Where's the scroll for Janthir?

I'm really enjoying the expac for the most part but I'm really confused as to why getting alts to Janthir either requires a TP to friend or sitting through 30 minutes of unskippable dialogue. I can understand not wanting people flooding straight into the new map without context but surely once one character's unlocked the portal in DR through the story it could unlock for the whole account or something? Is there a scroll that I might have missed, I can't find one?

Access to new content for alt characters has been a pain point in the past as well, especially in SotO with the Wizards tower scroll locked behind an achi and the Inner Nayos gate not unlocking for three months after it was added, meaning you had to run the entirety of the story to access it without TPs. I find it very strange that it's still an issue, I have over 50 characters at this point and I really don't want to sit through the prologue that many times and that's a lot of TP to friends to use to access content that I paid for.

Edited by Khanco.1584
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Khanco.1584 said:

I'm really enjoying the expac for the most part but I'm really confused as to why getting alts to Janthir either requires a TP to friend or sitting through 30 minutes of unskippable dialogue. I can understand not wanting people flooding straight into the new map without context but surely once one character's unlocked the portal in DR through the story it could unlock for the whole account or something? Is there a scroll that I might have missed, I can't find one?

Access to new content for alt characters has been a pain point in the past as well, especially in SotO with the Wizards tower scroll locked behind an achi and the Inner Nayos gate not unlocking for three months after it was added, meaning you had to run the entirety of the story to access it without TPs. I find it very strange that it's still an issue, I have over 50 characters at this point and I really don't want to sit through the prologue that many times and that's a lot of TP to friends to use to access content that I paid for.

I am with you on this.    I got into expac with a Reaper.  If the prologue was not so long, I would gladly drag my Rangers through it as the price to pay for an adorable Warclaw pet...I saw it and fell in love with it's appearance.  No idea what it does but I want it 🙂

Well, I guess that is what I have to do, so I better get started 🙂

• Like 3

• ArenaNet Staff

Just popping in to confirm that this is the result of a bug. The exit to Lowland Shore is not functioning--the intent is that you can enter your homestead and exit to Lowland Shore. 

We're working on a fix for this and it will be in a hotfix tomorrow, August 22. After that hotfix goes live you'll be able to get your alts to Janthir via your homestead. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 22

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Just popping in to confirm that this is the result of a bug. The exit to Lowland Shore is not functioning--the intent is that you can enter your homestead and exit to Lowland Shore. 

We're working on a fix for this and it will be in a hotfix tomorrow, August 22. After that hotfix goes live you'll be able to get your alts to Janthir via your homestead. 

So I get to lose all my all Jade Power Charges, Jade Tech Overcharges and other buffs if not traveling by WP and using the homestead as a no cost mode of transportation ? Or do you have plans on adding  charging station and Protocol nodes to the homestead or making it so buffs remain after leaving homestead?

Edited by simple jack.3592
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@simple jack.3592

Hey - I would suggest that after the hotfix you get all your alts to janthir first for the waypoint and then go load up on protocols so you dont have to worry about homestead instance stripping them etc.

I understand you would want to use homestead portal to quickly get over without spending 10silver per trip, but you could take the arborstone port to lions arch and then wp over to janthir. Its the same amount of loading screens but it just takes slightly longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, SirDoNKeY.4578 said:

I understand you would want to use homestead portal to quickly get over without spending 10silver per trip, but you could take the arborstone port to lions arch and then wp over to janthir. Its the same amount of loading screens but it just takes slightly longer.

If you have SotO, Wizard's Tower added in Protocols and Charging Stations right next to them, so it takes a few seconds to get full-capped and then WP to Lowlands from there is like 2 silver.

Also.... you don't really need the Protocols for anything. They're nice, sure, but most of the time I forget they even exist

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

If you have SotO, Wizard's Tower added in Protocols and Charging Stations right next to them, so it takes a few seconds to get full-capped and then WP to Lowlands from there is like 2 silver.

Also.... you don't really need the Protocols for anything. They're nice, sure, but most of the time I forget they even exist

Thats what ive been doing just using the WP and is not a big deal and a few added seconds and allows me to use the bank in in the wizards tower. A few silvers is not much I agree. My post was mostly due to the fact that The homestead is by design the replacement for the portal scroll and I wanted to mention buff loss in the home instance. I can roll for the most part with the change and actually dont want another scroll that account bound needing a shared slot. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, simple jack.3592 said:

actually dont want another scroll that account bound needing a shared slot. 

Gawd I agree with you 100% on this.

I currently have 8 dedicated Shared Slots to portal scrolls with Old LA and Sunspear sitting in my bank. Really wish we'd get a compendium for all of these gizmos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Glad to hear the exit is being put in the home. Although I do think the home needs to be set to not delete jade protocol buffs. I'm glad to get easier access to these outside of EOD thanks to the new jade 'hub' in the wizard's tower but if I'm going to lose it by returning to the house, especially if I'm using it to return to Janthir, that's quite an irritation

• Like 4

On 8/22/2024 at 7:53 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

what if you have zero interest in the story or homesteads and just want to experience the content you've paid for without being forced through the story?

portal scroll please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, scerevisiae.1972 said:

what if you have zero interest in the story or homesteads and just want to experience the content you've paid for without being forced through the story?

Then you haven't been paying attention to the game for the last 12 years.

• S3: Must Complete Chapter 1-3 of every single map
  • PoF: Must complete Chapter 1 of Act 1
  • S4+IBS: Must Complete Chapter 1-2 of every single map 
  • EoD: Must complete Chapter 2 of Act 1
  • SotO: Must complete Chapter 2 and part of Chapter 3 of Act 1
  • JW: Must complete Chapter 2 of Act 1

Without TP to Friend, Guild Halls, Gemstore Lounge Passes), pretty much all content throughout the game since HoT has required you play maybe 20 minutes of the story.

For Janthir Wilds, if all you care about is Spear, Warclaw, and the new zones, it takes maybe 45 minutes combined (ignoring all achievements & side information) to blaze through the first 2.5 chapters , and then you have Warclaw unlocked and can train Mastery to unlock Spears.

Edit: To clarify, you need to complete the above chapters on 1 character to access the content; usually need further steps to get easy alt character access.

Edited by Geoff Fey.1035
  • Like 3

As you can enter home and exit to lowland kodan another scroll would be a waste. They just should fix the bug that you placed inside of nowhere at the map instead to the kodan village. So you easy can teleport your characters over the homestead to this wonderful map. We already need to store those hearts from quests in our global bags as they not working with all characters.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 11:53 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

While this has been fixed by now, I'd still like to mention that traveling to and from your Homestead is quite a hassle, as the Homestead portal gate cannot be summoned everywhere (many maps/instances don't allow it, and those that do also have spots where you get an "invalid path" error when you try to summon the door).

The devs need to find an alternative for those Homestead doors that will take you directly there without the hassle of having to summon something. Doors are only useful when you intend to bring other people with you.

Also, there is no waypoint near those portals you mentioned, so if you don't have a Rollerbeetle, it is quite a distance from the spawn. Another inconvenience.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Now we just have to wait for a patch that stops the homestead from stripping away protocols and battery charges for no good reason.

7 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

many maps/instances don't allow it, and those that do also have spots where you get an "invalid path" error when you try to summon the door

It's any spot without nav mesh I noticed.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dan downunder.3045 said:

a portal from homestead to the starting area of janthir would be nice ,the back cave where the other 2 portals are , would be a good spot to leave homestead an not have to worry about carrying a portal scroll ,please 

Exacrly this exist now since a patch some days ago.