Not able to make conjured doorway in certain maps

I wanted to open my homestead for my guildies in Silverwaste, but it says you can not do that on this map.. while on other maps it does work. Does this get fixed? 

Silverwaste is not an instance so I don't see the problem? 

Please fix this so that everyone can open from there aswell 

• Like 9

Yes, this is inconvenient, to say the least.

And furthermore, if they don't want these doors to work in VIP lounges like the Mistlock Sanctuary, at least add a simple direct teleport! It is so annoying to have to port to a (working) map first only to be able to summon the door.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 13
  • Confused 2

You also can only put the door where there's nav mesh, with the Skyscale there's plenty of places you can reach without it and no door for you there...

At this point can we just get another portal scroll to TP home? I'd be fine with it, I have scrolls for days I can handle another one.

• Like 4

I am primarily a WvW player, so if I want to show a friend my homestead, it’s my understanding that we would both have to go to a random PvE map to then be able to open/enter the door? I understand completely why it isn’t allowed in any of the actual WvW maps, but at least allowing it in Armistice Bastion (as well as other lounges) would make it much easier for people to be able to visit each other. I had assumed that the doors were only visible to party members, but I accidentally summoned one in Janthir Syntri yesterday, and someone saw it and invited me so they could check out my homestead. I would recommend the doorways just not be visible to non-party members in order to prevent a bunch of visual/interactable obstructions in lounges and other similar areas.

• Like 1

You can't summon the door in mistlock sanctuary nor pvp waiting lobby either. sometimes i don't even bother any more, which is sad, because i really like my homestead. I also ask: what is the point? like, why even have the summons of a door? it's cool to look at, but a simple scroll seems way more user-friendly, such as every single other passkey we have. 

Another "me too" vote for fixing this. There are far too many random places where the doorway cannot be summoned, and there's no plausible rhyme or reason as to why.

Obvious solution: remove the pointless ground-targeting reticle and just make it spawn at your location just like mounts and chairs. If you can use either of those in any given spot, then you should also be able to place the doorway there.

Here's another obvious no-brainer: add the Homestead as a destination to the Home Portal Stone! I can't think of a single good reason why this wasn't done in the first place.

• Thanks 2

On 8/23/2024 at 3:12 PM, sakura.1856 said:

I wanted to open my homestead for my guildies in Silverwaste, but it says you can not do that on this map..

I think in the case of Silverwaste this is intentional… Silverwaste is the Level 80 boost Trial map afterall… they probably don’t want to risk someone finding a way to use the Homestead to leave silverwaste without confirming their boost.

Since this doorway is almost certainly going to end up subbing for a dedicated JW telescroll, it needs to behave like one and allow its use anywhere a telescroll can be used.

Currently the Home Portal Stone, lounge passes and various tomes are just easier than using the Homestead door. I pretty much only use it if I need to get to Janthir, since again it's probably all we're going to get for that purpose and we don't (won't?) have a Gate. And then once we're inside, we can't even map-travel out because the rest of the map layers aren't available while there. Bottom line, there's too much friction in the way we access the expansion zone and its Big New Feature for it to be practical, which cannot be intentional.

Also, what exactly is the purpose of the "Remove Doorway" button? I don't see any reason why we need two different ways to say "Cancel." 🤔 

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
typo
  • Like 5

I am having weird ones where I have alts at world bosses. One time after jungle worm it wouldn’t let me leave right away. Took a few minutes. Guess it wanted to make me late for the next boss. Another was at Tequatl. I’ve left a few minutes before it starts, but am unable to leave once it starts? Yet, provided I’m not in combat, I can leave any time I want with old school passes.

The “no going home in a raid” is a slight bummer if you join a world boss train bit like to switch alts and want to park them at home.

im going to have to switch to a method where I play who I want for a few hours the old way (log out in place or thousand island port), then “clean up” at the end of my play session and send everyone home. 

On 8/31/2024 at 7:16 PM, Panda.1967 said:

I think in the case of Silverwaste this is intentional… Silverwaste is the Level 80 boost Trial map afterall… they probably don’t want to risk someone finding a way to use the Homestead to leave silverwaste without confirming their boost.

Dry top also doesn't work..  and that is not the level 80 boost trial map 

You get 3000 messages if you are sure to use or not use your boost, is that still a risk then? 

1 minute ago, sakura.1856 said:

Dry top also doesn't work..  and that is not the level 80 boost trial map 

You get 3000 messages if you are sure to use or not use your boost, is that still a risk then? 

I said nothing about why it my be like that for other maps… it could be a mistake, or maybe a back end coding issue with some LW2 maps that prevents them from disabling it on just one map, so those others might have been collateral damage… all any of us can do is speculate.