Fool me thrice...

1 hour ago, Futa.4375 said:

I still gave you the benefit of the doubt after EoD and again after SotO but I'm sorry: you haven't learned anything. This time it's an immediate refund for me.

Refunding as well.
The NPC monologues go on forever and the game 13 years later still isnt alt friendly.
I have to do some magic tricks in order to get to an expansion zone to avoid doing these horrid story quests.

Guild Wars 2 died with the invention of the  "Living Story", there I said it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 22

1 hour ago, Futa.4375 said:

I still gave you the benefit of the doubt after EoD and again after SotO but I'm sorry: you haven't learned anything. This time it's an immediate refund for me.

It's completely unclear what you're talking about, which makes the complaint -or the refund announcement- pointless.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I haven't bought Janthir Wilds yet (I don't preorder games as a rule). Watching Teapot's stream and seeing rifts with a different flavour of trash enemy and 'fill the green bar' type content has lowered my enthusiasm somewhat I must admit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I would understand the "lengthy dialogue" complaint if I was on my third playthrough. But for starters I found said dialogue very well written and exciting, the story seems well executed. Liked the writing a lot, and it made me really curious about what's ahead of us. Plus, a lot of lore -- and the best thing about it: a lot of new lore, too!

I am currently enjoying myself. I have just reached the first explorable Janthir Wilds map and I will continue tomorrow. So far: two thumbs up from me. 👍👍

P.S. I like how detailed everything looks. Hope the whole map(s) will have me in awe. 🙂 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Shimple.4318 said:

Man y'all would absolutely loathe the way FFXIV handles their MSQ lol

"Several cutscenes will play in sequence. It is recommended you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety."

God, ARR's unskippable cutscenes are pain and suffering. 😂

• Haha 7
  • Sad 2

Just now, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

For real. Even I, someone who really likes cutscenes and exposition, think those can go on a bit too long. 😉

I played all of FF14 straight through for the first time last year.  I was exhausted by the end.  I mean, they even put cutscenes in raids/dungeons! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I get it. Gw2 is a story based game. My issue after 13 odd years remains the same - i feel the story could be told in less sentences and still get the point across. If you love story and lore then there should be points where you can listen to more while the rest of us who want more action can carry on with a basic knowledge of why i'm here, what i'm doing etc, because TBH old faces aside, after a while I found myself switching off. 

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

Refunding as well.
The NPC monologues go on forever and the game 13 years later still isnt alt friendly.
I have to do some magic tricks in order to get to an expansion zone to avoid doing these horrid story quests.

but you continued to poke it for a further 11 years?

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

Refunding as well.

That was 2-3 months into 2012. Not gonna lie, I'm impressed with a games 12 year s into its death throes....

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, babak.3654 said:

I haven't bought Janthir Wilds yet (I don't preorder games as a rule). Watching Teapot's stream and seeing rifts with a different flavour of trash enemy and 'fill the green bar' type content has lowered my enthusiasm somewhat I must admit.

worry not, those rifts are currently bugged and not spawning. other than the now go do some rifts which i absolutely hate (even if they did work) and a bit opf a slow start i've really enjoyed it. and i absolutely couldn't stand sota

• Like 1

I get it. Gw2 is a story based game. 

But it wasnt like that at creation. 
Sure you had your little personal questline but that was mostly it.

I swear I dont know why MMOs need a story. It makes no sense that YOU are champion....along with a million other players...

An MMO should be about lore and exploration. Let me discovery whats going on and the history by exploring. Show, dont tell.
And to top it off these NPSc dont know when to shut up.

I will say it again, GW2 died the day they release the "Living Story".

Edited by darkwombat.3695
  • Confused 18

Exposition is the lowest form of storytelling. This is especially the case in an otherwise interactive and visual medium.

I am not claiming that this is what is going on with JW as I am still at work and haven't had a chance to start it, but I understand push back against lengthy info dumps if that is what's going on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, darkwombat.3695 said:

I will say it again, GW2 died the day they release the "Living Story".

Then why are you here crying for hours over a 20 minute story mission if the game is so dead? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Im "crying" because this isnt the game it used to be.
Im not happy everywhere I go I cant do this jump, or open this because I didnt do that skill in a previous expansion.
Or NPCs who wont stop talking.
Or back when a zone had 12 hearts. In Janthir one heart for the whole zone which takes forever.

Some of my issues are more than just the story.

Oh and I didnt mean the game died that way. There are still plenty of players.

Edited by darkwombat.3695
  • Confused 13