Phantom Rasor no longer dazes

Gesbo.6420

Was just about to post yeah.

Now that you've (somewhat rightly) nuked this to uselessness, can we buff the other dagger skills?

Ambush was the only reason dagger was useful on mirage. It was overpowered and surprised it lasted this long, but sad to see the old usual style nuke it from orbit nerf without any supplementary changes. Auto, 2 and 3 are completely pathetic skills outside of virtuoso.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I think the change relates to the introduction of relic of the claw. We would have max stacks all the time. At least make it so if multiple razors x 3 hit you still get the Daze or something this is rubbish 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They just killed the main Mesmer roam build. Interrupt D/P Mirage is just gone like that, wth?

They might as well delete Ineptitude and Duelling Discipline at this point then. 

19 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

I think the change relates to the introduction of relic of the claw. We would have max stacks all the time.

So the solution to avoid a new relic being broken is to delete hybrid Mirage, who has most of its damage coming from conditions? They REALLY want us to play Spear it seems.

Edited by Jeyzer.1605
  • Like 5

Ho boy, and I've just been enjoying PvP/WvW lately with Dagger Mirage. Guess I'll retire the build. 

24 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

I think the change relates to the introduction of relic of the claw. We would have max stacks all the time. At least make it so if multiple razors x 3 hit you still get the Daze or something this is rubbish 

This is stupid. Not our fault when the Relic designer forgot that we disable stuff for a living.

And what's wrong with maintaining the stacks anyway? No one complained about Relic of Fireworks. Why now? And I thought we were over with all these boring stacking damage bonuses too.

Edited by ZephidelGRS.9520
  • Like 4

Anet should have remove daze as soon as weapon mastery out. We told at the very beginning. Now we have adaptated dagger mirage in OW and WvW about a year, now they killed. Now dagger is garbage for mirage. Yeah, just we need is cripple. 

Can we get good things as mirage enjoyers? How much do you want to nerf it? What about delete the entire class?

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Anet should have remove daze as soon as weapon mastery out. We told at the very beginning.

Sneaky Anet realized it was better to wait until a new weapon was out to drown the negative feedback about dagger deletion under the new spear's praise. 🙂

This way, annihilating dagger won't make as much noise. 

If they really think dagger mirage was broken, they could've done something about it during that whole year. Besides, we all know that what's broken is celestial gear itself, and they haven't done anything about that to nerf harbinger / catalyst. 

Edited by Jeyzer.1605
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Anet should have remove daze as soon as weapon mastery out. We told at the very beginning. Now we have adaptated dagger mirage in OW and WvW about a year, now they killed. Now dagger is garbage for mirage. Yeah, just we need is cripple. 

Can we get good things as mirage enjoyers? How much do you want to nerf it? What about delete the entire class?

Dagger since the beginning has been a weapon that has nothing going on for it baseline but using traits it becomes either a candy weapon with jagged mind or power with all the virtuoso traits that inflict extra damage on blades. The daze on mirage added a list of traits that did the same. Removing the daze makes the weapon bland. We are not even getting any equally valuable tradeoff cripple on another weapon? Come on... 

Probably might help with the spear thonas they will be slower while you have swiftness but still not a vibe 

2 hours ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Tbh the solution is to just play power GS mirage xD why worry about dazes and kitten when you can just delete people with well timed split surges ^^

49 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

its not even properly programmed wtf... You are applying 1.5s of cripple, your illusions are still dazing... if you going to nerf something nerf it properly.

Omg delete this don't tell them here! 😂

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

its not even properly programmed wtf... You are applying 1.5s of cripple, your illusions are still dazing... if you going to nerf something nerf it properly.

You don't tell stuff like this out loud.

Sigh, I still miss the Mender's Purity interaction with Restorative Mantras. Yeah somehow when Mesmers do things, Anet always quickly nerfs us.

• Like 2

I am also confused about this. Seems like they only want GS/Spear for power mirage? Spear ambush is a damage amp but spear as a whole has no condi damage so clearly they want spear power mirage to be a thing of some kind. You could maybe make s/s or s/sh work but that would limit you to melee only which is usually a problem. So I guess you just spear in melee and gs at range, hopefully maintaining Sharp Edges uptime?

Dagger is just in a weird spot for mirage. It works with virt because of their buffs to "blade" skills. For mirage is was a power weapon with a daze and several conditions on the ambush with no conditions on the other 2 skills. I'd rather have seen them leave the daze and remove the bleed and torment from the ambush to push it fully into power builds only.

Also weird that Fencer's Finesse specifies "underwater spear" (though ground spear phantasms still proc it) so we have a trait that is still only for swords. Just like we have traits for only GS, only torch, only axe, only pistol, only staff, and only focus. So a lot that seems counter to Anets goal of removing weapon traits.

I guess what I'm really looking for is some design clarity on what Anet wants mirage to be. I had fun playing it in pvp as a power daze spammer like a budget deadeye with vuln and boon rip but that doesn't work at all anymore.

• Like 5

Sooooo they just completely killed my favorite open world build for no reason. Meanwhile nothing for Celestial Harbinger/Catalyst abusers... People from Reddit will try to argue Mesmer is the favorite class lmao... There was zero reason to make this a blanket change, versus just for PvP. They really don't want mirage to be viable or fun. Either Double Staff sleeper build or bust I guess for OW. 

Edited by Nemhy.5230
added more to it.
  • Like 2

Because it doesn't synergies is the reason on why it's added.

4 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I don't know why they replaced it with a cripple that doesn't really synergies with anything in the Mesmer kit. 

They should have added confusion or something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1