Bad enemy design - almost permanent boon corrupt AoEs

1 minute ago, Bish.8627 said:

They have awful mechanics, but they also need their aggro ranged reduced massively

The wolves heard you posting this, they know your location and are approaching rapidly.

• Haha 8

On 8/25/2024 at 11:55 AM, willow.8209 said:

That's what my mech does at WB/meta.

Grenade spam on engi surely does sound like insanely fun gameplay /s

Also if I wanted to play mech I'd just play condi mech, not scrapper.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2024 at 5:21 AM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

We couldn't have anything nice for long around here, it was fun while it lasted.

As has been stated to you by multiple people, you have plenty of other avenues to pursue high-difficulty content, which has been around for quite a while now.  You're just being disingenuous here.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/25/2024 at 12:25 PM, bq pd.2148 said:

area projectile denial like domes can be bypassed by standing not just inside the area, but inside the hitbox that you are hitting.

Reflect ones do work like that (because there's a reflection point, and if the missile does not hit that boundary it is fine). Some of the skills that instead of reflecting or blocking just flat out remove projectiles (i.e. toxic cloud) are just full area projectile denial effects though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Reflect ones do work like that (because there's a reflection point, and if the missile does not hit that boundary it is fine). Some of the skills that instead of reflecting or blocking just flat out remove projectiles (i.e. toxic cloud) are just full area projectile denial effects though.

It's not even consistent with reflects; i can use Whirl finishers (ice field) inside the hp in ogre lane and freeze myself even though I'm both inside the boss and inside his dome.

Edited by Sjentra.3409
forgot to actually quote...
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

It's not even consistent with reflects; i can use Whirl finishers (ice field) inside the hp in ogre lane and freeze myself even though I'm both inside the boss and inside his dome.

whirl finisher in ice is possible on that one like this:

https://imgur.com/a/kKHc7vt

however whirl finishers create the projectiles in several directions at the edges of your hitbox around you i think and so you have to be very much in the center for them to all spawn inside the hitbox and thus avoid the reflection.
projectiles from bows/pistol/rifle, that go directly from your hitbox to the center of the target hitbox or wherever you aim with action cam are much easier to connect this way.

56 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

i have tested on some projectile denial skills, that one in particular i have not yet.

Edited by bq pd.2148
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Sjentra.3409 said:

Reflect domes work both ways (they reflect missiles from inside towards inside equally well as they work on outside ones). If your missiles pierce, they will go through the boss, get reflected by the dome wal, and go back to you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2024 at 12:55 AM, Chyro.1462 said:

Think they should just change the way the aoes apply their effect. Pulsing boon corrupt constantly is bad and frustrating to play against. I'd rather they work more like hablion's teleport aoes from crown pavilion (just with better visibility). An aoe indicatior that spreads from center to its outer ring, and once it fills out it 'explodes' doing its boon corrupt once. Perhaps if they want a lingering effect the rot can then apply pulsing poison or torment if people still stay in it after that.

But the main point would be that the boon corrupt is a single one-hit thing with a clear indicator and reasonable time to avoid it from hitting you. And if its a single hit instead of pulsing, you can deal with the corrupted boons and move on with the fight instead of being corrupted over and over again. Make it a clear visual punishment for not getting out of it in time rather than a nearly unavoidable menace that is constantly punishing people for being in melee or  jumped by the enemy.

This is the right way to go about it. Clear, single-hit punishment with time to respond. The effect itself doesn't need to be nerfed, just how it's delivered. 

Alternately, a key answer to boonspam is right there on Necro spear: Extirpation. Pulsing, time-stacking boon denial would be sufficiently punishing. I recall another thread (on reddit?) that suggested something akin to "reverse Resistance", where boons just stop working for the duration. Either approach would work but also be much less frustrating or Bad Game Design than the current execution.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Zeph.5927 said:

They constantly charge and jump around like they’re on meth 24/7.

Yeah, between this and the corrupt vomit, it's pretty clear JW is all about melee hate. And as usual, enemies spam abilities on too-short cooldowns, making their nuisance extremely repetitive. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rauderi.8706 said:

Yeah, between this and the corrupt vomit, it's pretty clear JW is all about melee hate. And as usual, enemies spam abilities on too-short cooldowns, making their nuisance extremely repetitive. 

Melee hate is right. I just fought the Champion Jade Construct in Syntri earlier and it had the "Must be in melee range to do any damage" shield on it, and that thing CONSTANTLY SPAMS hard hitting AoE attacks AND knockback effects nonstop. It was basically downing every single person doing the event every 5-10 seconds, and that was with us breaking the defiance bar every time it was up. That is just bad game design.

• Like 3

On 8/25/2024 at 5:20 PM, Uthrax.4975 said:

Yeah, it's 'Powerful Aura' in the water trait line. I'd be interested to know what fire traits other than Smothering Auras you're using.  And I assume you're running Celestial gear?

back home from the weekend now. for open world i'm currently using this, it is no way optimised or properly thought out but it does do the trick

fire 1-2-2

air 1-3-2

tempest 3-1-1

clel gear with rune of scholer and fireworks zerk sword - dagger with force and impact

• Like 1

They really should just get rid of boons altogether. Either that, or make the radius 1500 so that melee stacking won't be a requirement. You are in the party, so you should get the boons. Period.

But no seriously, get rid of boons in PvE.

Healing abilities should be set to heal a percentage of target's max health (percentage can vary by skill), rather than scaling with healing power.

In place of might, just increase everyone's base power/condi damage by 750.

In place of fury just make it so that our base equipment can get us to 100% crit chance if we set it up right and use food/enhancement buffs.

Our conditions should use their base damage coefficient (adjust accordingly) and multiply it by the condition damage attribute such that we can get the nice 5-digit numbers, rather than relying on a number of stacks. Continued applications should only increase duration at that point.

In place of alacrity and quickness, just increase everyone's cast/attack speed by 50% by default and reduce all cooldowns by 25% by default.

In place of vigor, just increase everyone's base endurance regeneration rate by 50%.

In place of regeneration and resistance, just make resistance an attribute we can increase to reduce the damage-over-time we take. That or make agony resistance be resistance.

Conditions applied on us can stay as they currently are, and will still incentivize condi cleanse as part of our rotation.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4