All the falling stars are power weapons

I agree. I had to use the mystic forge recipe to change the stats of both the spear and glove but then I had to reskin them again using 2 charges which is stupid. Besides, I end up with a Zojja's ascendant spear reskinned as a Falling Star, which is basically another weapon (the description on the Falling Star was lost, I know it's nothing but it bothers me).
Even if they change that and make the stats selectable, those who already made the spear are stuck with something that is basically the reskinned copy of the original weapon.

Edited by Avigell.1826
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This basically is just a skin that comes with a free item to equip as well. 😄
But yeah: I think it would not hurt to at least put stats-select on  such stuff - would make it more interesting for new players that still can use free gear and don't just need the skin.

• Like 4

Yeah, this is a bit annoying. Of the different professions, some have spears that are power and some that are condi, but I can't think of any where Valkyrie stats (which is what Falling Star comes with) would be optimal.  So now I have to stat swap it, which is easy enough, but it changes the item and as noted above, you lose the unique item description ...

• Like 3

On 9/4/2024 at 6:16 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

It shouldn't matter to you (re: reskin). People who are fully legendary are living on reskinned equipment all the time. 😉 

You still lose the unique item description. It's a fun bit of lore that gets flushed down the mystic toilet when it doesn't have to.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/4/2024 at 12:16 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

It shouldn't matter to you (re: reskin). People who are fully legendary are living on reskinned equipment all the time. 😉 

Yes, we do. And it also bothers me that descriptions for gear only show up when you use the actual gear instead of just the skin. It's not a big problem and it hasn't stopped me from going full legendary. But I still don't like it.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Yes, we do. And it also bothers me that descriptions for gear only show up when you use the actual gear instead of just the skin.

Okay, that's a valid point there. I agree that the description should always be that of the current skin you use.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Avigell.1826 said:

It appears ANET agreed with us and fixed it. Now both the spear and the glove have selectable stats when you get them. And a big middle finger to us who made them before today..

they've retroactivly been changed to stat selectable, so if you've already aquired them you'll have the option to select their prefix.

maybe fact-check before commenting

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, babak.3654 said:

I hadn't stat-swapped either the glove or spear yet, so they were stat-selectable after the patch. If I'd already changed them in the mystic forge I might have been out of luck, unless that was somehow taken into account.

It was not.  If you stat-swapped, you still have the "basic" ascended spear.  I still have the gloves in their original form though.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 9:32 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

they've retroactivly been changed to stat selectable, so if you've already aquired them you'll have the option to select their prefix.

maybe fact-check before commenting

I checked and no. My spear is still a reskinned Zojja's Impaler and I can't change the stats. 

"maybe fact-check before commenting".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 9/4/2024 at 3:18 AM, Artemis.8034 said:

Why cant they be stat select-able?

There's no reason why it couldn't be, and it should be.

Dungeon gear should be stat selectable too, I really don't like how Beserker gear is peanuts on the trading post, while Viper they make you pay for it... That's till you get into support gear and you basically have to take a loan.

I like what they did with WvW, it's my go to for exotics, I'd like to see that for dungeons, maybe that would breathe some life back into that content.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Avigell.1826 said:

I checked and no. My spear is still a reskinned Zojja's Impaler and I can't change the stats. 

"maybe fact-check before commenting".

They are correct.  If you still have the Fallen Star Spear it became stat-selectable as well as the glove.  As Babak and I said earlier, the stat swapped one isn't because if you stat-swapped then you no longer have the Fallen Star Spear.  Stat-swapping Ascended items deletes the original and gives you a generic Ascended item in its place.  You and I no longer own the Falling Star spear.  We both own (Stat name) Impaler.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

There's no reason why it couldn't be, and it should be.

Dungeon gear should be stat selectable too, I really don't like how Beserker gear is peanuts on the trading post, while Viper they make you pay for it... That's till you get into support gear and you basically have to take a loan.

I like what they did with WvW, it's my go to for exotics, I'd like to see that for dungeons, maybe that would breathe some life back into that content.

Agreed.

It is a bit better than it used to be as now you can get the specific rewards from any dungeon by doing whichever dungeon you prefer....but fully stat selectable would improve the carrot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xanhawk.3806 said:

They are correct.  If you still have the Fallen Star Spear it became stat-selectable as well as the glove.  As Babak and I said earlier, the stat swapped one isn't because if you stat-swapped then you no longer have the Fallen Star Spear.  Stat-swapping Ascended items deletes the original and gives you a generic Ascended item in its place.  You and I no longer own the Falling Star spear.  We both own (Stat name) Impaler.

In my initial post I clearly said I had already stat-swapped it. And then I said this fix was a big middle finger to those who made it already (AND stat-swapped it obviously, because how many ppl you think would have stayed with those initial stats?), so his comment about me needing to "fact-check" before commenting was out of place. This fix only helps those who haven't completed that quest yet or have completed it and for some reason kept the weapon and glove in their bank faithfully waiting for 20 days for a fix, which is absurd.. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Avigell.1826 said:

In my initial post I clearly said I had already stat-swapped it. And then I said this fix was a big middle finger to those who made it already (AND stat-swapped it obviously, because how many ppl you think would have stayed with those initial stats?), so his comment about me needing to "fact-check" before commenting was out of place. This fix only helps those who haven't completed that quest yet or have completed it and for some reason kept the weapon and glove in their bank faithfully waiting for 20 days for a fix, which is absurd.. 

Well, maybe they haven't seen your initial post, and it doesn't change the fact that you were wrong in the post quoted, where you implied that those who got it before the patch didn't get the stat selectable one right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, maybe they haven't seen your initial post, and it doesn't change the fact that you were wrong in the post quoted, where you implied that those who got it before the patch didn't get the stat selectable one right now.

Well, accusing me of not "fact-checking before commenting" and then comment without checking what's been said is quite ironical. I was only "wrong" if you take fragments of what I said out of context. Now say what you want to defend your friend or whatever, this thread is of no more use since ANET "fixed" the problem (again, with a middle finger to us) so I'm unfollowing it.

Edited by Avigell.1826
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Avigell.1826 said:

for some reason kept the weapon and glove in their bank faithfully waiting for 20 days for a fix, which is absurd.. 

Oh that's me! Who's absurd now, huh? 🙃

But seriously, it's been financially helpful practice to keep valuable, unused equipment or skins that I can't sell in storage until I find proper places for them. So I just copied the skins onto cheap exotics for the stats I wanted right now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Avigell.1826 said:

Well, accusing me of not "fact-checking before commenting" and then comment without checking what's been said is quite ironical. I was only "wrong" if you take fragments of what I said out of context. Now say what you want to defend your friend or whatever, this thread is of no more use since ANET "fixed" the problem (again, with a middle finger to us) so I'm unfollowing it.

But he wasn't wrong, you were (and still are). The reason you can't stat select isn't "because you got the spear before!", it's because you threw the spear away. Mystic forge doesn't really "change the weapons stats", it throws out an item and gives you a new one. You no longer have the original item, you only have the skin and a new ascended weapon you received from the mystic forge.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1