12/12 thief patch

Urejt.5648

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@saerni.2584 said:

@Turk.5460 said:Keep in mind that this patch also significantly buffed any Daredevil running EA.

How so?

It's not a Thief-only buff, but more of a buff to condition clears in general. I singled out EA because it is one of the strongest condition clears in the game, and now conditions can be cleared before they do as much damage as they did before the patch in the same timeframe. I guess I should also specify that its a buff when you are vs. a condition built player.

Fair enough. I consider that more of a wash because the same 1) load up condi 2) stop attacking will apply and it will just take 4-5 seconds longer for them to die.

On the other hand against those that flail it won’t matter too much because even at higher stacks the cleanse on EA was very strong and let people take effectively no damage in some cases.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:LOL stealth stacking nerfed hard

not that hard... DD can still gain 4 stacks on a smoke field by bound backwards, heartseeker forewards, bound backwards, heartseeker forwards. And without the move debuff, you can still get 3 with heartseeker alone just by being quick with your reverse direction key.

And the real reason of why it kills it totally flew over your head.

Think about it

@Sojourner.4621 said:Can now confirm for sure, Weakening Charge does in fact VERY reliably hit targeted enemies with all three strikes now. This is actually a buff to DD staff rotation.

Not for me honestly, I use weakening charge quite often and striving through the targets! and dodging back allowed a nice flow of movement. Now it stops at the first mob and that's it. If I dodge for the extra damage from Bound, I actually dodge away from the target. I did fractals today after the patch and it sucked. It's actually less damage now against a couple of mobs. It might be better for single targets now, but you still dodge away if you don't move first. I also used it to jump over shockwaves while dealing damage, instead of jumping. This will now end at Samarog's butt before the shockwave hits.

I don't like it at all and I don't understand why this change was made. Would have been better to just fix the third attack to always land.

@saerni.2584 said:Fair enough. I consider that more of a wash because the same 1) load up condi 2) stop attacking will apply and it will just take 4-5 seconds longer for them to die.

On the other hand against those that flail it won’t matter too much because even at higher stacks the cleanse on EA was very strong and let people take effectively no damage in some cases.

Ehhhh.... the whole thing is that a burst of heavy condition stacks with short durations is hard to counter in pvp, and by extending the durations and lowering the frontload, it is easier to cleanse and makes them less impactful.

@Nomad.4301 said:Some nice changes, though it doesn't fix the sustained damage issue with rifle in PvE. What I don't get why they felt the need to nerf sundering strikes from:

Critical hits have a chance to cause vulnerability.Chance on Critical Hit: 50%Vulnerability (6s): 1% Incoming Damage, 1% Incoming Condition Damage

To a flat 5 stacks that ONLY applies with a stealth attack, lasts for 5 seconds (shorter duration) and has a 1 sec ICD (not like that matters given it's tied to a stealth attack anyways). With the old version you could stack up around 10-15 vuln permanently with just autos depending on your crit and if you had quickness.

I don't think anyone actually even ran this trait tbh, I guess stacking vuln is now OP? considering other classes got similar pointless nerfs.

It got pretty stupid, fast. Especially on DD. I don't mind the Nerf too much, as it makes our backstabs more valuable than they were before.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@Sojourner.4621 said:Can now confirm for sure, Weakening Charge does in fact VERY reliably hit targeted enemies with all three strikes now. This is actually a buff to DD staff rotation.

Not for me honestly, I use weakening charge quite often and striving through the targets! and dodging back allowed a nice flow of movement. Now it stops at the first mob and that's it. If I dodge for the extra damage from Bound, I actually dodge away from the target. I did fractals today after the patch and it sucked. It's actually less damage now against a couple of mobs. It might be better for single targets now, but you still dodge away if you don't move first. I also used it to jump over shockwaves while dealing damage, instead of jumping. This will now end at Samarog's butt before the shockwave hits.

I don't like it at all and I don't understand why this change was made. Would have been better to just fix the third attack to always land.

that's why you don't dodge away... see... while WC can't pass through enemies, Bound CAN... in fact, if you are standing on one side of the enemy, then bound through it, it makes it more likely the impact from bound will hit the enemy... then you just WC again to reverse direction. You may also consider adjusting strategy to include vault on things like Sammy.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@saerni.2584 said:Fair enough. I consider that more of a wash because the same 1) load up condi 2) stop attacking will apply and it will just take 4-5 seconds longer for them to die.

Ehhhh.... the whole thing is that a burst of heavy condition stacks with short durations is hard to counter in pvp, and by extending the durations and lowering the frontload, it is easier to cleanse and makes them less impactful.

Most skills went from 3 for five to 2 for 8. Meaning it added three seconds. I’m not sure three seconds will be as helpful as some people are suggesting, but we will see.

Meanwhile the current durations and stacks for condi thief remain the same. As has been mentioned by a few others BT remains far preferable in many builds to Pressure Striking.

@Kallist.5917 said:It's been so long since Ive seen a near 100% buff to our class, that I am still having trouble believing it. The things they nerfed are so limited that I cant see it as anything but a buff. I dont know how to feel. Im so used too Anet beating me, its like a drunken abusive parent taking you to Disneyland.

what buff? unless ur talking about PvE then okay but still any class can do pve thief didnt really recieve any buff pvp wise if u ask me.

"Steady Focus: This trait has been renamed Farsighted, and its functionality has been changed. It now causes projectiles fired by ranger weapon skills to deal 5% bonus damage. This bonus is increased to 10% on foes beyond a range of 600."

...just saying.....

PS: Lb soulbeast is still a better "sniper" than your roleplay full potential deadeye.

@"Asur.9178" said:"Steady Focus: This trait has been renamed Farsighted, and its functionality has been changed. It now causes projectiles fired by ranger weapon skills to deal 5% bonus damage. This bonus is increased to 10% on foes beyond a range of 600."

...just saying.....

PS: Lb soulbeast is still a better "sniper" than your roleplay full potential deadeye.

Lmao. Death's Judgement can get up to 128% extra damage and be fired multiple times. Try again.

@reddie.5861 said:

@Kallist.5917 said:It's been so long since Ive seen a near 100% buff to our class, that I am still having trouble believing it. The things they nerfed are so limited that I cant see it as anything but a buff. I dont know how to feel. Im so used too Anet beating me, its like a drunken abusive parent taking you to Disneyland.

what buff? unless ur talking about PvE then okay but still any class can do pve thief didnt really recieve any buff pvp wise if u ask me.

a PVE buff is better than a No-buff. And honestly, I was expecting a nerf overall, so its a good day.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@"Asur.9178" said:"Steady Focus: This trait has been renamed Farsighted, and its functionality has been changed. It now causes projectiles fired by ranger weapon skills to deal 5% bonus damage. This bonus is increased to 10% on foes beyond a range of 600."

...just saying.....

Lmao. Death's Judgement can get up to 128% extra damage and be fired multiple times. Try again.

Try landing multiple times.

@kash.9213 said:

...just saying.....

Try landing multiple times.

Not that hard. The skill is as fast as the auto.

@Kallist.5917 said:

a PVE buff is better than a No-buff. And honestly, I was expecting a nerf overall, so its a good day.

dude... if you enter a raid or even a fractal pug carrying a rifle you get insta kicked, this buff in PvE is worthless!

@Volrath.1473 said:

dude... if you enter a raid or even a fractal pug carrying a rifle you get insta kicked, this buff in PvE is worthless!Not an issue. I do fractals all the time with my 3 buddies, so its not a problem. Honestly, we didnt realize fractals were considered difficult until recently when some players in one of our guilds were complaining. I mean, yea, they take time, but its really not bad at all if you know the mechanics and characters.And Raids are all handled by my Guild, lead by our buddy, Cross. And we're very much anti-meta when it comes to those. Would rather our players try out everything than be cookie cutter copies of every other group.

@Kallist.5917 said:

dude... if you enter a raid or even a fractal pug carrying a rifle you get insta kicked, this buff in PvE is worthless!Not an issue. I do fractals all the time with my 3 buddies, so its not a problem. Honestly, we didnt realize fractals were considered difficult until recently when some players in one of our guilds were complaining. I mean, yea, they take time, but its really not bad at all if you know the mechanics and characters.And Raids are all handled by my Guild, lead by our buddy, Cross. And we're very much anti-meta when it comes to those. Would rather our players try out everything than be cookie cutter copies of every other group.

i know, i can output over 20k dps with DE/Acro/Crit with rifle + S/P but unless i fo DD i get kicked....

@Nomad.4301 said:What I don't get why they felt the need to nerf sundering strikes from:

Critical hits have a chance to cause vulnerability.Chance on Critical Hit: 50%Vulnerability (6s): 1% Incoming Damage, 1% Incoming Condition Damage

To a flat 5 stacks that ONLY applies with a stealth attack, lasts for 5 seconds (shorter duration) and has a 1 sec ICD (not like that matters given it's tied to a stealth attack anyways). With the old version you could stack up around 10-15 vuln permanently with just autos depending on your crit and if you had quickness.Because it's impossible for them to release a balance patch without nerfing thief in some way.

@"Urejt.5648" said:*** Cursed Bullet: Increased base damage by 43%.

this one is my favourite, i use that skill alot in WvW to get rid of enemy protection or to fear interrupt them with their stability already did hit up to over 6k, wonder how much it is now.

edit: after a little bit of roaming this night (sadly not many good fights..mostly like 1 vs 3 and hoping they dont rezz quick enough) i checked my recording for a cursed bullet and i found this nice one as one of the first, the nec didnt survive the DJ during the fear caused from this bullet.KqyIeH7.jpg

Archived