Harvest Shore Salmon Run is TOO TOUGH

Personally I am very bad ad it I think. 😄 The other one I only got 1:40 and this one maybe like 3:xx+ I still don't think the time shoulb be changed tooo hastily. Have not really trained a lot yet. (And not set to do it with first person mode.) Still a lot of other content ot play. (Did not have much time to play the recent days.) HoT also has stuff that is still hard nowadays. In the end it might depend on how rare the mastery points are and how bad you need the one from here. (I think there is just one - for the whole Salmon thing where you need gold in both.)

Changes to the movement and skills itself ... would be better and appreciated though. I think. Some mentioned already issues here - and I agree.

Most important change I'd like it so have it avalable permanently. When the race is on let us still train the adventure.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Altriba.8092 said:

If the adventure needs specific gear to make it to gold consistently, its not a correctly optimized adventure.

The cannons do not launch correctly on occasion, this needs fixing on the launch mechanics/launch detection if possible.

The checkpoints need increased sphere size and detection range, having a run ruined cause a checkpoint fails to register passage sucks.

The race variant needs a proper option to reset the attempt for bronze/silver/gold, as is they only apply on first try, then a player is stuck waiting for event end to be able to try for gold again, why?

The best i can do is 2min.40sec. even with concentration gear. This is not working well at all.

I ended up somehow getting a 2min.21sec run, concentration exotic armor set, concentration backpack and amulet, and a concentration weapon, runes of hoelbrak for more boon duration(in re breather too), relic of speed, had to spam 1, press 2 only if absolutely impossible to get into a cannon by jumping in it with space, or if on land for forward propulsion when 1 is on cooldown, avoid using the 'glub', pray for good cannon launches and that checkpoints will detect passage correctly.

I absolutely have no idea how i got such a good number when the one before that was 2.41 and id done basically nothing different.

Took 3h of attempts tho.

I stand by my previous post points.

Edited by Altriba.8092
  • Like 1

It is not tough, it's bugged.

I just watched a video, and the player in the video did it in more time than it took me to do it, they took a longer path with less endurance orbs, they did it with lots of mistakes I didn't make, yet they got gold but I'm always running out of time. Meaning not everyone is getting the same timer at the start to begin with.

The skill 1 doesn't override the direction of the first to make you move in the direction action camera is facing. If you go into first person to be able to see below the surface of the water, you'll keep darting off in the wrong direction as you can't see the orientation of the first.

The jump skill fails to jump half of the time.

The cannons sometimes decide not to shoot you.

The surface-of-water UI change hides the skills even though they still work.

HoT's nightmare of adventures riddled with bugs strikes again.

Edit: Ok, it can be done, in the RACE version. With plenty of time to spare, because it gives a ton more time to do it. The Adventure version doesn't give enough time to do it. All other issues still stand for the race version, tho. Managed to do it while avoiding all of them as much as I could. Extremely frustrating.

Edited by MithranArkanere.8957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

What I did for mine was I stacked 1 min of swiftness before starting the adventure. It seems to be only way to really get through it.

They should probably just make the swiftness granted from the fish swimming ability a high duration by default. Perhaps maybe even upgrade the swiftness into superspeed?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Jabba.8392 said:

If you do the race (not the adventurer) it's enough to finish first in order to get the achievement done!
My best time is 3:00 and I still got my mastery point 🙂

Did the race got gold and it didn't count towards the specific achievement.

• Like 2

finally got it done after 10+ hrs and people are right as it is bugged (multiple stuff) but few things helped me with the bug. One of the bug i notice was sometime the fish is swimming fast while other times no mater how much dash im spamming it is sluggish (decreases you momentum). first i thought it might be the river stream going against me pushing me back if i go through shallow water or near the edge, so i stayed at the bottom or mid level. but even with that i notice that bug (could be because of the camera). whenever i log out to character select screen and came back, it fix that issue temporarily. But with so many other interference, it is hard to tell.

Second most annoying issue i had were the cannon specially the first one that shoots you vertically instead of diagonally. What helped reduce that issue was i used the space (smally jump) front of the cannon instead of the side or back. hitting from the front of the cannon help almost all the time. 

few things i notice that helped me since every seconds count. the big jump button forgot which skill it is, use its as less as possible as it can waste 2-3 seconds. so i only used it at second and 3rd cannon. And when you use it, use it as you making sure you hit the cannon. Because it will register the cannon and shoots you instead of wasting your time. they should fix it by making cannon bit more sensitive and shoots you to your destination. almost like your fish is magnet to the cannon instead of wasting a jump or getting stuck. 

i did it with the recent patch and it worked but not sure if it will be nerfed or not. as said previously here stack up speed buff before you start. If you have a character with superspeed or friend who can give you that buff, it will help a lot. sadly i didn't have any one with that but i was using my mesmer with that signet that provides speed buff every 10 seconds (not sure if the signet still works after you transform but i had that speed buff on me all the time). and in the last section of the race, grab all the blue orb and spam the dash. that was very important for me cause whenever i didn't grab them i noticed i was 1-4 seconds late. so they definitely helped. the first one you can skip it depends on how much endurance you have but rest of them you can't skip. 

this is what i have, not sure if they were patched or not as i did it with the recent update as of now.

- diviners gear with superior rune of air (any rune with speed duration) people saying this is fixed but i didn't notice a huge difference maybe a 2-3 second loss difference.

- 40% endurance food (this was very helpful specially when i missed those blue orbs)

- speed sigil

- swim speed infusion at 15% (not sure if that help or just a placebo effect for me).

Even with all that, i still have to do almost perfect run to make it at 2:28 min. and honestly it shouldn't be like that, this adventure is just a poor design with bunch of bugs specially when you lose your momentum out of no where and slows you down. They definitely need to update this adventure. otherwise it can be fun if it works correctly. 

6 hours ago, eyelogix.1654 said:

Did the race got gold and it didn't count towards the specific achievement.

I think he is confused with the other achievement cause this achievement asks you to get gold in adventure and not the race. it could have been a bug that probably gotten fixed. 

Edited by Dmitri Anzel.8940
  • Like 3

On 8/22/2024 at 5:05 PM, Altriba.8092 said:

If the adventure needs specific gear to make it to gold consistently, its not a correctly optimized adventure.

The cannons do not launch correctly on occasion, this needs fixing on the launch mechanics/launch detection if possible.

The checkpoints need increased sphere size and detection range, having a run ruined cause a checkpoint fails to register passage sucks.

The race variant needs a proper option to reset the attempt for bronze/silver/gold, as is they only apply on first try, then a player is stuck waiting for event end to be able to try for gold again, why?

The best i can do is 2min.40sec. even with concentration gear. This is not working well at all.

Yes to all of this.  The races should require no special gear, those should just be for someone who wants to play around and beat their own time.  

I watched some videos of how to get the gold, and while it shaved my time to under 3 min, I have yet to get it to 2.30.  Had a perfect run and still no.  Either put more speed boosts along the way or increase the time or something, it's way too tight.  

Cheers to those who have made it, I'll keep trying and hope for some luck.   

• Like 4

You don't need boons or anything like that for this. I got gold on my first ever run while making small mistakes here and there. Just use the skills wisely, the first one under the water to speed yourself up and the second one to get up to the cannons. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Dmitri Anzel.8940 said:

I think he is confused with the other achievement cause this achievement asks you to get gold in adventure and not the race. it could have been a bug that probably gotten fixed. 

I'm aware that there are 2 achievements (sth fishy and the fish race stuff). Finished sth fishy before and got the other achievement done after finishing first place in this race with a time >3minutes. Might be bugged, but I was lucky 🙂

• Like 1

Both of them are too difficult.  The kitten camera keeps going above water even when zoom all the way in, the hit detection on the energy boosts and the gates is busted.  The jump skill doesn't work half the time.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Confused 2

I cracked the code.
Step 1: use Orrian truffle and meat stew (40% endurance regen)

Step 2: buy and use "Thesis on Speed" from Maw of the Volcano npc (south of Sleuth of Brawfields POI its the arena at the right at Lowland shore)

Step 3: I used warrior warhorn #4 and #5 then clicked start

No relic of speed, no gear change etc.

Finally got gold. Never looking back.

Edited by SpecterMAT.7306
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, grimspectre.6981 said:

not sure if ping plays a role, but sometimes mashing the keys doesnt make the salmon jump resulting in more lost time. 

Ping on EU servers definitely is terrible at the moment. I can confirm that ping plays a role there as you get teleported around, skills are blinking but not activating. People I know have the same issue. 
Managed to get gold in one of the adventures finally but didn't even get a amstery point for it. All other adventures awarded a point. I just stop bothering with this one then. 

Edited by Cynder.2509
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cynder.2509 said:

Ping on EU servers definitely is terrible at the moment. I can confirm that ping plays a role there as you get teleported around, skills are blinking but not activating. People I know have the same issue. 
Managed to get gold in one of the adventures finally but didn't even get a amstery point for it. All other adventures awarded a point. I just stop bothering with this one then. 

All adventures in Janthir Wilds only give a mastery point for silver! Gold doesnt award you with any mastery, so theres no need to stress about it other than for completionist sake. A good change in my opinion 🙂

• Like 1

Honestly, I am outraged.

How can we even call this a Salmon Run? Sure we jump up waterfalls, but I ask you: where are the constant bear and eagle attacks? Why do we not turn red and develop grotesque humps as we migrate from salt to freshwater? And how can we not be insulted when we reach the climax of this so-called "adventure"' and it doesn't even involve joining a whitewater throng of thousands of spawning Commandfinders expending the last of their lifeforce in a frenzy of egg fertilization? How could the devs have possibly missed the opportunity for such an immersive experience, and it's natural "Help clear the river of rapidly deteriorating post-coital salmon husks." followup event? I'm starting to think, that Anet didn't think about the salmon reproduction cycle at all when they were making this...

I know that I for one will not rest until Anet formally apologizes to me by way of launching whichever developer made this out of Bellevue by way of pneumatic Salmon cannon. You're based in Washington, so we know you have them available!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1