GET OFF MY RAPTOR!

Sorry that this bugs me so much, I feel the want to create a separate thread with the title in all caps for this issue alone, but am I missing something here? Does this random kodan on my stabled raptor serve a purpose or is this just obtrusive for the sake of being obtrusive? I know I can put a medium-only alt there, which is only marginally better, but why is he even there in the first place?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Not really a solution, though. Why does this happen in the first place? Weren't medium-armored characters supposed to be across the bridge? Why does it only happen with the raptor and none of the other mounts? I mean, it's nothing gamebreaking but I find it annoying and there is no sense or logic behind it either. I hope this is one of the things that will be fixed with the September 10 patch.

Edited by TheNecrosanct.4028
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I agree. Who is this kodan? What termacity, to mount my raptor! I'm serious! Get off and do some work like feeding evryone with animal treats! I really did not like it when I first saw it. Maybe they should inroduce workers we can hire to harvest the crops, chop down trees and mine the mines! Now that would be fun instead of the collect resource boxes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I think it's funny that my Synergetics Hoverbike Skimmer is idling there, doing little turns all on its own. I mean, that has to be draining the battery, right?

Accordingly, synergetic energy is nuclear powered. It will run out of battery eventually but not in a few hundred years time 😄

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

And I don't see that ranch Kodan around anywhere. Has he been banished from Lowland Shore? Or better still, eaten by my raptor 😂

You see, Anet? My raptor didn't give consent for him to ride first! Now I want a sign for my homestead that reads, ALL TRESPASSERS SHALL BE RAPTOR FOOD!

Edit: That includes you, Ninn!

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I've heard a suggestion that it's a bug. He's supposed to be invisible, and all of the mounts have an invisible rider. He's just visible because he's the one that can be replaced by a medium armor character.

If it IS a bug, I hope they turn it into a joke and run with it. Have "Stabled Raptor" show up somewhere down the line, talking about how his once nonsense name has now landed him a job learning to care for raptors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Palador.2170 said:

I've heard a suggestion that it's a bug. He's supposed to be invisible, and all of the mounts have an invisible rider. He's just visible because he's the one that can be replaced by a medium armor character.

If it IS a bug, I hope they turn it into a joke and run with it. Have "Stabled Raptor" show up somewhere down the line, talking about how his once nonsense name has now landed him a job learning to care for raptors.

Well if it is a bug, I hope they fix it. But that still doesn't solve the problem of an alt sitting on the raptor when I don't want them there either. Especially if they can't follow you to be placed elsewhere, like your other alts.

Cute story. That would be funny.

• Like 1

I thought I was alone in feeling I don't wanna see that bear pirating my mounts right in my home, in my face... Thanks.

As for the Synergetics mounts, at least the way I see it they very likely have some sort of AI which even mimics certain behaviours of the original mount. I'd pet them, even if just to keep their Machine Spirits appeased. I figure it's going to be quite hard to find any Tech-Priests if those things mule up and refuse to work.

• Like 2