Guild wars 3

Just now, Ashen.2907 said:

For what it is worth, Google is doing an absolutely awful job of translating your posts into English. The word choices and sentence structure render many of your intended statements and thought into, at best, not much more than gibberish and, at worst, into what I assume to be almost the opposite of your intent. This, of course, is no fault of your own and I applaud your attempts, but you should be aware of just how badly google is mangling your intended message(s). 

To be more precise I use Reverso, 
but yes I am aware of it for what it is worth I do not believe that the initial intention of my sentences is so impacted except a few Bordeaux speeches. And that doesn’t change my opinion on the subject in any way, but now I think it’s time to leave room for other more interesting topics than to wonder if I’m right or wrong in my statements... I said what I had to say, and I’m done with it. Good luck.

• Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Meviken.2054 said:

I'm kind of bored with GW2; GW3 might be a welcome change. Or not. Honestly, I'd love to see it with the quality and complexity of HoT, but that's a kitten-load of work.

Spot on. I agree.

Honestly, I hope GW3 follows the pattern and style of GW2 but adds new dimensions and engine specific capabilities that the old engine simply couldn't handle.
For one, seamless map transition and no-loading screens in open world. THAT would be freaking amazing all by itself... But also, can you imagine Skyscales without a skybox so low you can hit it with a rock? Friggin AMAZING! They could go nuts with the stamina bar and let people actually FLY.

Also, with a standardized engine comes a much more reliable and effective cheat detection method. It'll be nice to have consistent ban waves catching all the people who use cheats in WvW

And do I even need to go into detail on the graphical updates going from an engine designed 12 years ago to Unreal 5? Not only is it far more optimized so gameplay would be smoother, but it'd look a HELL of a lot better, and it'll be easier to develop since almost all your designers know how to use it already, rather than designing on the decade old "in house" engine they build GW2 on. Can we say "developer hell"?

Lets move on from dated graphics, unsatisfying content, and grindy filler content plz. 

Edited by Klaxon.1480
typo in paragraph 3
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Klaxon.1480 said:

Spot on. I agree.

Honestly, I hope GW3 follows the pattern and style of GW2 but adds new dimensions and engine specific capabilities that the old engine simply couldn't handle.
For one, seamless map transition and no-loading screens in open world. THAT would be freaking amazing all by itself... But also, can you imagine Skyscales without a skybox so low you can hit it with a rock? Friggin AMAZING! They could go nuts with the stamina bar and let people actually FLY.

Also, with a standardized engine comes a much more reliable and effective cheat detection method. It'll be nice to have consistent ban waves catching all the people who use cheats in WvW

And do I even need to go into detail on the graphical updates going from an engine designed 12 years ago to Unreal 5? Not only is it far more optimized so gameplay would be smoother, but it'd look a HELL of a lot better, and it'll be easier to develop since almost all your designers know how to use it already, rather than designing on the decade old "in house" engine they build GW2 on. Can we say "developer hell"?

Lets move on from dated graphics, unsatisfying content, and grindy filler content plz. 

Would be nice, but with all this we should probably start grinding IRL for the new GPU now 🙂

10 minutes ago, Klaxon.1480 said:

Spot on. I agree.

You know a modern game like that would require a few hundred millions of dollars budget. Afaik New World was over $200M. If the development will be dragged out for like 5-6 years, it can easily cost like $500M. There is no chance that the modern game will be cheap like GW2 today.
WoW, ESO, FFXIV, the large games all have both monthly subscriptions, microtransactions, cash shop, and gold buying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Azinoth.1902 said:

You know a modern game like that would require a few hundred millions of dollars budget. Afaik New World was over $200M. If the development will be dragged out for like 5-6 years, it can easily cost like $500M. There is no chance that the modern game will be cheap like GW2 today.
WoW, ESO, FFXIV, the large games all have both monthly subscriptions, microtransactions, cash shop, and gold buying.

Yeah, but that's Amazon.  They somehow managed to spend a billion dollars on Rings of Power.  I feel like anyone else could have done it better for less.

• Like 3

On 3/29/2024 at 10:39 PM, veritech.1048 said:

I might be excited by Arena.net making a new MMO. Might be. With an entirely new team, of new people from outside the current company culture.

But Guild Wars 3 ain't it. They've driven this story and its world into stagnation.

World of Guild Wars actually has very rich lore, just unfortunately unlike with the original one the people responsible for Guild Wars 2 story used it very poorly. This can especially be seen with how GW2 story wrote off the most of ground work GW1 left for it. There are still vast amounts of unexplored lore left, yet for GW2 we've mainly just been dancing with dragons, and almost always there being clear dynamic of mean and conservative bad guy versus the progressive and good main cast. It's just so boring and bland way of presenting the story, especially since there are no real side quests nor other means to let players dive deeper into the world, your best bet on that most likely being just playing the original Guild Wars.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Yeah, but that's Amazon.  They somehow managed to spend a billion dollars on Rings of Power.  I feel like anyone else could have done it better for less.

Yeah, they definitely need to stop printing their scripts on the back of originals of the magna carta.

Edited by Ashen.2907

11 hours ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

ofc they cant, all of that is predicated on a new engine.

New maps and worlds are able to be done in GW2's engine.

New professions and skills are still doable here, though whether it's in GW2 or a hypothetical GW3, it's a potential balance nightmare.

Housing is able to be done in GW2.  While it would be nice if Anet would update home instances to allow for the guild hall decoration system, it would be far easier to create player housing by using the guild hall system for dedicated housing instances.

New PvP battlegrounds and different modes are also completely able to be done in GW2's engine.

Now, a new graphics engine could be a benefit to GW3, though GW2 looks fine at the moment with its painting-like art style.  If GW3 were going for a super realistic appearance, it would absolutely require a new graphics engine, though we'd also run into issues of whether or not the current population of GW2 players would be able to join in GW3 without investing in a beefier system.  A common trait among successful MMOs is that they are designed to be able to run on a wide variety of hardware specs, as only targeting a demographic who has high-end machines is an excellent way to produce an MMO that fails to thrive.

• Like 2

i find this news VERY heartening, even with the follow-up qualifier. GW SHOULD move on to GW3. GW2 is old AF. it's very limited to the technology of its time. it has had a remarkable run, a SUCCESSFUL run. that fact that it might end is in no way a strike against it. the fact that we could get GW3 is a sign of its success.

this announcement has inspired me to RETURN to GW2, pick up the new expansion, and continue the story because i know it will likely continue.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Based the updated statement NCSoft made

On 3/28/2024 at 6:27 AM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

According to follow up statement after investor meetings "Guild Wars 3 project has not yet cleared review stage, and the start of development is not yet finalized".

and ANET's statement on MMORPG.com.

"As an active game studio we are always doing internal exploratory work for possible future titles we’d want to create, however we have nothing to confirm right now. The team’s focus is on Guild Wars 2 development, including the game’s next expansion, which we’re excited to talk about soon."

I interpret it to be typical corprate BS meaning. "Our CFO does not really understand  the MMORPG business model and was under pressure to answer questions from rich investors who are currently less rich about our western operations. The CFO didn't have a good answer that explains NCSofts chronic corporate mismanagement. However, he remembered that ANET's GW2 is doing rather well and three comes after two, so surely they must be hard at work making GW3 ... right!" 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Entara.3075 said:

"As an active game studio we are always doing internal exploratory work for possible future titles we’d want to create, however we have nothing to confirm right now. The team’s focus is on Guild Wars 2 development, including the game’s next expansion, which we’re excited to talk about soon."

I interpret it to be typical corprate BS meaning. "Our CFO does not really understand  the MMORPG business model and was under pressure to answer questions from rich investors who are currently less rich about our western operations. The CFO didn't have a good answer that explains NCSofts chronic corporate mismanagement. However, he remembered that ANET's GW2 is doing rather well and three comes after two, so surely they must be hard at work making GW3 ... right!" 😉

Pretty much. They’re talking about a sequel to a game that did well. I’d expect any business to have been doing this. Doesn’t mean anything will happen and certainly nothing will appear anytime soon if development does start. I’m still waiting on Metroid Prime 4 after 7 years from one of the world’s largest and most prominent game developers. Development times for decent modern games are not short.

Impressive this has gone 20 pages for a non-newsworthy story. It’s just standard business talk for a games publisher and not even a new one since we’ve been here before.

I’ll be sad if GW2 were to end, but it’s not imminent

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I think GW3 is a great idea if they take issues from GW2 into consideration and made a better more mature game with a more fluid engine. GW2 had too many niche ideas and never found its rythm. ANet seem to have an identity crisis and the game was all over the place since launch. Consistency is important. The story in 2 was horrendous and makes GW1 look like oscar winning material.

Maybe this time they can add battlegrounds and GvG since its clearly never happening in 2, though with the toxic spammy combat system none of that would work anyway and ANet are obviously aware of that. Combat and class design restricted the pvp to 1 functional instanced mode since release which is essentially unheard of in the MMO world. GW2 failed in many area's, and as I understand it they even stopped making dungeons and raids. So what does this game have that others don't? The ability to endlessly farm events in large groups with terrible visual clutter?

There isn't much reason to play GW2 today compared to when there was much less competition in 2012. My guess is most people playing this game have been here since day 1 and won't let it go and its probably not making a lot of money hence the talks of a third installment. GW2 will never see a resurgance, because nobody cares like they do FF14, ESO, and WoW. ANet could have made a titan, but they wanted to be special. And the crimes commited against GW1 will never been forgiven 😝

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Entara.3075 said:

They didn't deny it as they did a few years ago. And given that they are working on another project it's save to assume it just might be GW3.

To me it reads, NcSoft person really screwed us up with this now we can't actually deny it, because we are working on it, but can't confirm it because it's years away and it would endanger our current revenue.

• Like 1

Jesus kittening christ this is awful. A little speculation from a response provided under duress turned into a wildfire with you people.

I have a real and honest question for you all: Why are so many of you jumping to the conclusion that GW2 is going to get shut down real soon? Or better yet, why are some of you hoping for a shut down?

Way too many of you are spouting nonsense like "GW2 had a good run, but it's over now". You are full of kitten. GW2 is alive and well despite its issues.

If you don't like GW2 then that's fine, but don't go doomsaying needlessly. People are fickle, easily manipulated, and even more easily misinformed. Your calls for an end to GW2 will cause concern for some players who are actually still enjoying the game. With this kitten rhetoric you guys keep spewing out, some people might not be interested in continuing to play because you kitteners have put it in their heads that the game is shutting down. Regardless of the fact that THERE IS ANOTHER CONFIRMED EXPANSION FOR GW2 ALREADY ON THE WAY, they might not be as willing to buy the next expansion now purely because you kitteners got them thinking that there is no point in buying it.

Do you know one of the main reasons why Ancient Rome fell? Too many people bought into the idea that the world was ending soon, so they stopped caring about their society, their community, their infrastructure, their hygiene, and they lost the realization of being part of a good thing.

Now, kindly step the kitten back and wait for an official announcement from ArenaNet. Oh wait, you already got one:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

Jesus kittening christ this is awful. A little speculation from a response provided under duress turned into a wildfire with you people.

I have a real and honest question for you all: Why are so many of you jumping to the conclusion that GW2 is going to get shut down real soon? Or better yet, why are some of you hoping for a shut down?

Way too many of you are spouting nonsense like "GW2 had a good run, but it's over now". You are full of kitten. GW2 is alive and well despite its issues.

If you don't like GW2 then that's fine, but don't go doomsaying needlessly. People are fickle, easily manipulated, and even more easily misinformed. Your calls for an end to GW2 will cause concern for some players who are actually still enjoying the game. With this kitten rhetoric you guys keep spewing out, some people might not be interested in continuing to play because you kitteners have put it in their heads that the game is shutting down. Regardless of the fact that THERE IS ANOTHER CONFIRMED EXPANSION FOR GW2 ALREADY ON THE WAY, they might not be as willing to buy the next expansion now purely because you kitteners got them thinking that there is no point in buying it.

Do you know one of the main reasons why Ancient Rome fell? Too many people bought into the idea that the world was ending soon, so they stopped caring about their society, their community, their infrastructure, their hygiene, and they lost the realization of being part of a good thing.

Now, kindly step the kitten back and wait for an official announcement from ArenaNet. Oh wait, you already got one:

Unfortunately it's not on us forum users. The entire gaming press is talking about that GW3 is coming, and thousands of players are complaining on youtube, reddit, and elsewhere.
The damage has already been done. We will see.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Azinoth.1902 said:

Unfortunately it's not on us forum users. The entire gaming press is talking about that GW3 is coming, and thousands of players are complaining on youtube, reddit, and elsewhere.
The damage has already been done. We will see.

Yeah, and the users here aren't helping.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Azinoth.1902 said:

This video is just an example of many. But read the comments if you care, see how they feel.

Yeah that's my point. This kind of kitten just makes it worse. It's speculation upon speculation upon speculation. None of this is concrete and none of our decisions to play/not play should be based on any of this.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Zera.9435 said:

Yeah that's my point. This kind of kitten just makes it worse. It's speculation upon speculation upon speculation. None of this is concrete and none of our decisions to play/not play should be based on any of this.

The CEO told investors that GW3 is happening. It is a crime to lie to investors, some people have been jailed for it. So it's not just "speculation". 

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, hellsmachine.4085 said:

The CEO told investors that GW3 is happening. It is a crime to lie to investors, some people have been jailed for it. So it's not just "speculation". 

No, lying under oath in a criminal prosecution is a crime. Lying to an investor is NOT a crime. Robbing them of their money is the crime. Lying to a shareholder is also not a crime, just frowned upon and is usually dealt with internally via a vote among a board of directors and shareholders. Every investor invests with the known risk that there is 0 guarantee on a return.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Zera.9435 said:

No, lying under oath in a criminal prosecution is a crime. Lying to an investor is NOT a crime. Robbing them of their money is the crime. Lying to a shareholder is also not a crime, just frowned upon and is usually dealt with internally via a vote among a board of directors and shareholders. Every investor invests with the known risk that there is 0 guarantee on a return.

You have no clue.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zera.9435 said:

Knowingly providing false information regarding your business prospects to investors is illegal in the US. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 2