Woad Armor

Wait, you need to do it 18 times? Oh my.. I still have 3 unfinished legendary weapons (not counting the free set from AA rewards) and both pve legendary trinket thanks to GoB now tied to that game mode. You are saying now I have to do it 18 more times?!? Lets be real here, I can't even fill a GoB track because of the dead time zone and how boring it feels to stare at camp while waiting for it to be flipped. I have other things to do.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Sen.7530 said:

Wait, you need to do it 18 times? Oh my.. I still have 3 unfinished legendary weapons (not counting the free set from AA rewards) and both pve legendary trinket thanks to GoB now tied to that game mode. You are saying now I have to do it 18 more times?!? Lets be real here, I can't even fill a GoB track because of the dead time zone and how boring it feels to stare at camp while waiting for it to be flipped. I have other things to do.

you dont HAVE to do anything.

You can choose not to get it if you dont like the content. Like I never got raid amour in GW2 as I decided not to raid in this game, having done far to much of that in other MMOs.

we make choices.

you can choose to get it, or you can choose not to. Its up to you, there is no one making you do it.

• Like 10
  • Confused 10

15 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

Apparently you're the one who's being selfish and crying. Grow up.

Is the following not what you said? 

On 8/26/2024 at 8:57 PM, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

I find it absolutely absurd that armors skins, Woad armor, which are feature heavily in Janthir's storyline Lowland Kodans in PvE is not even accessible in PvE but in other modes is crazy!!

Why lock storybased armor in unwanted modes for PvE players who mainly enjoys open world and story ???? Literally make no sense.

If people wanted go play PvP or WvW, they would already without ANet locking expansion themed armor behind other modes....

I'm just speechless....

Yeah never once was I crying i was making a point on how you were trying to say with your negative looks on them focusing more on the pvp scene  that  "oh it will kill the game if they did that" and myself proving to you it wouldn't kill the game if they did that. People have been saying that off and on for the last 12 years of this games existence and guess what its still here clearly as we are having this chat right now after some very rough dry content droughts in all game modes. Only way this game is dead is if anet stops making money and NcSoft decides to axe one of their last NA studios.

Honestly couldn't care what gets locked behind what cause i play all content but people really need to stop whining when they add something to A, B or C game mode cause they don't play it and want the rewards. You want it so bad go play the game mode.
You need things to tempt people out of their comfort zones so they try and play the other game modes. Being able to get everything in one game mode without having to ever touch the others is just bad game design when you game has multiple game modes. You may not like something but guess what there's always going to be things you don't like.

I personally don't like how the game is called Guild Wars 2 and how little actual guild focused content there is. Where's my new guild missions for each xpac? Where's the incentive to join a guild in the game Guild Wars 2 rather than just LFG with randoms? Sure the WvW teams being guild based is nice but i feel like we can do better than just that. Overall though ill make do cause there's other fun content in the game and my Guild and I will just make our own "guild" content.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello! We've been reading and discussing your feedback about Woad armor, and I've got some news to share about an upcoming change: we're going to add an additional method to acquire Woad armor. 

With the September 10 game update, the skirmish supervisor will sell Woad armor pieces in exchange for badges of honor and memories of battle. You will still be able to acquire it through the Janthir Wilds reward track in PvP or WvW. 

As always, thank you for your feedback—we appreciate it!

• Like 37
  • Thanks 11
  • Confused 12

27 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello! We've been reading and discussing your feedback about Woad armor, and I've got some news to share about an upcoming change: we're going to add an additional method to acquire Woad armor. 

With the September 10 game update, the skirmish supervisor will sell Woad armor pieces in exchange for badges of honor and memories of battle. You will still be able to acquire it through the Janthir Wilds reward track in PvP or WvW. 

As always, thank you for your feedback—we appreciate it!

...So, that alternate way will still be through WvW? What would be the point, then?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14

6 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Not having to complete the reward track 18 times to complete the collection.

Well, considering the rate at which you accrue badges now, it might end up requiring even more time than the reward tracks...

So, it will make it easier to acquire for veteran WvW players, for sure, but would do absolutely nothing about what has been discussed in this thread. As such, i still don't see the point. Unless the point was to intentionally blow up the issue to even bigger degree, of course.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 5
  • Confused 13

8 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Well, considering the rate at which you accrue badges now, it might end up requiring even more time than the reward tracks...

So, it will make it easier to acquire for veteran WvW players, for sure, but would do absolutely nothing about what has been discussed in this thread. As such, i still don't see the point.

You can also still get it by doing the reward track, so this made it quite a bit faster. I don't understand the change though as I thought the main complaint people had was it being locked behind WvW/PvP, not it being too slow.

Edited by Tumult.1035
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, Tumult.1035 said:

You can also still get it by doing the reward track, so this made it quite a bit faster. I don't understand the change though as I thought the main complaint people had was it being locked behind WvW/PvP, not it being to slow.

Yeah. Basically, PvE players complained about it being locked behind WvW/SPvP, and Anet's response was "Yeah, we saw the complains, and decided to do absolutely nothing for PvE players. Instead, we'll be making it easier for WvW veterans."

So, either Anet didn't understand what the complains were about, or they did, and decided to make this change specifically to annoy the complainers even more. And i am not sure which option would be worse.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 15

32 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

With the September 10 game update, the skirmish supervisor will sell Woad armor pieces in exchange for badges of honor and memories of battle

Triumphant Hero's Armour (Ascended) costs 1500 Memories of Battle at 250/piece, but these are also precursor items so it makes sense there's a higher price to them.

Is Woad Armour--functionally a prestige skin only--going to be sold for a lower amount?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yeah. Basically, PvE players complained about it being locked behind WvW/SPvP, and Anet's response was "Yeah, we saw the complains, and decided to do absolutely nothing for PvE players. Instead, we'll be making it easier for WvW veterans."

So, either Anet didn't understand what the complains were about, or they did, and decided to make this change specifically to annoy the complainers even more. And i am not sure which option would be worse.

Easier for everyone, WvW veterans just have an advantage. You make progress on both the reward tracks and the currencies while doing WvW

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

Oh, that's fantastic. Now I can do the reward track for Gift of Battle *and* save up currency for the Woad armor. Thank you, ArenaNet! 😄 While I'd prefer that it was available outside of WvW entirely, this is the next best thing. So I'm happy with it!

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Fixed that for you.

If you cannot stomach WvW, then you cannot stomach WvW. And this change does absolutely nothing about that at all. It makes it easier only on people that already have no problem (or not much of a problem) with playing WvW, but those are a minority.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 12

Does this mean if WvWers complain enough that we can have the PVE exclusive skins included in the reward track choice box?! I mean, that would only be fair right? Why should we be forced to PVE constantly when PVErs never have to WvW except for Gift of Battle?

Edited by Solomon Darkfury.3729
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

Just now, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Does this mean if WvWers cry enough and throw a big enough tantrum that we can have the PVE exclusive skins included in the reward track choice box?! I mean, that would only be fair right? Why should we be forced to PVE constantly when PVErs never have to WvW except for Gift of Battle?

Sure, do that. I'm all in support of that idea. Easing up on exclusivity would not be a bad thing at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

If you cannot stomach WvW, then you cannot stomach WvW. And this change does absolutely nothing about that at all. It makes it easier only on people that already have no problem (or not much of a problem) with playing WvW, but those are a minority.

You can "not stomach wvw" all you want, you can also live without one skinset acquired through playing something else than ow pve per expansion.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

What's the point of the change when I'm still forced to play WvW when i bought the xpac to play PvE lmao.

The armor that comes with the expansion is obtained by.... not playing the expansion. Can someone make this make sense.

Edited by BlackBullWings.2734
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

7 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

What's the point of the change when I'm still forced to play WvW when i bought the xpac to play PvE lmao

Compare pve content with wvw/pvp content the expansion added to the game, do the math and repeat the "lmao". 😄 
You bought expansion for pve, wvw gets one armor skin set and that makes the expansion not worth it for you or something?

Anyways, decent change. Repeating the same reward track 18 time was a bit much, this meaningfully cuts the time on acquisition.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Confused 3

You bought expansion for pve, wvw gets one armor skin set and that makes the expansion not worth it for you or something?

that's a dumb strawman, my point is that if a thing is marketed with a product, then it's to be expected to be part of the product.

the janthir wilds expansion roadmap specifically lists "3 armor sets" yet one of them is specifically obtained by not playing what you paid for, that's really dumb marketing at the very least.

• Like 4
  • Confused 12

3 minutes ago, BlackBullWings.2734 said:

that's a dumb strawman, my point is that if a thing is marketed with a product, then it's to be expected to be part of the product.

the janthir wilds expansion roadmap specifically lists "3 armor sets" yet one of them is specifically obtained by not playing what you paid for, that's really dumb marketing at the very least.

pvp and wvw is part of the game and the armor set is acquired by using tracks added with the expansion. You're talking about dumb strawmanning, but you're making your own "expansion marketing" rules simply because you want them to fit whatever you want to have. At no point anyone said everything will be acquired by running around ow, you simply want that to be. This has nothing to do with how the expansion was marketed.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2