If we are not gonna have new elite specs, then we need the missing core elite skills

DarkK.7368

21 hours ago, Terrorangel.1526 said:

Maybe you have some input for legends yourself.

Snaff could be a good pick for a Legend… Legendary Golemancer has a nice ring to it… considering the fact that he died in the same encounter that killed Glint, and we can channel Glint… there is no reason we shouldn’t be able to channel him too…

Either Saul D’Alessio or Connfessor Dorian could even be a good choice given the fact that 2 core legends were villians… Saul might be the more entertaining choice since we’d get to hear his opinions on what the white mantle became after his death… while Dorian would certainly just be super antagonistic…

Bathea Havocbringer, Legendary Heretic… the Charr who actually began the Charr Rebellion against the Flame Legion when the Flame Legion first presented the Titans as gods… she would make a good legend to channel… and she’d be an interesting parity to Kalla Scorchrazor giving us both the Charr who started the rebellion and the Charr who lead the rebellion to its eventual success as legends…

Uh I'll try

Guardian

Feel my wrath

The thing everyone uses

Signet of courage

It exists? I dont know if healing builds even use it cause you already have healing tomes and weapon skills and the super long animation that can be interrupted tends to get interrupted

Renewed Focus

Defensive option I know it's good for firebrand to restore pages but other than that not sure if theres a reason to use it over feel my wrath

Necromancer

Plaguelands

Your condi pick. Ive only played power reaper so far so cant speak to it much.

Summon flesh golem

Big CC, necro doesn't nessicarily need the cc but something has to go in the slot and having more cc and agro draw and some damage, good.

Lichen form

I hate using it so my opinion is delete it from the game and replace it with something fun

Ranger

Strength of the pack

Good. Fun.

Spirit of nature

Great for condi cleanse just hope you're group doesnt have to move away as soon as you cast it. Also revive is nice but very situational.

Entangle

A Little bit of condi and cc uhhh thoughts have run out Tbh

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Isopod.4156 said:

Uh I'll try

Guardian

Feel my wrath

The thing everyone uses

Signet of courage

It exists? I dont know if healing builds even use it cause you already have healing tomes and weapon skills and the super long animation that can be interrupted tends to get interrupted

Renewed Focus

Defensive option I know it's good for firebrand to restore pages but other than that not sure if theres a reason to use it over feel my wrath

FMW is the king of instanced group PvE, but the others do see use in other parts of the game.

Yes i agree. Filling up the missing heal / elite skills for each class would be great. They cant just add new weapons all the time. The right side of the skillbar needs some new toys.

Or rework traits / give each class a new traitline.

However, i think the next step they will do is adding the elite spec utility heal and elite skills for all specs just like they did with the weapons. Which wouldnt be all too bad, but some new ones would be great.

7 hours ago, Brujeria.7536 said:

However, i think the next step they will do is adding the elite spec utility heal and elite skills for all specs just like they did with the weapons. Which wouldnt be all too bad, but some new ones would be great.

That may bé impossible because some spell need their élite spec to work. Liké catalyst's augment or druid's glyphe

I like weapons; and I guess this is best sales-orientated.
But sadly I find most of new ones compete to much with others on their usage, or the gimmick they tried to push make them fancy but not necessarily enjoyable or viable on long term.

I also find missing core skills would be preferable in the future, and why not new sets too. 
Not necessarily full sets, but 2 utility + one elite for example. It would be great to have some of useless/restrictives relics to work with more classes (Dragonhunter/Chronomancer/Vass/weaver/... ).
And one legend for Rev.

• Confused 1

On 9/11/2024 at 5:46 PM, Thormagor.5418 said:

That may bé impossible because some spell need their élite spec to work. Liké catalyst's augment or druid's glyphe

It is not impossible, they gave Hammer on Ranger the option to select which skills you wanted when playing anything other than Untamed so maybe something similar can happen here. 

First off, give Rev a new core legend if this happens.

Second my entries for warrior's missing heal and elites:

Healing:

Banner of Compassion: heal yourself. Heal other allies in the area of the summon. Pulse barrier every 3 seconds for 15s.

Elite:

"Destroy the All!": allies in the area gain 20 might, fury, swiftness, for 10s, and deal 15% more damage for 10s. 30s CD.

Battle Rage: stance. Recharge all burst skills and gain 30 adrenaline. Gain 10 adrenaline, 5 might for 5s, resistance for 1s, and quickness for 2s every second. 4s duration. 40s CD.

• Confused 2

On 9/2/2024 at 12:56 PM, DarkK.7368 said:

If we are not going to have new elite specs, then at least we need the missing core elite skills. For elementalist case, the arcane and the signet one. I definitely would use the arcane one, I'm pretty sure of that.

I agree with that. 

Maybe they could even bring a new elite skill (or even 1 elite + 1-2 utility) that has synergy with, but isn't exclusive to, the new weapons available with expansion packs that don't have elite professions.

Maybe instead of designing all the things each expansion, they could once in a while instead of a new weapon bring another traitline available to all core (after reaching lvl 80) and elite which is more broadly applicable yet still has some of the new features. And have those 6-0 skills work like core: doesn't matter what you have traited you can still pick it. 

• Like 1

Elementalist
Missing healing: conjure
Missing elite: arcane, signet

Engineer
Missing healing: ???
Missing elite: gadget, ???
The engineer only has four skill types instead of five. It make up for it by having a 5th skill of each of the four type, but it's missing 1 healing and 1 elite for the missing category.
The new skill type could be Trap as it fits Engineer theme. Their utility skill could be cleared up by merging two skills of each category. Like Bomb kit with Grenade kit, Slick shoes with Rocket Boots, Rocket Turret with Rifle Turret, Elixir B with Elixir U.

Guardian
Missing healing: consecration, spirit weapon
Missing elite: consecration, spirit weapon
The guardian has an extraneous healing skill, Shelter, without any skill type. It could be turned into a consecration.

Mesmer
Missing healing: glamour, illusion (clone or phantasm)
Missing elite: illusion, mantra
The mesmer has an extraneous healing skill, Ether Feast, without any skill type. It's closely associated with the illusion skill type and could create a clone.

Necromancer
Missing healing: spectral
Missing elite: well, signet

Ranger
Missing healing: signet
Missing elite: trap, signet

Revenant
Missing a 5th legend

Thief
Missing healing: preparation
Missing elite: signet, preparation

Warrior
Missing healing: banner
Missing elite: stance, shout

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Engineer
Missing healing: ???
Missing elite: gadget, ???
The engineer only has four skill types instead of five. It make up for it by having a 5th skill of each of the four type, but it's missing 1 healing and 1 elite for the missing category.
The new skill type could be Trap as it fits Engineer theme. Their utility skill could be cleared up by merging two skills of each category. Like Bomb kit with Grenade kit, Slick shoes with Rocket Boots, Rocket Turret with Rifle Turret, Elixir B with Elixir U.

If I was in charge and I had the resources, I'd make new kits. Something that engineer has been suffering from is that kits essentially fill the role of weapon swapping for engineer, and getting a new weapon is less exciting when you're still going to be using it with the same kits. One thing in particular I've criticised is that nearly all of the post-release weapons have been melee, and the only medium-to-long-range kit that's balanced for damage rather than support is grenades. A few new kits would probably do more to change up engineer playstyles than anything else.

On 9/11/2024 at 12:10 AM, Brujeria.7536 said:

I can see this going very well in places, and very bad on other ones...

For example [Sight Beond Sight] would greatly complement, Bladesworn's Dragon Trigger in a way that finally makes him somewhat fun to play.

On the other hand, giving [Headbutt] + [Defy Pain] combo to current SPB, is probably the worst idea i could imagine.

2 hours ago, Captain Crapface.7528 said:

I can see this going very well in places, and very bad on other ones...

For example [Sight Beond Sight] would greatly complement, Bladesworn's Dragon Trigger in a way that finally makes him somewhat fun to play.

On the other hand, giving [Headbutt] + [Defy Pain] combo to current SPB, is probably the worst idea i could imagine.

Ironically, Sight Beyond Sight would also make more sense on the Canthan variant...