Pale Branch spear should not be a PVE only item, put it in WvW reward track

35 minutes ago, Cameirus.8407 said:

Its not fair wvw players are forced to play PVE if they want the pale branch spear, and grind out a meta hoping it drops.

It should be put in wvw as a choice in the reward track.

/s

Sure,it has my vote, lets get rid of mode exclusives. it will only be good.

• Like 7
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

It won’t be good. The game modes need exclusive rewards. 

let people play their prefered modes and activities, pvpers get to pvp, wvwers get towvw pve'ers get to pve, raiders get to raid...i see no downside.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

let people play their prefered modes and activities, pvpers get to pvp, wvwers get towvw pve'ers get to pve, raiders get to raid...i see no downside.

This ofourse means that AFKing in DR gives no rewards. same with Rping.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kinurak.5307 said:

People already can play their preferred modes. Doesn’t mean that modes shouldn’t have exclusive rewards. They are a great motivation for players to try different modes.
Btw I don’t think you should limit yourself to just one game mode, that’s boring. You should play everything the game has to offer. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

People already can play their preferred modes. Doesn’t mean that modes shouldn’t have exclusive rewards. They are a great motivation for players to try different modes.
Btw I don’t think you should limit yourself to just one game mode, that’s boring. You should play everything the game has to offer. 

IF a mode needs motivation to play it, its poorly designed. if people enjoy the type of content, they'll gravitate to it. i play pvp and wvw but do i enjoy it? absolutely not. if i were in charge of Anet, i'd cut those darn modes from the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

as for limiting oneself to a single mode, not everyone feels the need to compete and measure kittens. some just want to adventure, others want to raid, and yet others like doing big meta's

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

IF a mode needs motivation to play it, its poorly designed.

Not the mode, the players. I started playing WvW because I needed the gift of battle and now I spend most of the time there. 

as for limiting oneself to a single mode, not everyone feels the need to compete and measure kittens. some just want to adventure, others want to raid, and yet others like doing big meta's

Then don’t expect to get every reward in the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Not the mode, the players. I started playing WvW because I needed the gift of battle and now I spend most of the time there. 

Then don’t expect to get every reward in the game. 

Then dont complain having to do map completion or story. *shrug* it goes both ways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

Letting people play what mode they want and binding exclusive rewards depending on the mode are mutually exclusive concepts. 

The former implies no requirement for incentive. The other one is a rarefied incentive. 

I have no great dog in this fight, but just wanted to comment on that.

Edited by StuckHat.8061
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

IF a mode needs motivation to play it, its poorly designed. if people enjoy the type of content, they'll gravitate to it. i play pvp and wvw but do i enjoy it? absolutely not. if i were in charge of Anet, i'd cut those darn modes from the game.

So you're saying remove all loot from PvE right ?

Since PvE is strictly for narrative it has no need for any rewards right ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

So you're saying remove all loot from PvE right ?

Since PvE is strictly for narrative it has no need for any rewards right ?

By that logic, Pvp and WvW also needs no rewards, as victory and gloating priviledges are its own rewards no?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, TexZero.7910 said:

I mean it was your logic. So you agree right ?

Sure, as long as the pvp and wvw rewards also get scrapped. those modes are all bout fighting other players which according to others is already a reward on its own. so sure! lets take out all rewards! hell go one step further and micro transaction it all! (on a more serious note, just make all rewards available to all players. not saying leggo raid armor should be in PVP, but give all modes access to the same kind of rewards. So make Leggo weapons available to be amde with just WvWing/pvping, make skins available in all modes, hell give a reward track to unlock homesteads if you feel so inclined. just dont lock things in a single mode.)

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

just make all rewards available to all players

All rewards are available to all players. This is entirely a you problem, because you are limiting yourself to the content you play. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

22 hours ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Then dont complain having to do map completion or story. *shrug* it goes both ways.

lol we know, and I promise you, if these boards are anything to go by, the 1% of complaints from other modes vs the 99% PvE whining about having to go competitive speaks volumes 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Then it would need to be a rare drop in WvW as well. 😜

I think they purposely added it to make at least a small reason for people to do the meta. Similar than some other rare skins in PvE like ... what is it called ... "Tequatls' Hoard" or stuff like that. (I do not think these have easy options in WvW they also are limited to rare PvE drops.)

I think it is best to be happy that not a full set got made exclusive to there. (Afaik it is only that one skin and the others from the set are a vendor option I think.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Confused 2

Insisting that an item must be locked behind a single game mode shows the mindset of its value.   Basically, all arguments for exclusivity boils down to maintaining the item as a positional good; i.e., a good whose value is predicated on how many others don't possess it.  Players who want something locked behind a specific game mode they play are really demanding that the item in question be unavailable to anyone else to satisfy an external need for validation.  

I personally feel that such items are unnecessary in a game which features character customization.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Insisting that an item must be locked behind a single game mode shows the mindset of its value.   Basically, all arguments for exclusivity boils down to maintaining the item as a positional good; i.e., a good whose value is predicated on how many others don't possess it.  Players who want something locked behind a specific game mode they play are really demanding that the item in question be unavailable to anyone else to satisfy an external need for validation.  

Can't you just as easily flip this argument and say that the other group is fueled by greed and entitlement?

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Can't you just as easily flip this argument and say that the other group is fueled by greed and entitlement?

Exactly. So many of the threads on this entire site boil down to ‘waaaaaaaah, I don’t wanna do WvW cuz I’m not good at it so I’ll say it’s boring’

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Skub.8240 said:

Make them all fun and people will play them

Fun is subjective. I very much enjoy both PvE and WvW pretty much equally, and don’t care as much for PvP, though it can be fun sometimes (rare occasions, but it happens). WvW is fun. Very fun, frankly the most consistent fun IN MY OPINION (since, again, that’s how fun works, and if it ain’t broke…). People do play all modes. Again, so much of this boils down to ‘waaaaaaaaaaah, I don’t want to play my non-preferred mode but still want the benefits’ mentality. Those arguing  are doing so about 1s and 0s dressed up to look pretty, and angry that they don’t get the new combination they like without playing the game literally as intended in order to get it 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Difference between prestige and exclusive.  

Prestige skins belong only really in Raids, Strikes, and Ranked sPvP, places where there's a demonstrable goal.  

Exclusive skins can be anywhere, from open world PvE to WvW, places where you can roll your face on your keyboard for long enough and still obtain it.  There is still merit to the exclusivity though, even if by theme.  As an armor set earned by a warrior in the mists makes little sense to be craftable in open world, and vice versa.

10 hours ago, genjonah.1253 said:

lol we know, and I promise you, if these boards are anything to go by, the 1% of complaints from other modes vs the 99% PvE whining about having to go competitive speaks volumes 

Maybe, but as devil's advocate, there's 'easy competitive' in WvW and 'hard competitive' in sPvP, which is why when a vast majority of the board says 'competitive' they mean WvW.  If you could say only get Gift of Battle via ranked PvP then you would see a LOT of complaints from both PvE and WvW players, I assure you 🤣.

• Confused 3