Homestead Decoration materials rarity/prices

10 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Right now is likely worst case for TP material prices. Demand is high, probably near peak, while supply is low because no one has a stockpile and a high proportion are keeping materials for their own use.

Prices of tradeable materials are almost certain to drop.

issues is the supply of those lumbs for example is low becaue they drop sooo rarely, sure the price might go down again but not much

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Example of which materials? 

Because whatever anet does right now doesnt matter. The materials will go up and down like crazy next few weeks until it settles. 

There are people who bought thousands of cheap materials now selling for a big profit. 

Pristine feathers, Lamp finials, Feldspar cores, Auric crowns, Giant mushroom spores, Jungle grass seeds, Rare flower seeds, Festive transoms, Ascalonian blueprints, Alpine/Arid/Ascalonian/Coastal/Krytan/Palm lumber cores.

These were all introduced nearly a decade ago with HoT as ingredients for crafting guild hall decorations. Some of these are dirt cheap (even though none of them drop on a regular basis) but some are several gold apiece and have been since they were introduced to the game. The Giant mushroom spore is the most expensive of all at nearly 11G.

I'm the kind of player who gathers most nodes when I'm out exploring the open world and in almost 10 years I haven't collected a full stack for any of these items. Lumber cores drop the most out of all these, but nowhere near on a daily (or even weekly) basis. Farming these is a pain in the kitten so the TP is the best and quickest solution, but many won't be able to afford some of these items in any significant numbers.

These prices won't change favorably. The demand for them was low so far (because I've never seen this complaint before, when these were only useful for guild halls). Now that homesteads are in the game and they seem to be a lot more popular than guild halls, the demand will only increase. Supply, however, won't change unless ANet increases the drop rates for these items. With guild halls they could use the argument that a guild hall is a communal space and building and expanding it is a group (guild) effort and people should pool their resources. That argument doesn't fly with homesteads, though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

i join the party to complain about how rare Lumber Cores are, i had the same feeling even before homestead, just for guild matters. I like gathering mats myself, also using glyphs and all the bonuses i can stack and yet not a single piece of those kitten things in a whole map. At least let us buy them from some vendor or refine them from other wood, even time gated!
I dunno how your guilds have stacks of those things, guys. Every time i organise a gathering session i never manage to get some of those!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kurosy.1384 said:

I dunno how your guilds have stacks of those things, guys. Every time i organise a gathering session i never manage to get some of those!

Nobody used them and just dumped them in our guild chest for the scribe to use. after a while the scribe didnt need them anymore, so they slowly started to fill up. We don't have the palm ones though, because of the value, people probably sold them..

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 7:20 PM, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Prices of tradeable materials are almost certain to drop.

yea probably not of the lumber cores and other super rare things. More likely it will go up as more people get through story and masteries and start to want them too.

Unless Anet changes something.

Just now, willow.8209 said:

yea probably not of the lumber cores and other super rare things. More likely it will go up as more people get through story and masteries and start to want them too.

Unless Anet changes something.

in my experience, Anet won't. look at how they did the whole scribe thing. sometimes a single item was 70g a piece.. I am sorry but 3g for a single decoration in the homestead is nothing compared to those prices.. Guild scribing will now even be more expensive then before.

Just now, Cronospere.8143 said:

in my experience, Anet won't. look at how they did the whole scribe thing. sometimes a single item was 70g a piece.. I am sorry but 3g for a single decoration in the homestead is nothing compared to those prices.. Guild scribing will now even be more expensive then before.

see I never tried scribing exactly because everyone said it's expensive. I can see it would be painful, though, that it's looking even more expensive since the homesteads.

However 3g is on the low side of what people are citing as problematic prices just for homesteads.

In the guild hall they always had the excuse that everyone is contributing. I'm not super convinced that finding 2 lumber cores a year or so and maybe 1 mushroom spore in my life, really does all that much to contribute. And I'm one that gathers most of the time as I go here and there. I frequently skip using WP partly to save on silvers and partly so I will see nodes as I travel. I find plenty of resonating silvers but I didn't see those being used for homestead in what i have unlocked so far. 

For something that was advertised as easily attainable by an individual, some of the things they chose for components were really counterproductive. Not just because homesteads but also because, as you said, guild halls use the same items.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, willow.8209 said:

advertised as easily attainable by an individual

Do you have a source for that by any chance? I am very curious as to just how the reality of implementation matches the prerelease info.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2024 at 9:08 PM, Raseus.2543 said:

There are a lot of homestead decorations that need items that rarely drop from gathering nodes, those items are now about 5g+ each some even more expensive on the trading post. Please arenanet revisit the needed materials and check where they come from and how much they cost on the trading post. Then either change the recipe or increase the drop chance. 

The decorations are the newest, hottest, shiniest stuff. Off course the prices are high.

But I want to remind you, that the antique summoning stones did cost way over 10 gold per peace at the release of EoD. Only a few months later the price fall drastically to nearly 2-3 gold, and nowadays they cost only 1,4 gold.

Give it some time, the materials for the decoration materials will also quicker drop in price than you will realize.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Do you have a source for that by any chance? I am very curious as to just how the reality of implementation matches the prerelease info.

I'm sorry, I don't have exact wording and don't recall which content said that. I'm certain they did say something of this sort, however, and others seem to recall this too.

Overpriced materials.
None furniture from achievements and their themes.
Weekly limit.

I cant understand why a for fun system need so much burocracy, they promised a cool feature but looks like a gold/material sink that cant be used for casual players who just want focus on this game mode, a game mode without reason to be hardcore.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

The decorations are the newest, hottest, shiniest stuff. Off course the prices are high.

But I want to remind you, that the antique summoning stones did cost way over 10 gold per peace at the release of EoD. Only a few months later the price fall drastically to nearly 2-3 gold, and nowadays they cost only 1,4 gold.

Give it some time, the materials for the decoration materials will also quicker drop in price than you will realize.

Not if ANet doesn't change anything. You're comparing these decoration materials, which are all random and rare drops (some more than others), with items that have a guaranteed way to acquire them. Getting antique summoning stones is not dependent on luck/RNG, while the decoration materials listed above are. They also don't drop from events. You'd have to go through entire maps and gather all the nodes you come across. I can guarantee you that the majority of players do not find running around maps gathering, for instance, all mushroom nodes as riveting gameplay, especially when you're looking for a rare RNG drop. It's not like trying to farm infusions, because that at least requires you to do events and you'll get other materials that you can sell for a profit. Good luck making a profit off mushrooms in the game.

You can always be assured of 5 antique summoning stones a week, 12 if you do daily DE meta. Conversely, you can run around maps all week and gather all mushroom nodes and still not get a single giant mushroom spore, let alone 5 or 12. So this is not an equal comparison. Also, these materials have been expensive for almost a decade now. Increasing demand but not supply will not have the desired effect on the price of these items. It will only exacerbate the problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/24/2024 at 12:14 AM, MysticalGoddess.8637 said:

Sadly this is the choice i have made, I am going to log in daily and collect my materials from homestead, weekly collect my time gated materials, and then not touch decorating my homestead

That's what I was planning, but now I think I might cordon off a route to all the places that have a function for me, just to have some fun with it. Depends how large walls can be stretched, I need to check that.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Not if ANet doesn't change anything. You're comparing these decoration materials, which are all random and rare drops (some more than others), with items that have a guaranteed way to acquire them. Getting antique summoning stones is not dependent on luck/RNG, while the decoration materials listed above are. They also don't drop from events. You'd have to go through entire maps and gather all the nodes you come across. I can guarantee you that the majority of players do not find running around maps gathering, for instance, all mushroom nodes as riveting gameplay, especially when you're looking for a rare RNG drop. It's not like trying to farm infusions, because that at least requires you to do events and you'll get other materials that you can sell for a profit. Good luck making a profit off mushrooms in the game.

You can always be assured of 5 antique summoning stones a week, 12 if you do daily DE meta. Conversely, you can run around maps all week and gather all mushroom nodes and still not get a single giant mushroom spore, let alone 5 or 12. So this is not an equal comparison. Also, these materials have been expensive for almost a decade now. Increasing demand but not supply will not have the desired effect on the price of these items. It will only exacerbate the problem.

They also didn't change anything with the random drops for scribes back in HoT. And the price of all of them also fall drastically from douple digits of silver to only few copper. 

Edited by Keymaster.7362

6 hours ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

They also didn't change anything with the random drops for scribes back in HoT. And the price of all of them also fall drastically from douple digits of silver to only few copper. 

Excuse me? It's these items we're talking about specifically (because the rest are all regular materials with guaranteed or decent droprates): Pristine feathers, Lamp finials, Feldspar cores, Auric crowns, Giant mushroom spores, Jungle grass seeds, Rare flower seeds, Festive transoms, Ascalonian blueprints, Alpine/Arid/Ascalonian/Coastal/Krytan/Palm lumber cores.

The most egregious ones in this list are the giant mushroom spore (11g), jungle grass seed (3G), rare flower seed (8G), palm lumber core (7.5G) and coastal lumber core (2.3G).

As an example, let's say I want to make a patch of thorny mushrooms in my homestead. Every single one of those mushrooms will cost me at least 11G because I need a giant mushroom spore to make them. At least ANet adapted the recipes so you don't need multiple lower level mushroom decorations to craft one higher level one, like we do for guild halls, or we would have needed 4 giant mushroom spores, making the lvl 375 crooked thorny mushroom 44G. Want palm trees in your homestead? That's 7.5G per palm tree. Bamboo? 3G per bamboo tree. These are high prices for simple plant decorations. And before you say "So ANet removed the requirement of needing 4 or 5 of an expensive item to make 1 decoration; that's a good thing." Yes, it seems so at first sight, until you realize they've replaced this with weekly timegated materials instead. A universal limit, regardless of an indivual's wealth.

It's all well and fine when it comes to guild halls. They're supposed to be a group effort where people pool resources to decorate their group space. Still annoying, these prices/low drop rates and that it hasn't changed in years, but one could argue it makes sense for a group space. But a homestead is a personal space, something everyone works on for themselves. Barring charitable rich players or generous friends, why would anyone invest gold in someone else's homestead? Fact is, because of these prices the average player will not be able to have many of these plants, shrooms or trees. You can furnish the entire house for less than the price of one of these. Seems a bit exorbitant, don't you think?

As it is, I think this might be just an oversight. Just like an item from a tier III legendary precursor achievement (that is only available as long as you don't finish the achievement) needed to make a simple thing as a chandelier. These things have been in the game for nearly a decade and no one has bothered with them much since then. Guild halls are pretty much abandoned content as far as ANet is concerned (especially now with homesteads in the game), and I've never seen forum posts complaining about the high cost of decoration recipes for guild halls (which are much worse than homestead decorations).

TL;DR No, those prices haven't dropped, at least not for all of these items. Increasing drop rates would most certainly help the less affluent players in the game. It's not as if these are "legendary" decorations, or anything. They're just regular, not even top level, crafting recipes. Also, guild halls are multiplayer content while the homestead is not, so the comparison is askew.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Sounds like a case of, "Be careful what you ask for" for all those begging for player housing. Keep in mind that it could be worse, they could have put everything in the gem store.

Yup. I'm taking advantage of this to sell every mat I have that is used for homestead decorations. It's awesome 🙂

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

scribe was intended to be more expensive because its a guild effort. But having toxic mushrooms sitting at 90g is just not normal even for a demanded item. 

• Like 1

Yea the droprates/prices might've made sense when they were just used for guild hall decorations. There's obviously fewer guilds than players, and guilds as a whole could get a somewhat steady supply from guildies gathering getting them and then donating to guild bank, or you could pool gold to buy them with guild money.

But when every single player gets a homestead, and a single Mushroom Spore for 1 single mushroom in your homestead (which is the size of a guild hall) costs 60+ gold? That's way too much. Something needs to be done, or the homestead is basically gonna be dead content for anyone who'd like to add more nature to their homestead.

As it is, we're talking the equivalent of €2.5 for 1 mushroom. You could buy a garden plot with actual function for the cost of 4 spores. Absolute lunacy

Edited by Wizie.2167

I wanted to add some of the mushroom decorations for my outdoor kitchen, turns out everyone (except for one) requires a Giant Mushroom Spore which costs 60g in TP.

At this point, even if I drop one of these spores, I rather sell it instead of using it for a single decoration piece.

Enjoyed playing through the expansion, but homesteads was a big reason of me getting the expansion

And the housing itself did not dissapoint, but ...

Was very dissapointed with how grindy it is

So sadly I'm not really playing much anymore, except for logging on weekly for wizard vault and homestead resources

I usually have not much problem with grindy'ish progression. I did not complaing about SOTO legendary armor either, as I saw many did.

But this is different to me. This should not be grindy. It should just be about building.

Sure, you can have some grindy stuff and sell exclusive shiny stuff on gemstore

But I feel like you should just make all the basic stuff MUCH cheaper with no timegating

It's really just pointless imo. There's lots of things to grind for in the game, but core building blocks for homesteads should not be grindy imo

It also think it will prevent many people from even getting started with it

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Yes let's talk also about the molten slivers you need to craft the basic candles, and similar, they don't drop anywhere and prices on tp is skyrocketing.
Or let me downgrade the insane amount of molten cores I have, or whatever.
I'm stuck on crafting because of the impossibility of silly materials that are not easily replenishable.
I can understand for very special decorations, but for basic ones? Give me something farmable.

Edited by Mayadeva.8654

A single tree costs: 

27 refined homestead wood = 108 elder wood (ok, maybe I can understand that, I guess, but it still seems high)

1 Alpine wood core - I have seen maybe half a dozen of these in a over a year of play! (put them in the guild bank for scribes, and they are gone).

50 war supplies - These are an account bound item from a living world story I don't even have.  Which would cost me 400 gold to just be allowed to collect...

I want a forest.  SO STUPID.  In the preview, they were just plopping out trees like it was nothing.  What it actually is, is hours of grinding PER TREE.

Thank you kindly.

• Thanks 1