bow, but really any new weapons....the scythe from gw1 would have been interesting....if I am not mistaken, it was categorized as a scythe, not a staff? 

The problem with splitting something like the rifle is that it already exists and functions differently for each class that uses it. So, for example, a split for warrior rifle would not work at all for mesmer. New weapons in general? To be honest I wouldn't mind but would rather see work done on existing options. One handed spear would be my preference.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Damocles.4908 said:

Now they have the core function available to general players I wouldn't be surprised if we saw premium houses on the store.  ESO makes a ton of money off them. 

Edited by Daeth.8912

No.
No.
With a new "expansion" coming out every year, wich leaves very little time for creativity and very little resources to try things out, chances are very slim that ANet will stray far from the tried, true, safe and unimaginative. Don't expect them to do PoF mounts again in the near future, instead expect them to go down the laundry list of stale MMO staples, fishing and housing are already done. Should, but it won't, "a new race" be on that list, it will not be anything exciting like Tengu or Largos. It will be humans with pointy ears or green, furless charr.

Edited by Omega.6801
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

18 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

yeah if a new race didn't happen back in GW2's glory days (HoT) it is for sure not happening now

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

at this point iam not sure new Weapons or new playable Races can be added to the game because of some code related issues. Seem like easy new content that developers would have done it by now/

I doubt it's "code related" issues. It's just not "easy new content".

A new race is very expensive and introduces the ongoing requirement for additional male and female voice actors for each supported language for every upcoming release. Very expensive. What do you get for that expensive work? Well at the end you don't have new content. You have a character from a new race to run through the existing content with. 

A new weapon similarly introduces an ongoing support cost: each new weapon set will have to have skins for the new weapon and, again, you don't get any new content you get a new weapon to run through the existing content with. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Knuckle Joe.7408 said:

yeah if a new race didn't happen back in GW2's glory days (HoT) it is for sure not happening now

The glory days were LS4 actually.

And as Anet stated before Soto, they are back to the same amount of employees as they had in LS4.

1 hour ago, Chaos God.1639 said:

in this video it's being said that the devs tried to make the bears a new playable race. so according to that info they are still open for that idea. they just need to make it work.

Yeah I'm real sceptical about that. He claims that ArenaNet "apparently" "toyed" with the idea of making them a new playable race but "couldn't make it work" (I'm paraphrasing here but it's close). I'd like to see his source, if any.

The use of "apparently" normally that implies that this is something you heard but have no source for. Secondly the use of "toying" implies that they didn't spend a lot of effort. Lastly, no reason is given for why they couldn't make it work (was it lack of customisation options, armour, budgetary reasons, who knows?) All just vague internet rumour I'd say.

Anyway didn't watch much more of the video as I don't want spoilers so maybe he provided a full set of citations later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah I'm real sceptical about that. He claims that ArenaNet "apparently" "toyed" with the idea of making them a new playable race but "couldn't make it work" (I'm paraphrasing here but it's close). I'd like to see his source, if any.

The use of "apparently" normally that implies that this is something you heard but have no source for. Secondly the use of "toying" implies that they didn't spend a lot of effort. Lastly, no reason is given for why they couldn't make it work (was it lack of customisation options, armour, budgetary reasons, who knows?) All just vague internet rumour I'd say.

Anyway didn't watch much more of the video as I don't want spoilers so maybe he provided a full set of citations later.

My guess is that they had a discussion on hightlights they could add into an expansion, toying with the idea of a playable race. It is easy to imagine developers going that far. There aren't many RPG features that stand out that they haven't done.

• Like 1